There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
i love that we are debating who the 5TH CB will be. Shows how talented and deep the defense is.

I think CB is one of the most important positions to have depth at. 1 or 2 injuries and our '5th' CB will be on the field every down for our Defense.

I think Cully will step up as the best CB on our squad this year, not even s**tting.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by English:
still got 500 threads

whats the difference between this and the turk thread

No Turks.


Armenian?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I wouldve cut Brock after he gave up that TD in the NFCCG. That way we could have had someone in camp actually worth a s**t. I'm worried that dude might actually make the team.

What team has a 5th corner that can keep Eli manning from throwing a TD in that situation?
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I wouldve cut Brock after he gave up that TD in the NFCCG. That way we could have had someone in camp actually worth a s**t. I'm worried that dude might actually make the team.

What team has a 5th corner that can keep Eli manning from throwing a TD in that situation?

He was the 4th corner last year, and he was stepping in as the 3rd corner, because Goldson destroyed Brown. A 3rd (or even 4th) corner should be able to cover a 3rd WR (Manningham was playing behind Nicks and Cruz).
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I wouldve cut Brock after he gave up that TD in the NFCCG. That way we could have had someone in camp actually worth a s**t. I'm worried that dude might actually make the team.

What team has a 5th corner that can keep Eli manning from throwing a TD in that situation?

He was the 4th corner last year, and he was stepping in as the 3rd corner, because Goldson destroyed Brown. A 3rd (or even 4th) corner should be able to cover a 3rd WR (Manningham was playing behind Nicks and Cruz).

And it isnt like he got beat 1 on 1 and Manningham and Eli made a really good play. Brock gave him a good 3 yard cushion all the way into the endzone, and manningham just cut right at the goaline and brock wasn't even close to being in position. I have never liked his cover abilities.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
He was the 4th corner last year, and he was stepping in as the 3rd corner, because Goldson destroyed Brown. A 3rd (or even 4th) corner should be able to cover a 3rd WR (Manningham was playing behind Nicks and Cruz).

Nobody off waivers is going to be any more reliable in that situation.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
He was the 4th corner last year, and he was stepping in as the 3rd corner, because Goldson destroyed Brown. A 3rd (or even 4th) corner should be able to cover a 3rd WR (Manningham was playing behind Nicks and Cruz).

Nobody off waivers is going to be any more reliable in that situation.

never know........
I was field level at the game against the Broncos and focused on Brock quite a bit, he will get abused by good QBs in coverage but he was making a ton of plays on specials teams and that may be deemed more important for a 5th CB at this point.

But overall the game was treated like practice... it was hard to find a Niner starter paying attention on the sideline and even the field at times. Looked like the team was just trying to get a couple reps in and then get out of the stadium with limited injuries.
Originally posted by 5280High:
I was field level at the game against the Broncos and focused on Brock quite a bit, he will get abused by good QBs in coverage but he was making a ton of plays on specials teams and that may be deemed more important for a 5th CB at this point.

But overall the game was treated like practice... it was hard to find a Niner starter paying attention on the sideline and even the field at times. Looked like the team was just trying to get a couple reps in and then get out of the stadium with limited injuries.

Sounds like preseason to me.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,750
Thanks for updating the OP Oscar. Ive been at work all day

One of our starting receivers in the NFCCG is being cut...and people say we had no injuries
[ Edited by THEB on Aug 27, 2012 at 11:09 PM ]
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I wouldve cut Brock after he gave up that TD in the NFCCG. That way we could have had someone in camp actually worth a s**t. I'm worried that dude might actually make the team.

What team has a 5th corner that can keep Eli manning from throwing a TD in that situation?


good point, Brock is having a bad preseason but was pretty solid last year when given the opportunity.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Just waiting for Dixon and Brock to get their papers. Something tells me they might stick until the final pre-season game. We need the camp bodies.

douple derp....
The niners are sitting pretty nifty with runningbacks and QB's. Detroit is desperate and maybe we can trade LMJ who hasn't blown us away for a first or swap firsts and a second. If we did we could keep Dixon and have Jewel Hampton later if needed. I am pretty sure some QB starters are going down just because I think defenses are better then most OLs. I do think our qbs are on a par with most backups so should get some value.
After reading the t**ts about what Roman and Baalke said about Dixon its pretty obvious he won the roster spot over Cartwright which im fine with. Dixon is a younger Cartwright anyway.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
After reading the t**ts about what Roman and Baalke said about Dixon its pretty obvious he won the roster spot over Cartwright which im fine with. Dixon is a younger and bigger Cartwright anyway.

You read t**ts?

Fixed, BTW.