There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kyle Williams Preseason 2012.

Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
Lol...hi haterzzzzzz...fantasy.....key word in real life s**t happens. He's playing for the san francisco 49ers werrr you at.

Translation please.
Lol. O.k. my point is the guy is on our team. In the nfl things go wrong. The good ones bounce back.... work hard and move forward. If he can do it I would think that us as fans should do the same...
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by susweel:
It amazes me how many of you so called fans love this pos that cost us a super bowl.

You waste an awful lot of energy hating people.

What's done is done.

man I didn't win hater of the year by being lazy.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
It amazes me how many of you so called fans love this pos that cost us a super bowl.

You waste an awful lot of energy hating people.

What's done is done.

man I didn't win hater of the year by being lazy.

biggie smalls
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
I think it will be Crabtree as the flanker or Z, with Moss/Maningham splitting time at the split end or X.

When we put 3 WR's out there, I think it will definately be Kyle Williams. Maningham doesn't really fit a slot reciever and Moss clearly doesn't.

Tedd Ginn will split time with Kyle Williams in the slot but I think that will be temporary. He can't stay healthy and IMO he is just an awful WR. AJ Jenkins will probably over take him as the season goes on as the competition for the slot position with Kyle Williams.

I'd guess Owusu ends up on the practice squad.

I don't think we can really go with less then 6 WRs on the main squad because of Ginn's injury history, and right now he is probably too valuable as a returnman to leave off the roster.

My prediction on KW's numbers is 500 yards and 5 TDs.

Manningham has been a slot guy his entire career. Ginn has never been a slot guy

lol, Cruz played slot last year, Maningham played split end.

Don't know what football you were watching...

pretty sure MM said early in the year that w/3 WR, they had been using Crab in the slot. I still like KW in that spot, though.

Yeah,

"The Sacramento Bee suggests Michael Crabtree could see increased action at slot receiver following the 49ers' offseason additions of Randy Moss and Mario Manningham.

Moss and Manningham are outside receivers only, and the Niners believe Crabtree is physical and quick enough to get open in the slot. If the design holds, Crabtree would play a Miles Austin-like role in San Francisco, lining up at flanker or split end in the base offense and kicking inside to the slot on passing downs. That way, the 49ers could get their best three receivers on the field most often. It would be a plus for Crabtree in PPR leagues."

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/5135/michael-crabtree

I bolded the key parts to the discussion. That the opinion is Moss/Maningham will not be playing slot, only flanker or split end. Last year, Crabtree was playing almost exclusively at flanker. Moss probably won't be in most of the snaps of the game so most of the times it will be Crabs/Maningham out there.

I bolded that Crabs could play slot, because it was just MM speculating on March 18.

From what I've read, a lot of the speculation on Crabs or Maningham playing slot is because people are assuming Moss will be a regular in 3-wide sets. I personally doubt that, I think Moss will be pretty limited in rotation and will be subbing Manningham most of the time. IMO you want a regular slot reciever as the QB-WR chemistry between slot wr and qb is absoloutely critical that they are making the same reads every time as so many of those routes are split second decisions on the coverage. I know outside WRs still do this, but its even more critical for a slot.

Sport's Illustrated said on that Moss will only play 20-25 plays. Now maybe all 20-25 are in 3-wide sets, I don't know, we will have to see. I'm also curios to see if when Moss comes in he moves to flanker, Crabs moves to split end (this would put Moss on the side of Vernon Davis in the lineup, seems to create more pressure on the safety?).
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 29, 2012 at 9:40 AM ]
KW will be on NFL Countdown on Sunday morning, talking about the NFCCG
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Sus is gonna love this.
Yeah,

"The Sacramento Bee suggests Michael Crabtree could see increased action at slot receiver following the 49ers' offseason additions of Randy Moss and Mario Manningham.

Moss and Manningham are outside receivers only, and the Niners believe Crabtree is physical and quick enough to get open in the slot. If the design holds, Crabtree would play a Miles Austin-like role in San Francisco, lining up at flanker or split end in the base offense and kicking inside to the slot on passing downs. That way, the 49ers could get their best three receivers on the field most often. It would be a plus for Crabtree in PPR leagues."

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/5135/michael-crabtree

I bolded the key parts to the discussion. That the opinion is Moss/Maningham will not be playing slot, only flanker or split end. Last year, Crabtree was playing almost exclusively at flanker. Moss probably won't be in most of the snaps of the game so most of the times it will be Crabs/Maningham out there.

I bolded that Crabs could play slot, because it was just MM speculating on March 18.

From what I've read, a lot of the speculation on Crabs or Maningham playing slot is because people are assuming Moss will be a regular in 3-wide sets. I personally doubt that, I think Moss will be pretty limited in rotation and will be subbing Manningham most of the time. IMO you want a regular slot reciever as the QB-WR chemistry between slot wr and qb is absoloutely critical that they are making the same reads every time as so many of those routes are split second decisions on the coverage. I know outside WRs still do this, but its even more critical for a slot.

Sport's Illustrated said on that Moss will only play 20-25 plays. Now maybe all 20-25 are in 3-wide sets, I don't know, we will have to see. I'm also curios to see if when Moss comes in he moves to flanker, Crabs moves to split end (this would put Moss on the side of Vernon Davis in the lineup, seems to create more pressure on the safety?).

from watching back in the days even Rice lined up or motioned into the slot..so anything is possible to create mismatches on the defense
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:

Sus is gonna love this.

I dont watch the pre game shows anyways, and I will make sure I wont watch that one.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:

Sus is gonna love this.

I dont watch the pre game shows anyways, and I will make sure I wont watch that one.

This
i can't wait till he muffs a punt. Just so that you two have heart attacks in your living room.
i can't wait till he muffs a punt. Just so that you two have heart attacks in your living room.

not gonna have heart attacks, just gonna say told you so.
My question is this:

If Kyle Williams has another game deciding fumble retuning kicks this weekend against GB do the 49ers finally get rid of him?