LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Yep.

It was a s**tty outcome for Josh Johnson, but we don't know anything about the reasoning behind it.

People need to quit making assumptions.

More importantly, it might be a @#$%% outcome for the 49ers if ST is asked to command an offense in a real game as we have no idea if he's capable of doing so against 1st string defenses looking to tear his head off. I'm not sure how JH can choose an undrafted qb who's never seen action in a real game over the second most experienced qb on your roster...especially one he has a long history and chemistry with. Then again, what do I know?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Kaep got a free ride for some time for being a 2nd rd pick, and a high one. He was out played by both Johnson and Tolzien, but he wasn't going anywhere. And Jenkins was also out played and out performed in camp and games, thus reasoning why had he been a close call.
Couldn't agree more!! CK did not impress me at all during preseason making the announcement that he separated himself from ST/JJ (at the time) for 2nd string all the more annoying. I'm sure there are very few fans who feel comforable with the idea of CK running the offense if AS goes down.
So, I may be biased because i grew up with Reggie and saw him smoke everybody all through school and at OU. He is a hard hitter, and finds himself in the right place at the right time a lot. So, yeah, I definitely think the 9ers should re sign him. He is definitely worth having as at least a #3 S. He did pick off Tebow in that preseason game.....
Share 49ersWebzone