LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

2012 Team Captains

Shop Find 49ers gear online
what, kaepernick isnt a captain?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

He's got my vote.
For the second time in his eight-year career, 49ers quarterback Alex Smith will serve as a team captain.  For the first time, the honor comes via a vote of his teammates.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports that Smith and defensive end Justin Smith are this year's new captains.  They join 2011 holdovers Frank Gore and Patrick Willis under coach Jim Harbaugh's unique two-year term approach.

"There's no greater honor than being elected captain by your teammates," Harbaugh said.

"He deserves it," Gore said of Smith.  "He had a great year last year.  He had a great camp.  He's a hard-worker, great teammate, and everybody respects him in the locker room.  He deserves to be the captain."

In 2010, former coach Mike Singletary made Smith a captain.  That year, he eventually was benched for Troy Smith.  So maybe the guy most excited about this development should be Colin Kaepernick.

From profootballtalk
VD should replace Gore.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
VD should replace Gore.

Nah.

Davis has become a much better teammate over the years and has even become a leader, but Gore is one of the most respected players in the locker room.

At least... that what every source I've read on the subject says.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
For the second time in his eight-year career, 49ers quarterback Alex Smith will serve as a team captain. For the first time, the honor comes via a vote of his teammates.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports that Smith and defensive end Justin Smith are this year's new captains. They join 2011 holdovers Frank Gore and Patrick Willis under coach Jim Harbaugh's unique two-year term approach.

"There's no greater honor than being elected captain by your teammates," Harbaugh said.

"He deserves it," Gore said of Smith. "He had a great year last year. He had a great camp. He's a hard-worker, great teammate, and everybody respects him in the locker room. He deserves to be the captain."

In 2010, former coach Mike Singletary made Smith a captain. That year, he eventually was benched for Troy Smith. So maybe the guy most excited about this development should be Colin Kaepernick.

From profootballtalk

Congratulatory, yet sh*t on at the same time. Only Alex Smiff
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Congratulatory, yet sh*t on at the same time. Only Alex Smiff

Heh... author was either just trying to be funny or he's a complete moron.

Singletary then. Harbaugh now.

Need I say more?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Really? My picks would be:

Tolzien
Williams
Lee
Jennings
Ck
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
voted on by the players so that means there are no divisions in this locker room! by the way did they name special teams captain yet? just a little thing but since i ran my mouth about rock being named to that spot, i was just wondering

Originally posted by cciowa:
voted on by the players so that means there are no divisions in this locker room! by the way did they name special teams captain yet? just a little thing but since i ran my mouth about rock being named to that spot, i was just wondering

Yeah, does Harbaugh do special teams captains?
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Heh... author was either just trying to be funny or he's a complete moron.

Singletary then. Harbaugh now.

Need I say more?

Yeah if he truly believes that he is certified retarded.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Cap'n Stabbin'
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I thought he doesnt believe in captains?
or maybe thats the captain C?
Originally posted by hofer36:
what, kaepernick isnt a captain?

You would think he should be after reading the thread that has his name on it.
Share 49ersWebzone