There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would Peyton have been a better fit than Alex?

GO GO ALEX!!!

'Limitation' --- don't curr

'Game Manager' -- don't curr

'Peyton Manning' -- don't curr

Winning...YES!!
Peyton would be in the hospital if he got hit as much as Alex.
Has anybody noticed how all of the "elite qb"s in the league arnt really looking too elite so far? Brady, Rogers, Eli and Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Has anybody noticed how all of the "elite qb"s in the league arnt really looking too elite so far? Brady, Rogers, Eli and Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees

I thought the lack of offseason and training camps really gave those elite passing teams a big advantage last year that they don't have now. Defenses have had time to prepare for them and get their schemes down. What the niners did last year was truly remarkable and quite frankly are going to annihiliate teams this year.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

I thought the lack of offseason and training camps really gave those elite passing teams a big advantage last year that they don't have now. Defenses have had time to prepare for them and get their schemes down. What the niners did last year was truly remarkable and quite frankly are going to annihiliate teams this year.

That's likely part of it. I think another big part is the officials. They are calling a college game which allows for more physical play by the DBs. What that is doing is taking the NFL back to the pre-1990s rules changes. Heck, I doubt Rodgers, Brady, or Brees would look very elite back in the 80s under the old system. They would still be good but not putting up the crazy numbers they have in previous seasons.

I always think about if Marino played in today's NFL. I think he would put all these QBs to shame. The same with Montana (just not the same crazy stats as Marino).
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
You also have to consider that Peyton Manning is costing the Broncos $50 Million per year. Who would you rather not sign, Navorro Bowman? Therefore a big NO!

lol
Sorry I got my number messed up. $18 Million a year, $58 Million if he is in Denver for the first 3 years guaranteed. $96 Million over the life of the deal. Still not worth it

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-free-agency/2012/3/20/2887461/peyton-manning-contract-denver-broncos
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
1 SB in 14 years. Said it before, will say it again. 90 mill for a very very small chance of winning the SB./thread

Peyton will somehow come here and suddenly after 14 years be able to win the big one automatically. SOmething he has never done. 1/14 for the GOAT. Not taking away anything Manning has done during regular season, but still chances are just as good with Alex and our 75+ million we saved.

Overrated regular season stat padder.

Glad he's out in Denver throwing picks and Alexander the Great is ballin.

I love the idea of nicknaming Alex, Alexander the Great, but you have to remember Alexander the Great also f*cked men.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I love the idea of nicknaming Alex, Alexander the Great, but you have to remember Alexander the Great also f*cked men.

...and...?
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for goldstandard333.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
GO GO ALEX!!!

'Limitation' --- don't curr

'Game Manager' -- don't curr

'Peyton Manning' -- don't curr

Winning...YES!!

Bloody nose don't curr
no because he isnt 100% healthy
Thank God we didn't end up with that old man. So glad we got Alex.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Thank God we didn't end up with that old man. So glad we got Alex.

Agreed
I don't think the team was very interested after they saw him throw and knowing the concessions necessary to sign him. Denver was a different situation. His arm can be overcome, it was obvious from game 1 that he lost arm strength. But he can overcome it. For us, Alex was a much better fit for many reasons.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

That's likely part of it. I think another big part is the officials. They are calling a college game which allows for more physical play by the DBs. What that is doing is taking the NFL back to the pre-1990s rules changes. Heck, I doubt Rodgers, Brady, or Brees would look very elite back in the 80s under the old system. They would still be good but not putting up the crazy numbers they have in previous seasons.

I always think about if Marino played in today's NFL. I think he would put all these QBs to shame. The same with Montana (just not the same crazy stats as Marino).

Good post.
Marino would have thrown for 6000yards back to back with today´s rules.