There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
where's all the kyle williams haters now?

right here

f**k Kyle Williams

good..make yourselves known so when he's scoring touchdowns and helping us win games you can still say he sucks

Yes his 2 career tds can't be replaced.
The NFL is full of former SF TEs. KR is just the lastest...is he as good as Pascoe? I trust the team made good decisions, but they are getting to the point where some of their releases will be painful. The most pain may come on STs where they have lost several key contributors and arguably there two most valuable in Jones and Costanzo.

As far as their two openings on PS are concerned they may be waiting for guys to make up their minds. Wish Owusu could have been signed but...oh well!

Edit: Forgot to mention that coaching and scheme may have made some of these guys look better than they actually are.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM ]
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
#49ers announce practice squad: DT Jerod-Eddie, LB C.Johnson, DT Masifilo, T Netter, WR Palmer, S M.Thomas,T Wiggins, LB Wilhoite
Nice, glad to see cam on there. I'm really pulling for the guy. Hopefully him or Fleming can beat out that waste of roster space thst is haralson
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
#49ers announce practice squad: DT Jerod-Eddie, LB C.Johnson, DT Masifilo, T Netter, WR Palmer, S M.Thomas,T Wiggins, LB Wilhoite

Championship.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Championship.

Yeah, unfortunately the only guys I don't like on our PS are the two tackles (of course, I also wanted Tyms, but that's my problem )
so who is our backup tackle ?

Maybe it is Alex Boone kicking out and Leonard D or Looney filling the RG spot as he does. That's what I'd be inclined to do.

Yep, there is our 8 plus we keep Jewel Hampton who was on IR along with Darius Fleming.

Looks like Konrad Reuland got signed to the Jets 53 man roster by them claiming him. And Mike Person made the Colts 53 man roster. Looks like we either didn't want Owusu back or he wanted to sign with the Chargers PS instead.
Could have done without one or both of those DEs.. I can see us dumping one of them at some point to add a darkhorse.
I'm really happy with how the 53-man roster out. Tough to see guys like Jones, Reuland, and Person leave, but this team is sooo deep. Even the practice squad looks very good.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Maybe it is Alex Boone kicking out and Leonard D or Looney filling the RG spot as he does. That's what I'd be inclined to do.

yup.
Losing Person kind of stinks. We are very thin at OT now. I thought he was a solid backup OT and OG. We should of kept him and waived Celek, IMO. Glad to see Palmer, Johnson and Thomas on the PS

Boone. He would have to kick out to either OT spot and Davis would replace him at guard. After that we have no one. Kind of scary. Really should of kept Person over Celek
Wiggins is a Tackle on PS. He sorta replaced Person.... am I missing something...