There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/08/27/49ers-make-a-dozen-cuts-roster-down-to-75/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

according to Cam Inman, teams can't make waiver claims on roster cuts until the day after final cutdown. If that's the case, guys cut today will be spinning in the breeze until SEP 1.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
But wouldn't cutting these players now allow another team to grab one of them and then try to stash him on their PS? If we had any intention of keeping them on our PS I don't think we could cut them today. Surprised the team didn't think highly enough of Tymes to even try to get him onto the practice squad if Palmer and/or Owusu don't pass through waivers.

You can't make a waiver claim to place a guy on your PS... has to be active roster.
I'm aware of that. I was saying that a team could pick him up and then cut him again on Friday so they could out him on the PS if he passes waivers.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/08/27/49ers-make-a-dozen-cuts-roster-down-to-75/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

according to Cam Inman, teams can't make waiver claims on roster cuts until the day after final cutdown. If that's the case, guys cut today will be spinning in the breeze until SEP 1.

Where does he say this? Read the article and he only refers to those players cut during the final waive. Nothing about the cuts made today.
Not correct, the Steelers claimed a player cut yesterday, DuJan Harris, a RB. Once a player is cut, it's usually 24 hour waiver period.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I think Tom Brady would object to this.

Well lightning does strike every once in awhile. Note that I said USUALLY, acknowledging the exceptions.

Tony Romo didn't even get drafted not that he is that great but still good enough to have gone in the late rounds.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Slowey got hurt early on this offseason and was behind the eight ball from the get go.
I think Leonard Davis took his roster spot on the line, Get hurt as a rookie and a vet will snatch it
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame

The Pats made a claim on a rookie WR today. Interesting...
Originally posted by Oscar:

The Pats made a claim on a rookie WR today. Interesting...

My mistake, then. I thought that was interesting, but I clearly just assumed that that would be the only round of claims if Cam didn't specifically indicate that today's cuts were open game
no surprises yet.
This is the "expected" cutdown, Slowey was a little bit of a surprise, but he was a round 6 flyer, so no real concern here, the next cut is the juicy one...I can't wait!
Just waiting for Dixon and Brock to get their papers. Something tells me they might stick until the final pre-season game. We need the camp bodies.
My mistake, then. I thought that was interesting, but I clearly just assumed that that would be the only round of claims if Cam didn't specifically indicate that today's cuts were open game

Who can keep up with the billion nfl rules? I've been following the NFL for like 20 years and I still feel like a newb when it comes to some of the rules (on and off the field). Every once in awhile you will have one come up and be like I didn't even know that existed?
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Just waiting for Dixon and Brock to get their papers. Something tells me they might stick until the final pre-season game. We need the camp bodies.

Who will be the 5th corner? Anthony Mosley?
Originally posted by DVDA:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Who will be the 5th corner? Anthony Mosley?

A dude who gets cut from another team.
TE/DL Demarcus Dobbs on crutches with left leg wrapped.
https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/240210004865589248

He has 2 weeks to recover before the season starts. Either way I expect us to keep Reuland and don't expect Dobbs to be getting much playing time right away anyways. Maybe against easier teams and blowouts we see him at DE or maybe even TE but I don't know if we see him get much time against GB, DET off the bat. Maybe this is why we didn't cut celek. Expect major time from Reuland and him in game 4.