LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
After reading the t**ts about what Roman and Baalke said about Dixon its pretty obvious he won the roster spot over Cartwright which im fine with. Dixon is a younger and bigger Cartwright anyway.

You read t**ts?

Fixed, BTW.

Younger and Bigger Dix are always good
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
After reading the t**ts about what Roman and Baalke said about Dixon its pretty obvious he won the roster spot over Cartwright which im fine with. Dixon is a younger and bigger Cartwright anyway.

You read t**ts?

Fixed, BTW.

But can they also read t**ts? That's the ultimate combo.

You read t**ts?

Fixed, BTW.

Not if they have trouble finding the hole.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Not if they have trouble finding the hole.

That's basically what I said, only with different words and meaning.
Originally posted by prometheus:
The niners are sitting pretty nifty with runningbacks and QB's. Detroit is desperate and maybe we can trade LMJ who hasn't blown us away for a first or swap firsts and a second. If we did we could keep Dixon and have Jewel Hampton later if needed. I am pretty sure some QB starters are going down just because I think defenses are better then most OLs. I do think our qbs are on a par with most backups so should get some value.

We're stacked now, but we could be pretty thin in a year or two. Gore's gonna be gone and so will Jacobs (30 this year). That would leave Hunter and Dixon if we let LMJ go. The way Harbs wants to pound the rock, I think we will always care 3 very capable backs.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
49ers re-sign DL Matthew Masifilo, who was cut Monday. They waive C Chase Beeler.
[ Edited by THEB on Aug 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM ]
The niners are sitting pretty nifty with runningbacks and QB's. Detroit is desperate and maybe we can trade LMJ who hasn't blown us away for a first or swap firsts and a second. If we did we could keep Dixon and have Jewel Hampton later if needed. I am pretty sure some QB starters are going down just because I think defenses are better then most OLs. I do think our qbs are on a par with most backups so should get some value.

No way would any team give up a first or even a second right now for James.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

No way would any team give up a first or even a second right now for James.

Not sure anyone would give a 1st or 2nd, but why would we want to all of a sudden give up on James? He has tons of potential to be a dynamic returner in the future. He and Hunter in the backfield also will give Defensive Coordinators nightmares. Future offense of Crabtree, Jenkins, Manningham(Yes I hope he stays past 2013), Hunter, James, MIller and Vernon will be a nightmare for defenses.

Then if our OL finally pans out, the future would be these guys, Staley at LT, but he will be getting up there in a few years and isn't the greatest LT, but is a damn good one, Iupati has a huge future at LG as a pro bowl and all pro, Boone will be a fine RG, Anthony Davis should pan out into a good RT and Center will hopefully be Kilgore.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Gore will start to get fazed out of the lineup. It'll be Hunter and James as our future backs, probably starting next year.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Gore will start to get fazed out of the lineup. It'll be Hunter and James as our future backs, probably starting next year.

I love Gore, respect his game and am thankful for everything he's done for the 49ers but Hunter in my opinion, is very close to being as good of a starter as gore is.

• THEB
  • Veteran
I love Gore, respect his game and am thankful for everything he's done for the 49ers but Hunter in my opinion, is very close to being as good of a starter as gore is.

The problem with this statement is that Hunter is at the beginning of his career and is just starting to play like Gore, who is heading towards the end of his career.
Originally posted by THEB:

The problem with this statement is that Hunter is at the beginning of his career and is just starting to play like Gore, who is heading towards the end of his career.

Gore is still one of the best RB's in the league right now, for hunter to be even close to that in the beginning of his career is a great thing.
The only problem this statement could have is it could be giving hunter too much credit.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Its like comparing Joe Montana to Steve Young. Steve was great but you would still rather have Joe.
gore will play until he gets the record + some yards....after that his reps will be cut a lot
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
gore will play until he gets the record + some yards....after that his reps will be cut a lot

What record?
Share 49ersWebzone