LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Born49R:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Seriously, how in the hell did Tolzien beat Johnson...wtf

Simple, Johnson is the better athlete, Tolzien the better QB.

J = $$$$ T= $$
In practice
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
My feeling come game days.

These should be the normal top 46 active.

QB- Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick
RB- Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter and Brandon Jacobs
FB- Bruce Miller and Anthony Dixon(ST Ace mainly)
WR- Michael Crabtree, Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn Jr., and Kyle Williams
TE- Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker
OL- Alex Boone, Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Leonard Davis, Daniel Kilgore, Mike Iupati and Jonathan Goodwin
DL- Justin Smith, Isaac Sopoaga, Ray McDonald, Demarcus Dobbs, Ricky Jean Francois and Will Tukuafu
LB- Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Parys Haralson, Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Larry Grant and Tavares Gooden
CB- Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, Chris Culliver and Perrish Cox
S- Dashon Goldson, Donte Whitner, CJ Spillman and Trenton Robinson
ST- David Akers, Andy Lee and Brian Jennings

Inactives: QB Tolzien, RB James, WR Jenkins, OL Looney, NT Williams, CB Brock and S McBath

I wouldn't be surprised if we keep a DB over Kyle Williams. Run based team, not gonna use more than 3 WRs, the top 3 are better than Williams.

Jenkins will be active.

At the expense of whom? We wont go below 7 OL, 7 LB, 8 DB, 6 DL. In fact I missed Celek, so there's an open spot, but you figure it's a DB, I don't see us going light on DBs.

I think Tukuafu will be inactive, or Dobbs if he is not healthy. But I think LMJ will be active, not Jenkins. Just my 2 cents.
wish the dumb NFL would just make all 53 players active

Baalke- "I'll let you keep Alex..but.."

Harbaugh -" Buuuut....?"

Baalke- "I get to keep the one"

Harbaugh - "The one?"

Baalke- "yes, the one"

Harbaugh- "ooooh *the oneeee*.." ......."no seriously, who the f**k are u talking about?"

Baalke- "Tolzien dammnit!"

Harbaugh- "oh"
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
In practice

Johnson is to good and to experienced to be a #3, I think he was really battling CK for the #2 spot. He makes too much money to be a #3 not being better than CK was his problem.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Johnson is to good and to experienced to be a #3, I think he was really battling CK for the #2 spot. He makes too much money to be a #3 not being better than CK was his problem.
this. I think johnson would be upset as a 3 and inactive on Sundays.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Bjs
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Seriously I wonder what is reasoning with only allowing 45 or whatever the number is.
Originally posted by susweel:
Seriously I wonder what is reasoning with only allowing 45 or whatever the number is.

They put in the rule so all teams would have the same amount of healthy players available. So it's a competitive balance thing but it's wasting opportunities for players. So if team A only had 50 players healthy and 3 hurt where team b had all 53 players healthy they would have the advantage. This way both teams come into the game with 46 players.

Another thing on jenkins being active, he hasn't proven he is better than Ginn or even Williams to be over them. And Tukuafu brings more than Jenkins. He can play in backfield, and key DE reserve.

Also James, no room for him to be active, when I thought Rock would make team, I usually had James inactive, he has no defined role yet, and needs practice to get better. He isn't ready as a Returner, I wouldn't trust him back there, he looks nervous to me back there.

agreed
Originally posted by SFrush:

agreed

No, that would make too much sense.
Originally posted by Born49R:
Simple, Johnson is the better athlete, Tolzien the better QB.

Tolzien only looked like the better qb (AT TIMES) against 3rd/4th string players. We've yet to see if he can actually hold his own and command an offense down the field consistently for TDs against first string defenses in real games. Constrastly, JJ was the second most experienced qb on the roster and has faced 1st string defenses in real games almost 30 times in his 3 years in the league so I think it was potentially a mistake getting rid of him. JJ was generally familiar with JH's scheme but not with the nuances of Roman's offense which put him at a signifcant disadvantage as he had very little time to play catch up to the other qbs.
Another thing on jenkins being active, he hasn't proven he is better than Ginn or even Williams to be over them. And Tukuafu brings more than Jenkins. He can play in backfield, and key DE reserve.

Also James, no room for him to be active, when I thought Rock would make team, I usually had James inactive, he has no defined role yet, and needs practice to get better. He isn't ready as a Returner, I wouldn't trust him back there, he looks nervous to me back there.

James looked nervous as all get out on kick offs.
Share 49ersWebzone