There are 330 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Montana and Rice on NFL Live

Just showed highlights of yesterday's game.

Joe talked about how Alex should have thrown underneath when he threw that deep pass to Moss and he had triple coverage.
Both are on now on Nfl Live on ESPN!!!!!talkin bout Alex,Vernon,Moss etc.im in total awe!!!!also,Steve on there too!!!talk bout a trifecta.lol

[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Aug 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM ]
Other than hitting the underneath coverage, they all sounded optimistic. Not bad.
When Joe Montana speaks, you listen.
I love Jerry Rice but he sucks as an analyst.
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
When Joe Montana speaks, you listen.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

All the former players suck as analysts. The only exception are former players who became coaches.
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Just showed highlights of yesterday's game.

Joe talked about how Alex should have thrown underneath when he threw that deep pass to Moss and he had triple coverage.

Well Joe doesn't know anything compared to the analysts in the zone. They think he should throw deep to Moss every play, so obviously Montana is an idiot.
They brought in Matt Millen to talk about how important defense was to the 49ers during the SB years.

Joe told the John Candy story. Jerry said that he had blinders on and didn't pay attend to Joe calling out John Candy out on the sidelines.

All the former players suck as analysts. The only exception are former players who became coaches.

I like Steve Young as an analyst.

I like Steve Young as an analyst.

Young isn't that bad. I'll admit that was just a blanket statement. It's just that so many of them are just terrible on so many levels (i.e. Shannon Sharpe is terrible for different reasons that Mark Schlereth is terrible). I could go into a whole rant about the problems with NFL Live and the pre-game shows.

Oh and the reason Joe was on was so that they could plug Madden.
Funny Alex throws deep and they say he should have checked down.
He checks down and they say he should have thrown it deep lol
Originally posted by 99problems:
Funny Alex throws deep and they say he should have checked down.
He checks down and they say he should have thrown it deep lol

You think its funny, but a lot of us see it as a problem.
Jerry totally sucks as analyst.

Former players who are good [not great] analysts are Mark Schlaryth ]sp], dillfer, Howie Long, Bradshaw, Jawarski. I don't think any former player analyst on TV is great at what they do.

Terrible ones are Sapp, Cris Carter, Jamie Pukes, Keshawn,

Randy Cross is a little better than average as is Moose Johnson.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Jerry totally sucks as analyst.

Former players who are good [not great] analysts are Mark Schlaryth ]sp], dillfer, Howie Long, Bradshaw, Jawarski. I don't think any former player analyst on TV is great at what they do.

Terrible ones are Sapp, Cris Carter, Jamie Pukes, Keshawn,

Randy Cross is a little better than average as is Moose Johnson.

Analysts and Announcers are not always one and the same. I would say that Jaws is a fantastic analyst, but isn't all that great in the booth. Mayock Is the ultimate blend of analyst and announcer. Cross is good in the booth, but not an amazing analyst.