LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

Montana and Rice on NFL Live

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Joe Buck is the worst!!
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Better or worse than the missed bomb to Kyle Williams in the NFC Championship game?

I gotta rewatch yesterday's game......was there any room really for Moss to get it anyways?

It was worse! I'm a Smitty supporter but that was an epic fail of a throw. If it was even slightly on target it would have been intercepted since Moss had triple coverage. It was probably the worst decision and worst throw I have seen from Smitty in a long time.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
It was worse! I'm a Smitty supporter but that was an epic fail of a throw. If it was even slightly on target it would have been intercepted since Moss had triple coverage. It was probably the worst decision and worst throw I have seen from Smitty in a long time.

Only Moss had any chance of getting that ball. Watch again.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by 99problems:
Funny Alex throws deep and they say he should have checked down.
He checks down and they say he should have thrown it deep lol

How hard is it to see your receiver being double-covered with a safety closing too? As an NFL vet, how can you not see your options are going to be better underneath for 15 yards! A first down!

Sucking pathetic for A qb and pathetic if people can't see it

In a preseason game one could argue that you could force it regardless just because they wanted to. Regardless of whether the pass was complete or not, it did have some effect on how the 49ers offense is perceived now.

In a regular season, different story. You always try to take the best option.

Just think, 3 games in and that was the first real deep throw down the middle to a WR by Alex.

Force it then. I'm all for it. But then how do you explain on how horrible the accuracy was? It was total s**t no matter how you slice it

Better or worse than the missed bomb to Kyle Williams in the NFC Championship game?

I gotta rewatch yesterday's game......was there any room really for Moss to get it anyways?

That's another matter, but the play will always start with the qb.

I think Alex can do some good things, and I believe we will be successful, but if we lack prodauction with all our playmakers, who do we blame? Not playcalling for sure, because. We already know how complex our playbook can be.
I think the absolute worst is merrill hodge. That guys just forms his own opinion without ever watching games it seems like.
I like Young and Mark Schlereth is alright. Collinsworth...meh, like someone else said earlier, knows his stuff but can get douchey.

As for the Alex pass into triple coverage to Moss, yeah, it wasn't pretty and shouldn't have been thrown, but silver lining I guess is that if Moss didn't get it, no one would have.
  • kw49
  • Veteran
Here is an online video from yesterday's NFL live. This was not aired.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8307796
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kw49:
Here is an online video from yesterday's NFL live. This was not aired.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8307796

Thanks for the link, Bro! Good stuff.

Is it just me or is Montana just fun to listen to? He's so relaxed and just talks about football like a regular guy... who happens to know a lot about football.

Jerry on the other hand... well... hands are not his strong suit as an analyst. Waving those long WR arms around gesticulating wildly makes him look like a goon.

Still love them both, though! Want to get Madden this year to toss the pigskin around with them again! Good times!
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Just showed highlights of yesterday's game.

Joe talked about how Alex should have thrown underneath when he threw that deep pass to Moss and he had triple coverage.

Well Joe doesn't know anything compared to the analysts in the zone. They think he should throw deep to Moss every play, so obviously Montana is an idiot.

So true lol........ Alex throwing into triple coverage obviously wasnt the right decision, but it was preseason.

It looked like Alex knew it probably wasn't gonna have a chance and just tossed it out where if Moss had a burst of speed he might have been able to get out there and get it. The most important thing to see is that it was thrown where nobody had a chance to get it except Moss even if it was a slim chance. Another thing is the fact that Moss could draw triple coverage at all. That means good things for the rest of the receivers. Especially with Vernon needing a double of his own on him as well.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Just wanted to remind everyone that Alex did throw a TD to Walker in triple coverage last season.

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Just wanted to remind everyone that Alex did throw a TD to Walker in triple coverage last season.

.. and it was a rather similar "triple coverage".. only the ball was perfect in length that time.

... but Alex missed Moss by a yard or two.. he haz regresseded.
Montana, Rice and Young. That's when no one really had it better than us!!

wtf? The overthrow to Kyle in the NFCCG was wayyy worse lol

The throw to moss was just a heave for heave's sake..brady threw to moss in triple coverage a billion times and got away with it
Share 49ersWebzone