There are 158 users in the forums

will C. Rogers return to his old form?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For some reason I think he might go back to his redskins days of stone hands. he had a career year last year and it will be pretty hard for him to have back to back pro bowl years. I hope im wrong, just throwing it out there.
What makes you say this?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I think it all depends on how hard he has trained during the offseason. He is a year older and it's tough to duplicate his production if he isn't training as hard. His position is very demanding so he has to be in top shape.
one year wonder
oops double post
[ Edited by 16to87 on Aug 22, 2012 at 5:36 AM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Im just glad he's playing for us
I hope so. We paid him quite a bit of money!
He'll be fine. Rumor has it, he had stone hands because his contacts were the wrong prescription and couldn't accurately see the ball (I'd normally say that's a farce, but this is the Redskins we're talking about here). Plus, the contacts issue is the only way to explain his spike in production.

And regardless of hands, he's always been a good cover corner. That's been a mainstay of his career. He has no room to drop off because Culliver and company are chomping at the bit.
He will do fine once our pass rushers get healthy

the top shelf QBs hes facing early are going to test him see where hes at. If he ant up to it they'll keep going to him, they do know he cant cover option routes because of what Cruz and Manning did to him in the NFCC game. So we'll see. If Rodgers can get a few going against him and this being a copy cat league then he's going to be busy early on.
Why is there all of this talk about how the 49ers can't repeat this or its going to be hard to replicate that??? I don't hear this same type of talk about NO, GB, NY, Pit, or Bal. I don't understand it. Injuries are part of the game and we are at no more risk than any other franchise yet we seem to be the only club that can't sustain success from the season before. Its starting to piss me off.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
the top shelf QBs hes facing early are going to test him see where hes at. If he ant up to it they'll keep going to him, they do know he cant cover option routes because of what Cruz and Manning did to him in the NFCC game. So we'll see. If Rodgers can get a few going against him and this being a copy cat league then he's going to be busy early on.

Our front seven will test them also just like they did brees. We will be fine as will Carlos. He shut Cruz down after half time
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 22, 2012 at 6:32 AM ]
I'm not concerned at all. In fact, I doubt he will duplicate his 6 INTs again this coming year. He might have 3 INTs and that is fine because he is still a darn good CB. Even when he dropped INTs in Washington he was still their best CB. He is great in coverage and is strong in run support. There many factors that make a CB good other than his number of INTs.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Why is there all of this talk about how the 49ers can't repeat this or its going to be hard to replicate that??? I don't hear this same type of talk about NO, GB, NY, Pit, or Bal. I don't understand it. Injuries are part of the game and we are at no more risk than any other franchise yet we seem to be the only club that can't sustain success from the season before. Its starting to piss me off.

Right there with ya..right there with ya, bro.
Share 49ersWebzone