LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 185 users in the forums

Jerry Rice breaks the record (one of them) - Entire Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Finally downloaded. Took forever.

I would put this on a private link, otherwise it will probably get yanked down.
Originally posted by trb77iii:
Finally downloaded. Took forever.

damn nice

i remember rushing home from a camping trip to make sure we made kickoff.

The whole way back everyone was representing the niners and excited about that record.
If I was watching today's 49ers on that first 3&8 I would have instinctively said "f**k, incompletion". And then Jerry lets you forget that play with a deep burn for a touch down. Jerry was a master.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
If I was watching today's 49ers on that first 3&8 I would have instinctively said "f**k, incompletion". And then Jerry lets you forget that play with a deep burn for a touch down. Jerry was a master.

I miss that so much. Such a perfect pass by Young. Jerry didn't even have to break stride.
I still remember watching that play live, that was exciting.

How about that was our recently retired Bryant Young's first game, we had Jerry Rice and John Taylor as our WR and Brent Jones was our TE. Talk about stacked there. Eric Davis was still our CB. Our offensive coordinator was Mike Shannahan.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
it's gonna get taken down. u need to name it something inconspicuous like sfvoak
Nice! I got me some time to kill.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran

The other thing I remember about that game was the Napoleon McCallum injury
[ Edited by MarkD on Aug 24, 2012 at 6:59 AM ]
I still have this game on VHS tape, need to get it converted to digital

How the heck did the Raiders let him score that TD? The announcers were saying "obviously they want to get the record" how did the CB and Safeties not look at the scoreboard and know it was going to Rice? Plus it was like a 40 yard bomb down the middle of the field and there was one guy covering him.

Haven't seen that play since I watched ti live on TV and holy cow that was bad coverage.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
I still remember watching that play live, that was exciting.

How about that was our recently retired Bryant Young's first game, we had Jerry Rice and John Taylor as our WR and Brent Jones was our TE. Talk about stacked there. Eric Davis was still our CB. Our offensive coordinator was Mike Shannahan.

our defensive coordinator was pete carrol
this is awesome
Originally posted by bigmur49:
How the heck did the Raiders let him score that TD? The announcers were saying "obviously they want to get the record" how did the CB and Safeties not look at the scoreboard and know it was going to Rice? Plus it was like a 40 yard bomb down the middle of the field and there was one guy covering him.

Haven't seen that play since I watched ti live on TV and holy cow that was bad coverage.

i cant remember where i read it, but there was an interview with Rice. he was asked by a reporter, something to the effect of, "Jerry, most star players have to handle being doubled teamed, but you get triple teamed. how do you handle that and how are you sucesseful at it?".

Jerry replied, "beat the first off the line, run the play on the second, and take the ball from the third."

its amazing, but that single play sums up his entire career. gotta love it.
2004 lol
Share 49ersWebzone