LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
TE/DL Demarcus Dobbs on crutches with left leg wrapped.
https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/240210004865589248

He has 2 weeks to recover before the season starts. Either way I expect us to keep Reuland and don't expect Dobbs to be getting much playing time right away anyways. Maybe against easier teams and blowouts we see him at DE or maybe even TE but I don't know if we see him get much time against GB, DET off the bat. Maybe this is why we didn't cut celek. Expect major time from Reuland and him in game 4.
What is his actual position now? I thought he did great at DE....not sure why we are moving him.
Originally posted by jreff22:
What is his actual position now? I thought he did great at DE....not sure why we are moving him.

Well, let's say Reuland gets cut and isn't the 3rd TE.... Dobbs would probably be officially listed at 3rd TE but would be backup DE as well. He would probably get relief time or time during blowouts at DE but if we don't keep Reuland he will have to spend more time blocking on O then playing DE. Doubt we have him going out for passes much. I still think we go with Reuland at 3rd TE and Dobbs plays backup DE and emergency TE. He seems too good to just let go of... offense needs all the help he can get and he is a legit receiving threat at 3rd TE where Dobbs is just a blocker.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM ]
We had better not cut Dobbs for Reuland. I'd f**king riot
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

We wouldn't Dobbs would still be kept as DE/emergency TE

justin, isaac, ray, rjf, will, demarcus, ian
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 27, 2012 at 4:26 PM ]

We wouldn't Dobbs would still be kept as DE/emergency TE

justin, isaac, ray, rjf, will, demarcus, ian

Oh ok

*puts down Molotov cocktail*
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
But wouldn't cutting these players now allow another team to grab one of them and then try to stash him on their PS? If we had any intention of keeping them on our PS I don't think we could cut them today. Surprised the team didn't think highly enough of Tymes to even try to get him onto the practice squad if Palmer and/or Owusu don't pass through waivers.

You can't make a waiver claim to place a guy on your PS... has to be active roster.
I'm aware of that. I was saying that a team could pick him up and then cut him again on Friday so they could out him on the PS if he passes waivers.

How would this give a team any advantage in signing him to the PS? (Unless I am wrong again...) You can sign a cut player from any team to your PS if they have cleared waivers, so the only advantage I could think of is scouting him out for a couple of days before final cutdowns. With his familiarity w/players and coaches, and all of the short-term contracts at WR for the 49ers (and the injury history at the position), I would think he would view SF as a good place to sign onto a PS, if they want him.
Oh ok

*puts down Molotov cocktail*

ordered one of those at a bar once. no one was amused
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Aug 27, 2012 at 4:36 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
TE/DL Demarcus Dobbs on crutches with left leg wrapped.
https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/240210004865589248

He has 2 weeks to recover before the season starts. Either way I expect us to keep Reuland and don't expect Dobbs to be getting much playing time right away anyways. Maybe against easier teams and blowouts we see him at DE or maybe even TE but I don't know if we see him get much time against GB, DET off the bat. Maybe this is why we didn't cut celek. Expect major time from Reuland and him in game 4.

I didn't know he was injured. Anyone know the details?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I didn't know he was injured. Anyone know the details?

It was just put up... I don't recall him getting injured in the game unless he was hiding it. Might not be a big deal but either way he has 2 weeks to heal before the season so he shouldnt be out too long.
How would this give a team any advantage in signing him to the PS? (Unless I am wrong again...) You can sign a cut player from any team to your PS if they have cleared waivers, so the only advantage I could think of is scouting him out for a couple of days before final cutdowns. With his familiarity w/players and coaches, and all of the short-term contracts at WR for the 49ers (and the injury history at the position), I would think he would view SF as a good place to sign onto a PS, if they want him.

If a team signs a practice squad player from another team then they have to keep that player on their 53 man roster for the whole season.

Originally posted by btthepunk:

If a team signs a practice squad player from another team then they have to keep that player on their 53 man roster for the whole season.

only if they are already signed on the PS. If they are unafiliated w/any team, as Tyms currently is, they can sign to any team's PS. If a team signs him to their 75-man roster today and cuts him on Friday, they cannot immediately place him on the PS. He must still clear waivers, upon which he would again be available to sign onto the PS of any interested team.

only if they are already signed on the PS. If they are unafiliated w/any team, as Tyms currently is, they can sign to any team's PS. If a team signs him to their 75-man roster today and cuts him on Friday, they cannot immediately place him on the PS. He must still clear waivers, upon which he would again be available to sign onto the PS of any interested team.

Yep.
My bad, I thought you had said you could sign a player from another PS to your PS.
<Checks list>
<No tremaine brock listed>

f**k this list

Yep.
My bad, I thought you had said you could sign a player from another PS to your PS.

It's cool . I was sh*tting all over myself on the last page (should have a smiley for that)
  • cools
  • Veteran
I doubt anyone that cut today is headed for our PS, why give other teams the extra time to scout/sign em

Slowey was a bit of a surprise, I didnt think he'd make the 53, but thought for sure he'd be a PS target

But your probably only going to keep one C on the PS, and Beeler may be that guy

Dobbs is a lock
Dixon vs.Cartwight has got a little tighter
I could see McBath taking Jones's spot, McBath can play CB or S, along with being a ST stud
Share 49ersWebzone