There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Keeping Brock ??

I am guessing for his special teams play.
He was horrid as CB. Could not cover anyone. Whiffed bad on a tackle in the Denver game.
Probably ST and I know he had a horrible game against Denver but he played well against SD. Either way though I think in next year's draft we have to look for an upgrade at 5th CB/CB in general. Edit: It's not like we are necessarily done with transactions yet. For all we know Brock or Celek or someone else could be gone tomorrow.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2012 at 9:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Probably ST and I know he had a horrible game against Denver but he played well against SD. Either way though I think in next year's draft we have to look for an upgrade at 5th CB/CB in general. Edit: It's not like we are necessarily done with transactions yet. For all we know Brock or Celek or someone else could be gone tomorrow.

he was also bad vs. Texans. Saw for myself in person.
very true, I am sure some other moves are possible.
Very surprised he didn't get cut.
Would have preferred keeping Bahktiari over Brock.
for all the brock hate, the dude is not that bad. he is a #5 possibly the best 5th corner in the NFL(not that i have studied a ton of film) and this is a team that has 4 starter quality CBs.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Would have preferred keeping Bahktiari over Brock.

okay who would be your 5th corner? with who the niners play this year they need 4 corners. and how likely is it to go completely uninjured all year?
I wonder if the 49ers would take a look at Cliff Harris, he didn't make the cut with Philly but reportedly looked outstanding during the preseason. He's a bit of a knucklehead but has return skills and is an explosive athlete at CB.
There was a lot of similar hate for Tarell Brown last year at this time... I'm going to trust Harbaalke on this one.
Damn phone...
[ Edited by Furlow on Sep 1, 2012 at 1:18 AM ]
Originally posted by Furlow:
There was a lot of similar hate for Tarell Brown last year at this time... I'm going to trust Harbaalke on this one.

Not this huge. Brown never played this bad, especially last year.

Maybe in like... 2009.

I agree, It's hard to cover a guy for 10 seconds, and most of passrushers have been out for us all preseason, also keep in mind that in the texans, denver games we played are backup mainly, both have Elite Qb's. And we got more pressure against the chargers, and Rivers is no chump, and brock looked 1000 times better in that game because we did get to the qb, even though we had all the starters on defense sit. You can have the best back half in football, but if your front can't get pressure and throw the timing of the qb off, than the defensive backs will look like second rate.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

I agree, It's hard to cover a guy for 10 seconds, and most of passrushers have been out for us all preseason, also keep in mind that in the texans, denver games we played are backup mainly, both have Elite Qb's. And we got more pressure against the chargers, and Rivers is no chump, and brock looked 1000 times better in that game because we did get to the qb, even though we had all the starters on defense sit. You can have the best back half in football, but if your front can't get pressure and throw the timing of the qb off, than the defensive backs will look like second rate.

I feel the same way. He looks a bit lost, but so did Brown last year. We need to give him time to develop.
brock had some flashes of being a good cb last year, i think hes worth keeping around to develop. its not like hes gonna start.