Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
2004 lol

yah seriously lol
Originally posted by 20halfbackcurlXup:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
I still remember watching that play live, that was exciting.

How about that was our recently retired Bryant Young's first game, we had Jerry Rice and John Taylor as our WR and Brent Jones was our TE. Talk about stacked there. Eric Davis was still our CB. Our offensive coordinator was Mike Shannahan.

our defensive coordinator was pete carrol

Actually, our DC in 1994 was Ray Rhodes
Not getting into a "who's better" debate, but man did I ever like watching Ricky Watters. He seemed so much more athletic than guys like Emmitt Smith. Don't get me wrong, Smith and Sanders and guys like that were some of the best backs ever, but Watters looked so fast running outside and so good catching passes as well as hitting the holes.
At the 1:35:00 mark it is very interesting hearing them talk about the Niners NOT in on Deion Sanders anymore!

I have had this on while doing paperwork and thoroughly enjoying having it as background noise. Thanks to the OP
Yet another observation...how the heck did Young last as long as he did? He gets hit on every play, and most of them are hard. To compare him to Vick, who takes all the same hits Young did, I can definitely understand why Vick never finishes a season.
I have framed ticket package for that season. My Dad's seat. My brother and I never used his seat. Then we got Jerry to sign that game's ticket at a sports memorbelia show in San Jose. My friend had a booth right next to where Jerry was, Joy of Hockey, and he got us in to get the ticket signed. Wonder what that page of tickets is worth?
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Yet another observation...how the heck did Young last as long as he did? He gets hit on every play, and most of them are hard. To compare him to Vick, who takes all the same hits Young did, I can definitely understand why Vick never finishes a season.

Because Young wasn't a vagina like Vick
the pants! they're NOT YELLOW!
Bill Walsh is our father in many ways.

Everything good and yet silly graced Bill.

I grew up in San Francisco and my father and my friends would walk and play and run up "the hill" Rice is so famed for training on, long before he became what he will always be.

I can tell you this. No one human could do what he did on that mountain.

Rice, Montana, Young, Craig, Taylor....were castoffs to the "wise."

NEVER STOP BELIEVING IN YOURSELF.

It is what Walsh, Rice, and they showed us real time.

PURE FRICKIN HEART.

PURRO AMORE.

Now that I am becoming old.

I remember the smell, and the feel of that dirt and rock on that hill.

I had no clue as a child the great Jerry Rice would also run up it like I did as a child.

Yet, I felt it.

We are 9ers.

All of you are 9ers!

Lets go!

Lets reclaim our trophy that belongs to us!
Man did Steve Young have an arm, some of his throws went just straight on a line for 20 yards.
Glad I never threw this VHS tape away. I'm glad you are all enjoying the memories. When I started watching the NFL the 49ers were already great so I kind of took it for granted. Going through all my old tapes, I forgot how easy they made it look.

****AND****

For all of those who remember being at this game - I HATE YOU ALL. (not really, I'm just insanely jealous) I've been to 3 49ers games in my life - 2 in Cleveland and 1 in Buffalo. We lost all three. Not fair.
[ Edited by trb77iii on Aug 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM ]
Originally posted by bigmur49:

I was just thinking this last night after watching the 49ers vs Bills in 1992 on youtube. I think young was hit on nearly every pass he threw. But goddamn that was an incredible offensive display that game, west coast ran for perfection to the tune of 598 yards of offense. Yet the 49ers still lost because Mike Cofer sucked balls.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I was just thinking this last night after watching the 49ers vs Bills in 1992 on youtube. I think young was hit on nearly every pass he threw. But goddamn that was an incredible offensive display that game, west coast ran for perfection to the tune of 598 yards of offense. Yet the 49ers still lost because Mike Cofer sucked balls.

Who misses an extra point in the Super Bowl???????
Share 49ersWebzone