There are 229 users in the forums

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Current Roster:

QB- 11 Alex Smith, 7 Colin Kaepernick, 3 Scott Tolzien and 1 Josh Johnson
RB- 21 Frank Gore, 32 Kendall Hunter, 45 Brandon Jacobs, 28 Rock Cartwright, 23 LaMichael James and 24 Anthony DIxon
FB- 49 Bruce Miller
WR- 15 Michael Crabtree, 84 Randy Moss, 82 Mario Manningham, 19 Ted Ginn Jr., 10 Kyle Williams, 17 A.J. Jenkins, 18 Brett Swain, 81 Chris Owusu and 89 Nathan Palmer
TE- 85 Vernon Davis, 46 Delanie Walker, 40 Demarcus Dobbs, 88 Konrad Reuland and 48 Garrett Celek
C- 59 Jonathan Goodwin, 67 Daniel Kilgore and 61 Chase Beeler
LG- 77 Mike Iupati and 66 Joe Looney
RG- 75 Alex Boone, 68 Leonard Davis and 71 Derek Hall
LT- 74 Joe Staley, 78 Mike Person and 65 Al Netter
RT- 76 Anthony Davis and 69 Kenny Wiggins
DE- 94 Justin Smith, 91 Ray McDonald, 92 Will Tukuafu and 63 Tony Jerod-Eddie
NT- 90 Isaac Sopoaga, 95 Ricky Jean Francis and 93 Ian Williams
OLB- 55 Ahmad Brooks, 99 Aldon Smith, 98 Parys Haralson, 44 Eric Bakhtiari, 47 Ikaika Alama-Francis and 50 Cam Johnson
ILB- 52 Patrick Willis, 53 NaVorro Bowman, 54 Larry Grant, 56 Tavares Gooden, 57 Michael Wilhoite and 51 Joe Holland
CB- 22 Carlos Rogers, 25 Tarell Brown, 20 Perrish Cox, 29 Chris Culliver, 26 Tramaine Brock and 33 Anthony Mosley
S- 38 Dashon Goldson, 31 Donte Whitner, 27 C.J. Spillman, 30 Trenton Robinson, 36 Michael Thomas, 32 Darcel McBath and 43 Colin Jones
PK- 2 David Akers
P- 4 Andy Lee
LS- 86 Brian Jennings and 47 Kyle Nelson

PUP- OLB 58 Darius Fleming
NFI- RB 33 Jewel Hampton
What about OLB Kenny Rowe?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
looking at this I could see Mosley beating out Brock

I thought Nelms would have the best shot but you are right maybe it's Mosley but the guy hasn't gotten much playing time at all so that's surprising he made the 1st round of cuts. Other than that I don't think we have any other CBs left with Purvis and Nelms gone to take his spot. Then again we could go with 4 CBs and have Robinson/CJ come in as an extra safety instead of extra DB like we did with Reggie Smith the past few years.
Brock has been pretty bad in coverage, but he has been great on special teams. I doubt Mosely takes his spot since, barring injury, the 5th CB usually only sees the field on coverage units. That gives Brock a big advantage.
Originally posted by Karma:
Brock has been pretty bad in coverage, but he has been great on special teams. I doubt Mosely takes his spot since, barring injury, the 5th CB usually only sees the field on coverage units. That gives Brock a big advantage.

Yeah, not too worried since the 5th CB wil probably be inactive most games anyways. Although, I think we should look into upgrading in next year's draft.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

This is a good point. I'm mad at you for making it.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Yep, he should on there. Had a great game yesterday with a sack and a stop behind the LOS. I was surprised when we cut him last year. Not sure he can make it with Bahktiari being the favorite but he should be PS eligible.
I love that Wiggins is still around. Draft status doesn't mean a lot to Harbaugh.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Joe Hastings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Beeler and Alma Francis have no chance of making the 53
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Brock will be cut and we will pick up another corner cut by some other team.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Yep, he should on there. Had a great game yesterday with a sack and a stop behind the LOS. I was surprised when we cut him last year. Not sure he can make it with Bahktiari being the favorite but he should be PS eligible.

Missed him, knew I would miss someone, lol

Yeah, not too worried since the 5th CB wil probably be inactive most games anyways. Although, I think we should look into upgrading in next year's draft.

Perhaps. The inactives for game day will probably be a tougher decision than the cuts! The 3rd QB and two backup OLs are usually there. After that, it is anyone's guess, although CBs and Safeties usually stay active since they are the main special teamers.
Slowey was waived, that surprised me.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Beeler and Alma Francis have no chance of making the 53

There is no cemented 4th OLB so I don't know how you have enough information to rule out the most experienced candidate already.
Originally posted by susweel:
Brock will be cut and we will pick up another corner cut by some other team.

That could definitely happen. This weekend will be an interesting time!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Slowey was waived, that surprised me.

Yup not a good sign when one your draft doesn't eve make it through the first round of cuts.

I know its very early but this years draft class is not looking very stellar.
Share 49ersWebzone