LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Current 49ers most likely to make Hall of Fame

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
I wish long snappers could get into the HOF cause Brian Jennings is the MAN!!!!

David Binn > Brian Jennings (just because I know him...haha)

haha Jennings could play until he's like 45. He should get a 5 year extension! Do you know any long snappers that get 5 year extensions?! HA
Unfortunately, if Ray guy isn't in they won't put Andy Lee in.

They need some fresh blood in that selection committee. There are a lot of deserving players who aren't in the Hall.

Moss - signed, sealed & delivered
Willis - if he keeps playing at his current level - first ballot for sure
VD - he'll need some breakout seasons and put up some stats w/ a SBowl
JSmith - If he has a few more years like last year - then YES! But f we don't win the big one then probably not. He's my favorite player on the team and has been over-looked WAY to long. Howie Long always gives him big props.
Gore - tough call.

The others have the potential BUT need time to establish a track record.
Gore IMO is one of those players that "will eventually" get in to the HOF.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Honestly, I am so sick of the SB argument for Hall of Famers. I am being 100% honest that this has NOTHING to do with it being Alex Smith. Its just that for Hall of Famers, you need to have an impressive list of INDIVIDUAL accomplishments to be considered a Hall of Famer.

Like when people bring up Ben Roethlisberger as a future Hall of Famer, I find that absurd. Just because he has two rings, doesnt outweigh the fact that aside from ONE Pro Bowl appearance, Ben's resume of personal accomplishments is a blank piece of paper.

The SB is the only reason that Namath is in the HOF. The Jets winning the SB in 69, directly led to the AFL NFL merger.
Namaths career stats are not very impressive, Brodie has comparable if not better stats.

Again, I strongly disagree that the SB is the only reason that Namath is in the Hall of Fame. When you look at his individual accomplishments from both the AFL and NFL (which according to the agreement of the merger say that stats, history, records and awards would be included in the "new" NFL), they are more than enough to merit HOF consideration and induction.

Take a look:

6x All Star/Probowler
5x All Pro/All AFL
2x MVP
2x Player of the Year

I know that Joe's one Superbowl is often what people remember over anything else, but I cant even come close to cosigning your opinion that the Superbowl is the only reason Namath is in the HOF. His list of personal achievements and accolades are more than enough to put him in the HOF.

He dragged the AFL on his back to the merger... he was almost the face of the league. That's why..

Namath Stats:

173 TDs
220 Ints
27K yards
65 rating

Hardly HOF credentials..

John Brodie Stats:

214 TDs
224 Ints
31K Yds
72.3 rating
What? Nammath had a few good years, most of the time he was injured and ineffective. That Super Bowl upset in 1969 is what made him a Hall of Famer. As us older guys realize the NFL progressively changed the rules to favor the offense after the merger. Brodie's numbers were better and put up way earlier than Nammath's, he is more accomplished than Joe and isn't in the Hall of Fame.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Corrected: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?player_id=262

Lol at the raiders using 1st rounders on punters
Honestly, I am so sick of the SB argument for Hall of Famers. I am being 100% honest that this has NOTHING to do with it being Alex Smith. Its just that for Hall of Famers, you need to have an impressive list of INDIVIDUAL accomplishments to be considered a Hall of Famer.

Like when people bring up Ben Roethlisberger as a future Hall of Famer, I find that absurd. Just because he has two rings, doesnt outweigh the fact that aside from ONE Pro Bowl appearance, Ben's resume of personal accomplishments is a blank piece of paper.

Not according to the cops
Originally posted by niners420:
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
VD will break every TE record there is by the time hes done so i think he'll be in there. gore is great but there are just way too many backs who have done more. j Smith will make it if he plays a couple more years. Willis is the most sure fire one. moss was kind of a douche so maybe he gets the charles haley treatment.

thats a little much considering Gronk has already done that and hes only 23....

Gronk nearly had more TDs last year than Vernon Davis in his career :////

ITT 17 is nearly more than 35.

Plus it should be factored in that Gronk play with Brady. Vernon had 13 one year, not only with an unsettled situation at QB, but with Jimmy Raye and Mike Singletary's offense Imagine if Vern got to play with Brady...
lets see what he does this year with harbaugh and smitty in year two. i have a feeling hes gonna have a monster year this year with moss helping him out with the safeties
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Justin Smith and Patrick Willis will get in for sure. Im not counting Randy Moss because he was a sure in before he was on our roster.
Originally posted by THEB:
Justin Smith and Patrick Willis will get in for sure. Im not counting Randy Moss because he was a sure in before he was on our roster.

Haha Justin Smith is definitely NOT for sure.

Yeah, I think THEB doesn't appreciate how hard it is to make the HOF. If Justin continues his pace for another 3-4 years, then he's got a good chance. Even then, nothing is FOR SURE

• Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Yeah, I think THEB doesn't appreciate how hard it is to make the HOF. If Justin continues his pace for another 3-4 years, then he's got a good chance. Even then, nothing is FOR SURE

Agreed. I love Justin Smith, but he didn't make the probowl until he got here. He'll need a few more huge years just to be considered.
Kyle Williams will make the Hall of Fame as a New York Giant for all his contributions. Also Anthony Dixon will make the ballet hall of fame for all his dancing he does in the back field.
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
Kyle Williams will make the Hall of Fame as a New York Giant for all his contributions. Also Anthony Dixon will make the ballet hall of fame for all his dancing he does in the back field.

Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Andy Lee

correct me if im wrong, no punter or kicker have made the HOF

I would say Willis, J. Smith ... Aldon Smith (assuming consistant Production)

Vernon Davis could do it if he start putting up numbers he did 2 years ago consistantly.

Frank Gore if he plays 2-3 more years and maybe wins a ring or two.

Bowman (same as Aldon)

Mike Iupati too... if he continues growth and stays healthy

i think the raider kicker or punter(dont remember position) is in the hall of fame.
Originally posted by teylo31:
i think the raider kicker or punter(dont remember position) is in the hall of fame.

Ray Guy (only punter drafted in the 1st round).....and an old schooled kicker Jan Stienarud(sp?) HOFers
Share 49ersWebzone