There are 240 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I hope Alex and VD pick up where they left off last season!!

They will, VD has had a quiet preseason, people are going to be so focused on the new additions that we have they might forget about the ones we have always had, I think VD will explode even more this year
Originally posted by mkeniner:
Sorry @ZBEAR, I take back my earlier kuddos. You completely plagiarized the above from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Come on man!

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packfoe05-t66o0hu-168564956.html

Yeah, took a lot from the take of our CB and left out some that are positive to the 49ers. And I would ventured he took some from other articles we don't know about either.

Shame... Some of his conclusion is still Packers bias. Packers secondary better than the Niners -- holy sh*t.
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I hope Alex and VD pick up where they left off last season!!

They will, VD has had a quiet preseason, people are going to be so focused on the new additions that we have they might forget about the ones we have always had, I think VD will explode even more this year

2 TD against the Saints. 2TD against the Giants. The connection is good for at least 2TD a game-- book it!
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Sep 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM ]
http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/picks
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Sep 5, 2012 at 7:41 AM ]
The pack has a truly special offense, but defensively despite BJ Raji's size they are less than good against the run. I hope to see this line up on the right side, Boone, Davis, Davis again, then Dobbs, and VD, yes three TE's...with Tukuafu, and Jacobs in the back field! That's over a ton of blocking, for a very big back!

Go NINERS! Crush the Pack!
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/picks

Welp! That's a done deal. ESPN got us at a lost. 0-1. No need to play the game any further. Lets move on to the Lions game.

Look like they are picking the Lions to win it too on the road. That's 0-2 to start the season. Welp! This is certainly turning out to be such a disappointing start to a season filled with so much promise.

Originally posted by bzborow1:
I'm surprised at the confidence of Niners fans going into this one. The Packers have Aaron Rodgers....that alone should put some concern in you because he is the single biggest difference maker on the field Sunday.

The saints have brees and he put up dang near 500 yards and still lost. We came out and hit them in the mouth, forced turnovers and matched them offensively(when needed). As much as I respect A. Rodgers and the pack, the saints are more explosive and we beat them in the playoffs. I think our offense will be much better than last year and our defense shouldn't drop off as much as the "experts " predict. It's a good thing the media and other teams still underestimate us just because we don't have the 5000 yard 40+ td throwing qb(which would be great to have). We have a team that is tough to beat. It doesn't matter if A. Rodgers makes his fantasy owners happy that will play right into our hands. 49ers prefer one dimensional teams. We gave up a lot of passing yards last year and tightened up in the redzone.The teams we lost to last year sans the cowboys and cardinals, out 49ered us.
[ Edited by Irish40Niner on Sep 5, 2012 at 8:03 AM ]
Sorry @ZBEAR, I take back my earlier kuddos. You completely plagiarized the above from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Come on man!

Totally shameful ZBEAR, if that's your real name
Originally posted by leebert81:

Totally shameful ZBEAR, if that's your real name

lol pretended like it was him! shame shame! REDDIT DOWN VOTE!

9ers were 8th in rushing last season? Packers beat 4 teams that ran the ball better last season.

Alex smith has to be perfect and the 9ers D has to give Rodgers no time to throw while still leaving someone to "spy" on him to prevent him scrabbling. The secondary vs the packers WRs is in the packers favor, so it's extremely important to harass Rodgers quickly, and not give him enough time to find an open WR.

Will be excited to see Moss, though I suspect he is a shell of what he was years ago.

Saw this on espn.com today and thought it was kind of interesting about the last time the 9ers beat the Packers - Joe Montana was the 49ers' quarterback, Brett Favre was in college, Aaron Rodgers was 6 years old and Bart Starr was the Packers' all-time passing yardage leader. Also that day, a 26-year-old Jim Harbaugh was completing 14 of 23 passes for 213 yards, one touchdown and a 105.9 NFL passer rating for Chicago during a 26-6 victory at Tampa Bay.
[ Edited by ivo610 on Sep 5, 2012 at 8:12 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Yeah, took a lot from the take of our CB and left out some that are positive to the 49ers. And I would ventured he took some from other articles we don't know about either.

Shame... Some of his conclusion is still Packers bias. Packers secondary better than the Niners -- holy sh*t.
lol he removed some of our positive? lol wtf?
Talk is cheap, we'll see how this all plays out Sunday.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Talk is cheap, we'll see how this all plays out Sunday.

Posturing and speculation is a big part of forums, but absolutely YES... it's all cheap talk until the game plays out.
Harbaugh is going to win this for his new baby boy!
Share 49ersWebzone