LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by taney71:
Got military duty next weekend.

Can you take your iPhone to watch the game?
Yeah but I don't have that kind of data plan and no WIFI in my Squadron. Maybe it'll be on in our break-room.

Obe, thanks for your service, man. God bless.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

Do you blame me??! They brought in Moss as a deep threat yet the qbs can't throw deep accurately at least based on what we saw in preseason. Have we even seen them try to establish and build some chemistry in the deep passing game during preseason?
[ Edited by iwasright73 on Sep 3, 2012 at 11:44 AM ]
Originally posted by iwasright73:

Do you blame me??! They brought in Moss as a deep threat yet the qbs can't throw deep accurately at least based on what we saw in preseason. Have we even seen them try to establish and build some chemistry in the deep passing game during preseason?

Yea, we can blame you. You said it.

Still, in practice, they're in sync when needed. They don't need Moss in the preseason.

You want to focus you're POV that way, be our guest. Although, it seems very premature.

Just sayin...
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

God Bless Faithful.

I know right!! Dude, the starters played a whole 4 quarters total of preseason football for the grand prize of preseason champion on the line and Smitty and Moss didn't blow it up??
Originally posted by ninertico:

Still, in practice, they're in sync when needed. They don't need Moss in the preseason.

You want to focus you're POV that way, be our guest. Although, it seems very premature.

Just sayin...

My sentiment is the same. Wait till the season starts and GB starts blitzing us as they are apt and prone to do, then watch to see whether Alex makes em pay as he usually does to blitzing defenses. As for the long ball, I would like to assume that we will be pleasantly surprised now that Harbaugh has had a full offseason with this club as opposed to last season. I expect Alex to be much more competent in this offense in year 2. Heck Colin had improved from last season. I say let us give em a chance first
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
My sentiment is the same. Wait till the season starts and GB starts blitzing us as they are apt and prone to do, then watch to see whether Alex makes em pay as he usually does to blitzing defenses. As for the long ball, I would like to assume that we will be pleasantly surprised now that Harbaugh has had a full offseason with this club as opposed to last season. I expect Alex to be much more competent in this offense in year 2. Heck Colin had improved from last season. I say let us give em a chance first

Of course, we'll give them a chance.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Just sayin...

I think practice and game time against a 1st string defense are two very different things but I'll wait and see.
I will be watching this match up all day: Smith VS Newhouse. If there is a weak link in their OL it's Newhouse. Although an emerging talent, he's been identified as being a concern on that line. I am sure Fangio will create a game plan and has been for some time against the left side of the OL. I can see both Smiths taking full advantage of the scheme and the doubt of Newhouse especially once Rodgers hit the floor.

That will be the sole goal of the D's front four, "RUSH" Rodgers. That word "rush" has dual meanings, pass-rush him and rush or accelerate his presence making him uncomfortable. Once we establish that we can do this on 1st and 2nd downs while handling the their run game, we can bring in the Dime packages. I believe that Cox will come in before Spillman giving us 4-2-5 or even 4-1-6 with Spillman. Those third downs will be a four man front again with multiple stunts, blitzes and delays giving Rodgers some difficulty. Now given that, we all seen Rodgers deal with it, but he's only human. The more 1st and 2nd down wins, we can beat Rodgers and McCarthy on thirds. To me, that is the game's most pivotal chess match.

The other side is Roman VS Capers. I expect the offensive coaching staff has broken down preseason film already especially placing the new "pieces" like Worthy and Merling, but especially Nick Perry. If we can run on there front seven consistantly and effectively during 1st and 2nd downs, then 3rds become highly manageable with us being able to dictate terms. I believe the passing game will open up as we run down there throats. I believe Perry to be the weak link, we just got to get to him at the second level and run away from Matthews. Once established, the play actions to WRs and TEs will slice and dice their secondary. I also believe that Alex's God given elusiveness will buy him time to throw or run down field when the pocket collapses. I actually think there is a "second level" to some plays if Alex gets out of the pocket... We kind of saw it with both Kaep and Johnson last week.

To me, the run game for both teams will determine the game. We know that they can throw, but can they run? Have we increased our talent pool in the secondary enough to challenge and defeat Rodgers. Can Alex lead the offense back if down against this Packer team? Can he not turnover the ball?

Hmmm...given all factors, we have a solid chance to come out of GB 1-0!
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by trevorontario:
with his feet he can squeeze the ball into very tiny windows.

Kama Sutra s**t right there.

POTD!!!

Lmao. How did that go unnoticed

Originally posted by taney71:

Can you take your iPhone to watch the game?
Yeah but I don't have that kind of data plan and no WIFI in my Squadron. Maybe it'll be on in our break-room.

I hope so for you. Thanks for your service.
f**k rodgers and the p***y packers.

we win 49 to 3
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Our DL needs to disrupt Rodgers and our Secondary needs to hold up in coverage, then we will win this game. If our DL can have that same intensity as in 2011, there is no way we lose this game.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
ITS f**kING FOOOTBALL SEASON MUTHERf**kERSSSSS

I WANT TO WRESTLE A RHINO RIGHT NOW I AM SO PUMPED

GOSDIJGPIOSFANGHIPORKENGOFSGSDPKNG

AEFETWREKJITWRJ GUYV f**k YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Originally posted by Garcia:
ITS f**kING FOOOTBALL SEASON MUTHERf**kERSSSSS

I WANT TO WRESTLE A RHINO RIGHT NOW I AM SO PUMPED

GOSDIJGPIOSFANGHIPORKENGOFSGSDPKNG

AEFETWREKJITWRJ GUYV f**k YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ditto!