There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

The Packers are gonna major have a problems on the ground, as all teams will against the 9ers. Expect our league best nickle D to force some 3-&-outs for Rogers & Co. Expect Rogers to throw at least 2 INT's, one in the redzone. With a new left tackle Aldon Smith is gonna be in Rogers ass all day.

49ers win 28-13
49ers gain 200+ yards on the ground.
Alex Smith throws for 280 yard.

Book it!
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
The Packers are gonna major have a problems on the ground, as all teams will against the 9ers. Expect our league best nickle D to force some 3-&-outs for Rogers & Co. Expect Rogers to throw at least 2 INT's, one in the redzone. With a new left tackle Aldon Smith is gonna be in Rogers ass all day.

49ers win 28-13

Book it!

I like I like...

See this is the kind of thing I miss. I miss the weekly s**t talking from opponent's fans and the epic games that followed. What I been yearning for this whole off season. Not having that has had us fellow 49er fans going at each other as replacement for the common enemy. Now we can get back on the same side and get behind our team.
Great game to start the season, not going to be a blow out either way.
I think gb was one of those teams that spent most of the time in some sort of nickle/dime set either to generate pressure or because the other team was trying to play catch up. So, it'll be interesting to see how they'll play against the niners 2te sets which they will see a lot of. No matter which lb gb throws at vd/walker they are going to need help over the top, hell that goes for most of their db's. Sounds like homerism but woodson looks like their only equalizer back there and he cant cover, double cover everybody. So, in that instance it should interesting in the least to see that match up unfold. Will gb be in a position to go to their bread n butter sets or will they be forced into their base sets to better protect against the base 2 te's and jumbo sets that they WILL SEE.
Should also be interesting to see how gb's d tries to handle the niners stable of rb's from los to open space. Hunter has the advantage over any of their backers in the passing game and gore still has open field ability.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

49ers win 28-13

Book it!

I like I like...

See this is the kind of thing I miss. I miss the weekly s**t talking from opponent's fans and the epic games that followed. What I been yearning for this whole off season. Not having that has had us fellow 49er fans going at each other as replacement for the common enemy. Now we can get back on the same side and get behind our team.
Aman Bro.!!!
I so am ready for this game and season to start.
If I remember correctly, the Packers are just torched by Bradshaw (cause they can't defend the run, and it's looking much worse), and they couldn't find any answer to Manningham up the slot (Woodson couldn't even keep up). -We've been literally hiding Mario all preseason (some reasons not of our own), has been Smith's favorite weapon in camp, I think he's gonna do a lot of damage this Sunday.

In fact, been reading articles that the Packers are so rough in the Secondary, they can't even decide who's gonna get a start Sunday!
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM ]
I'm f**king nervous.

Haven't felt this way since the Garcia days.
im honestly not nervous at all. I know we have the talent to beat the packers and i trust that the team is game planning effectively.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
If you scared go to church!
"Aaronitout" was a homer but this other guy "Bobbyoshea" makes him seem objective, lol. Everything is so simple with these Packers/Saints fans....jeez.

Man, that Saints game was something else. Brees had great protection that game, and when our offense stalled, the D picked up considerably. It wasn't turnovers...there were a 3 and out or two, 3 man rush dropping 8 into coverage for Brees to throw incomplete. We allowed that game to be close.

Maybe one of the Packer homers can explain the punishing ass whooping they got in the playoffs. A lot of favorable calls kept that game a lot closer than it should have been (the fumble early on, the roughing the passer against Osi that yielded a quick TD). Perhaps if Joe Philbin's son wasn't found dead that week they would have scored 60 points on the Giants.

I trust that our defensive game plan will be right for the Packers.

I feel the only way the Packers win is if we fail to get the rush going.

Ideal scenario is for 49ers to get a lead, maintain it, defense take away the Packers run game, and have Aldon go into pass rush mode exclusively the rest of the game.

PUMPED!!
Can't Wait!

GIFSoup
Rodgers runs for his life and throws 2 int's while being sacked once in every quarter but still manages to put up 3 touchdowns. The 49ers offense still struggles in the redzone against a mediocre Packer defense but pulls out a 3 point win thanks to David Akers 4 FG's a Crabtree TD and a Kendall Hunter 4th quarter run for a TD. 26-24 49ers !
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 4, 2012 at 12:28 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I'm f**king nervous.

Haven't felt this way since the Garcia days.

I agree. I'm going to be quite nervous at the start of the game. I think I'm going to have to turn off the audio on the TV set so that I cant hear the Packers fans and as a result have to worry that the niners are being affected by crowd noise.