Originally posted by Wodwo:http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/career-rushing.htm
Originally posted by jreff22:
gore will play until he gets the record + some yards....after that his reps will be cut a lot
What record?
There are 734 users in the forums
Official Roster Cutdown Thread
Aug 30, 2012 at 6:42 PM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,409
Aug 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM
- Gore_21
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,685
Originally posted by jreff22:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/career-rushing.htm
He's already got that. They didn't carry over Joe Perry's from the AFFL so he passed him already.
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Gore-Becomes-49ers-Rushing-King/b5003a8f-5e8b-4a51-972f-c0dc29c35162
He has over 10,000 total yards... would be cool if he would get 10,000 rushing... needs like 2375 more.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM ]
Aug 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM
- cciowa
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by mayo49:
Gore will start to get fazed out of the lineup. It'll be Hunter and James as our future backs, probably starting next year.
no offense to your penis but we have to make sure those two can do the job before we do any sort of phasing out of gire
Aug 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,409
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by jreff22:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/career-rushing.htm
He's already got that. They didn't carry over Joe Perry's from the AFFL so he passed him already.
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Gore-Becomes-49ers-Rushing-King/b5003a8f-5e8b-4a51-972f-c0dc29c35162
He has over 10,000 total yards... would be cool if he would get 10,000 rushing... needs like 2375 more.
he passed him but he (and I know he knows this) has one more guy to pass to be the 100% record holder
Aug 31, 2012 at 8:46 AM
- THEB
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,760
Today is the day folks!
Whos your surprise cut today?
Mine is Dixon. He played well yesterday and changed a lot of minds but he just isnt the future and Rock Cartwright has more to offer on ST.
We have to get down to 53 by 6pm PST, which im sure most of you already know
Whos your surprise cut today?
Mine is Dixon. He played well yesterday and changed a lot of minds but he just isnt the future and Rock Cartwright has more to offer on ST.
We have to get down to 53 by 6pm PST, which im sure most of you already know
Aug 31, 2012 at 8:51 AM
- Pick6
- Veteran
- Posts: 640
we need a minor league affiliate... too many good players will be gone this time tomorrow.
Aug 31, 2012 at 8:52 AM
- THEB
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,760
Everyone cut today could start on the dolphins. Maybe thats why theyre trading all their starters away!
Aug 31, 2012 at 8:53 AM
- qnnhan7
- Veteran
- Posts: 35,181
They gave NaPalm a lot of throws. He got himself open and had good positions. BUT HE CAN'T CATCH THE FREAK'N BALL. Frustrating. My favorite camp guy but he seems to be more on the cut side.
Aug 31, 2012 at 8:54 AM
- Wodwo
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,476
I just have no idea who will be getting cut and who won't. I won't bother guessing because there's no point... if I turned out to be right it'd just be blind luck.
I just don't have a handle on Harbaugh's thought process.
It'll be an interesting day, though. Lots of kids that look pretty talented are going to get cut... it's just a numbers game.
What I'm most curious to see is if we make any moves to acquire new players. Either through a trade or the waiver wire.
I just don't have a handle on Harbaugh's thought process.
It'll be an interesting day, though. Lots of kids that look pretty talented are going to get cut... it's just a numbers game.
What I'm most curious to see is if we make any moves to acquire new players. Either through a trade or the waiver wire.
Aug 31, 2012 at 8:56 AM
- Wodwo
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,476
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
They gave NaPalm a lot of throws. He got himself open and had good positions. BUT HE CAN'T CATCH THE FREAK'N BALL. Frustrating. My favorite camp guy but he seems to be more on the cut side.
On a positive note, that may allow us to keep him on the practice squad.
Aug 31, 2012 at 8:58 AM
- Wodwo
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,476
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I think him and Owusu were competing for a practice squad job.
I'm really curious about how Owusu was handled in the preseason. It looks like they were trying to hide him a bit, but you never know.
It's REALLY nice to have the depth at WR we have right now. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.
Aug 31, 2012 at 9:19 AM
- PatrickJira411
- Member
- Posts: 4,117
53 Man Roster Prediction:
QB (4): Alex Smith; Colin Kaepernick; Josh Johnson; Scott Tolzien (We will open the season with four QB's because I don't think the 49ers want to take a chance releasing Tolzien or Josh Johnson and the Packers end up picking one of them. I don't think we will finish the season with Four QB's on our 53 man roster. They may try to sneak Tolzien on the practice squad after week 1 or 2.
RB-FB (6): Frank Gore; Kendall Hunter; Brandon Jacobs; LaMichael James; Britt Miller; Anthony Dixon (Dixon makes it over Cartwright after a good pre-season and the fact he can also play a little FB and is a good ST's player himself.)
WR (6): Michael Crabtree; Randy Moss; Mario Manningham; Ted Ginn Jr; Kyle Wiliams; A.J Jenkins (Most improved area on the team by far. Even our PS will be solid at WR. I hope we get both Osowu and Nathan Palmer on the PS)
TE (2); Vernon Davis; Delaine Walker; (Plus Dobbs can fill in as a blocking tight end. That is huge that Dobbs has show he can do the job as ablocking TE. Saves a roster spot)
O-Line (9): Joe Staley; Mike Iupati; Jonathan Goodwin; Alex Boone; Anthony Davis; Leonard Davis; Daniel Kilgore; Joe Looney; Mike Person (Good solid group. Good starters and some solid (young) backups with a solid veteran backup in Leonard Davis.
D-Line (7): Justin Smith, Issac Sopoaga; Ray McDonald; DeMarcus Dobbs; Ricky Jean-Francois; Will Tukafuku; Ian Williams (The first six are set in stone. The question is does Ian Wiliams make the team? I think he does because with Soaps becoming an UFA after this season, he could potentially be a starter or at least competing for the starting NT job next year. He has shown good progress. I really like Dobbs versatility along the D-Line.
LB's (7)- Aldon Smith; Ahmad Brooks; Patrick Willis; NaVorro Bowman; Larry Grant; Tavarris Gooden; Parys Haralson (Once again the team goes with only Three OLB's. Alama- Francis has played well in the two exhibition games with the 49ers and might be worth keeping around or could be brought back later. Bakhtiari has had a good pre-season but I don't think he is good enough to make THIS team.
DB's (9)- Carlos Rogers; Tarrell Brown; Chris Culliver; Perrish Cox; Tremaine Brock; Dashon Goldson; Donte Whitner; C.J Spillman; Darcell McBath (Really, really tough calls here. Trenton Robinson could very easily make the team but I think the 49ers will gamble a bit and try to get him onto their PS. I think McBath has earned the right to make the team. I could be wrong. Colin Jones could or could not make the team. He has great ST's value but really no position value. So it will be a tough call. I think Brock surives, barely but he could end up getting cut and Trenton Robinson makes the team. Some really tough choices here. If we cut Ian Williams than certainly I think Trenton Robinson and McBath make the team. If only keep 3 QB's then both guys make the team as well.
ST's (3)- David Akers; Andy Lee; Brian Jennings
QB (4): Alex Smith; Colin Kaepernick; Josh Johnson; Scott Tolzien (We will open the season with four QB's because I don't think the 49ers want to take a chance releasing Tolzien or Josh Johnson and the Packers end up picking one of them. I don't think we will finish the season with Four QB's on our 53 man roster. They may try to sneak Tolzien on the practice squad after week 1 or 2.
RB-FB (6): Frank Gore; Kendall Hunter; Brandon Jacobs; LaMichael James; Britt Miller; Anthony Dixon (Dixon makes it over Cartwright after a good pre-season and the fact he can also play a little FB and is a good ST's player himself.)
WR (6): Michael Crabtree; Randy Moss; Mario Manningham; Ted Ginn Jr; Kyle Wiliams; A.J Jenkins (Most improved area on the team by far. Even our PS will be solid at WR. I hope we get both Osowu and Nathan Palmer on the PS)
TE (2); Vernon Davis; Delaine Walker; (Plus Dobbs can fill in as a blocking tight end. That is huge that Dobbs has show he can do the job as ablocking TE. Saves a roster spot)
O-Line (9): Joe Staley; Mike Iupati; Jonathan Goodwin; Alex Boone; Anthony Davis; Leonard Davis; Daniel Kilgore; Joe Looney; Mike Person (Good solid group. Good starters and some solid (young) backups with a solid veteran backup in Leonard Davis.
D-Line (7): Justin Smith, Issac Sopoaga; Ray McDonald; DeMarcus Dobbs; Ricky Jean-Francois; Will Tukafuku; Ian Williams (The first six are set in stone. The question is does Ian Wiliams make the team? I think he does because with Soaps becoming an UFA after this season, he could potentially be a starter or at least competing for the starting NT job next year. He has shown good progress. I really like Dobbs versatility along the D-Line.
LB's (7)- Aldon Smith; Ahmad Brooks; Patrick Willis; NaVorro Bowman; Larry Grant; Tavarris Gooden; Parys Haralson (Once again the team goes with only Three OLB's. Alama- Francis has played well in the two exhibition games with the 49ers and might be worth keeping around or could be brought back later. Bakhtiari has had a good pre-season but I don't think he is good enough to make THIS team.
DB's (9)- Carlos Rogers; Tarrell Brown; Chris Culliver; Perrish Cox; Tremaine Brock; Dashon Goldson; Donte Whitner; C.J Spillman; Darcell McBath (Really, really tough calls here. Trenton Robinson could very easily make the team but I think the 49ers will gamble a bit and try to get him onto their PS. I think McBath has earned the right to make the team. I could be wrong. Colin Jones could or could not make the team. He has great ST's value but really no position value. So it will be a tough call. I think Brock surives, barely but he could end up getting cut and Trenton Robinson makes the team. Some really tough choices here. If we cut Ian Williams than certainly I think Trenton Robinson and McBath make the team. If only keep 3 QB's then both guys make the team as well.
ST's (3)- David Akers; Andy Lee; Brian Jennings
Aug 31, 2012 at 9:23 AM
- DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,974
^ lol Britt Miller
Aug 31, 2012 at 9:57 AM
- oldninerdude
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,330
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
53 Man Roster Prediction:
QB (4): Alex Smith; Colin Kaepernick; Josh Johnson; Scott Tolzien (We will open the season with four QB's because I don't think the 49ers want to take a chance releasing Tolzien or Josh Johnson and the Packers end up picking one of them. I don't think we will finish the season with Four QB's on our 53 man roster. They may try to sneak Tolzien on the practice squad after week 1 or 2.
RB-FB (6): Frank Gore; Kendall Hunter; Brandon Jacobs; LaMichael James; Britt Miller; Anthony Dixon (Dixon makes it over Cartwright after a good pre-season and the fact he can also play a little FB and is a good ST's player himself.)
WR (6): Michael Crabtree; Randy Moss; Mario Manningham; Ted Ginn Jr; Kyle Wiliams; A.J Jenkins (Most improved area on the team by far. Even our PS will be solid at WR. I hope we get both Osowu and Nathan Palmer on the PS)
TE (2); Vernon Davis; Delaine Walker; (Plus Dobbs can fill in as a blocking tight end. That is huge that Dobbs has show he can do the job as ablocking TE. Saves a roster spot)
O-Line (9): Joe Staley; Mike Iupati; Jonathan Goodwin; Alex Boone; Anthony Davis; Leonard Davis; Daniel Kilgore; Joe Looney; Mike Person (Good solid group. Good starters and some solid (young) backups with a solid veteran backup in Leonard Davis.
D-Line (7): Justin Smith, Issac Sopoaga; Ray McDonald; DeMarcus Dobbs; Ricky Jean-Francois; Will Tukafuku; Ian Williams (The first six are set in stone. The question is does Ian Wiliams make the team? I think he does because with Soaps becoming an UFA after this season, he could potentially be a starter or at least competing for the starting NT job next year. He has shown good progress. I really like Dobbs versatility along the D-Line.
LB's (7)- Aldon Smith; Ahmad Brooks; Patrick Willis; NaVorro Bowman; Larry Grant; Tavarris Gooden; Parys Haralson (Once again the team goes with only Three OLB's. Alama- Francis has played well in the two exhibition games with the 49ers and might be worth keeping around or could be brought back later. Bakhtiari has had a good pre-season but I don't think he is good enough to make THIS team.
DB's (9)- Carlos Rogers; Tarrell Brown; Chris Culliver; Perrish Cox; Tremaine Brock; Dashon Goldson; Donte Whitner; C.J Spillman; Darcell McBath (Really, really tough calls here. Trenton Robinson could very easily make the team but I think the 49ers will gamble a bit and try to get him onto their PS. I think McBath has earned the right to make the team. I could be wrong. Colin Jones could or could not make the team. He has great ST's value but really no position value. So it will be a tough call. I think Brock surives, barely but he could end up getting cut and Trenton Robinson makes the team. Some really tough choices here. If we cut Ian Williams than certainly I think Trenton Robinson and McBath make the team. If only keep 3 QB's then both guys make the team as well.
ST's (3)- David Akers; Andy Lee; Brian Jennings
Nice analysis. I agree with most of it.
But I disagree with the QB analysis. I see Tolzien getting cut, but clearing waivers and going to the PS. Not a popular move, but a necessary one.
I think they keep 4 OLB, and its gonna be either Bakhtiari or Alama-Francis. Alama-Francis has been impressive, as you point out, and has much more upside. I'd keep him over Bakhtiari, but Bakhtiari might make it based on his special teams contributions.
I agree with your assessment on Ian Williams, as well. He has looked really good, and I don't think he'd clear waivers. Both Soap and Jean-Francois are FA after this year, so I think they'd like to keep Ian around.
Finally, I think they keep Robinson over McBath b/c he's better in coverage and they really don't need him for run support.
Colin Jones is a favorite on ST, but if he stays, who goes? Maybe they surprise us and groom someone else as a long snapper (Dobbs? Takuafu? Sopoaga? Willis?? VD??? lol) and keep him instead of Jennings??? Frankly, I'm a little surprised they haven't tried someone else out at long snapper, given Jennings' age. Maybe Kilgore could do it and take Jennings spot on special teams?
[ Edited by oldninerdude on Aug 31, 2012 at 9:58 AM ]
Aug 31, 2012 at 11:12 AM
- ImaMod
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,482