LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

WHY I AM NOT TRIPPIN... YET

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Real plays? Fake plays?
You know what, I agree with your premise. It really did look like Harbaugh got pissed off, so we finally called a play that we knew was gonna work. and BAM. worked to f**king perfection. looked like they just got pissed about the onside kick and harbaugh finally told alex to f**k it and use this one play. It really is an amazing play design... i kind of want to see it done on both sides. delanie and vd both run wheel routes with both outside receivers doing slants. good s**t.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012082651/2012/PRE3/49ers@broncos#menu=highlights&tab=recap
[ Edited by Method on Aug 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM ]
I love this thread title
You expect us to pull out our real offense in pre season?
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

He obviously doesn't expect that. Re-read.
Originally posted by Method:
You know what, I agree with your premise. It really did look like Harbaugh got pissed off, so we finally called a play that we knew was gonna work. and BAM. worked to f**king perfection. looked like they just got pissed about the onside kick and harbaugh finally told alex to f**k it and use this one play. It really is an amazing play design... i kind of want to see it done on both sides. delanie and vd both run wheel routes with both outside receivers doing slants. good s**t.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012082651/2012/PRE3/49ers@broncos#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Good post and I look forward to seeing this play drive teams nuts...until they over play it and wind up being killed by the slant...etc.
Originally posted by ninersbchamp:

My BIGGEST concern is our players confidence... playing so Vanilla and getting constantly beat is not good for our player's mental health.
"I don't want to say it's just the preseason because this is the time to get better," Brooks said. "This is the time you can really showcase what your team is capable of doing. It's been a scary start to this point."

No Game Plan...Loss of Confidence

I think being bland during the preseason is part of the game plan. I think Harbaugh kind of wants to try to get the team back into the "underdog" mentality again after all the hype from the media over the last year.

Look at last years pre season game against the saints and then look at the post season.
man it's like CSI Sanfransisco trying to figure out who killed our defense, and all that stuff...

we might be over thinking this here guys.

It does seem like they aren't really game planning...like they are just out there to play and getting used to hitting, and whatever else...

it will be interesting to watch in a couple weeks what happens....
I wasn't trippin' until I saw Patrick Willis slipping after getting turned around by McGahee, followed by the Goodwin and Alex fumble.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pyroglass:
Originally posted by ninersbchamp:

My BIGGEST concern is our players confidence... playing so Vanilla and getting constantly beat is not good for our player's mental health.
"I don't want to say it's just the preseason because this is the time to get better," Brooks said. "This is the time you can really showcase what your team is capable of doing. It's been a scary start to this point."

No Game Plan...Loss of Confidence

I think being bland during the preseason is part of the game plan. I think Harbaugh kind of wants to try to get the team back into the "underdog" mentality again after all the hype from the media over the last year.

Look at last years pre season game against the saints and then look at the post season.
not to mention the so called most important third game of the pre season. Just because that game is supposed to matter and does to some coaches it does not to our coach. A year ago we got blown out in that so called important game at home. the players do not lack confidence, we are not going to show all of our cards in pre season. I am sure the injured guys and lack of our normal lineup on the defensive side of things is a factor in pre season, who gives a s**t untill green bay. i have a worry about the offensive line play but i had that same worry last year. With a tougher scedule the offensive line can not wait untill 3/4 of the season to play well like they did last year. I got no worries about alex, i got no worried about kyle maybe returning punts on week one.every year people over react to pre season, if we play poorly some tend to moan and wail and slash thier wrists. please people
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
man it's like CSI Sanfransisco trying to figure out who killed our defense, and all that stuff...

we might be over thinking this here guys.

It does seem like they aren't really game planning...like they are just out there to play and getting used to hitting, and whatever else...

it will be interesting to watch in a couple weeks what happens....
we also do not do intensive film study in pre season like we do in the regular season. that is why i am sure the coach was more upset with lack of tackling sunday... in pre season i think you only worry about what you are doing and not so much about what other team or peyton manning will do. You control your things,, tackling and playing hard is something we can control,, we did not tackle well yesterday, we can control that and i bet you that is what the coach is upset with today. the above poster is right,, of course they are not game planning. its pre season. they are probably already looking at the packers film
Playing it vanilla = loss of confidence?

In the NFL, with high paid athletes that can't and won't happen. Eff that. If they lose confidence in preseason, GTFO. I'm not worried because it's effin preseason!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Playing it vanilla = loss of confidence?

In the NFL, with high paid athletes that can't and won't happen. Eff that. If they lose confidence in preseason, GTFO. I'm not worried because it's effin preseason!

yes sac.. I did not want to make fun of the posters opinion but yes,,,, our players do not suffer from lack of confidence just because we do not show our offensive playbook in game three of the pre season. they understand or should understand what pre season is all about. in fact most of them need to worry right now about making the roster and not what plays we are running, good post sac
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
I wasn't trippin' until I saw Patrick Willis slipping after getting turned around by McGahee, followed by the Goodwin and Alex fumble.

rather have it now and not in game one. the offensive line play must must be better in my opinion,, we are not elite
Share 49ersWebzone