There are 208 users in the forums

**SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DENVER BRONCOS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON WK 3)**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Peyton Manning has reportedly had issues throwing to his right.

ESPN's John Clayton and Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. have both picked up on this. Per Clayton, Manning is still having problems when trying to throw to his right for more than 10 yards. It's a reminder that Peyton has had three recent neck surgeries, is 36 years old and has shown signs of diminishing arm strength. He's slipped to No. 10 among fantasy quarterbacks in our latest Draft Guide update.

rotoworld
Its time to make it difficult for him to throw ever again
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Rest all the starters until the regular season.
Originally posted by mrmarcus55:
I live in Colorado Springs Colorado and will be going to this game. I cant take the Broncos and the fans here. They been talking alot of smack about this preseason game likes it meaningful. However I would like to see Manning run for his life and shut these lame-o fans up.

Just remember the 4 magic words anytime a Broncos fan tries to get uppity:

fifty five to ten
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by mrmarcus55:
I live in Colorado Springs Colorado and will be going to this game. I cant take the Broncos and the fans here. They been talking alot of smack about this preseason game likes it meaningful. However I would like to see Manning run for his life and shut these lame-o fans up.

Just remember the 4 magic words anytime a Broncos fan tries to get uppity:

fifty five to ten

Go Niners....3rd game shows the most, which still ain't much
Is this game even televised???

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kidash98:
Is this game even televised???

yes..on FOX
Weird gametime too for a preaseason game
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Yes, 1pm on Sunday.
Originally posted by susweel:
Rest all the starters until the regular season.

I'm down with that.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Yes, 1pm on Sunday.

yep its because of the NFL trying to game everyone into buying that lame preseason stream package, I'm just happy we got a televised game period, that way I dont have to keep going to those sketchy streaming sites.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/08/23/its-back-to-school-time-49ers-must-protect-smith-from-sacks-vs-broncos/

Smith's stats through two exhibitions: 8 of 12 for 75 yards with one touchdown pass, no interceptions and two sacks. No interceptions? Sounds familiar. Smith hasn't had a pass intercepted since Thanksgiving, a stretch that covering his final 227 attempts last season, including 68 in two playoff games. Such a streak would seem to indicate that Smith is getting enough time in the pocket to make wise decisions on where to pass. Then again, lousy third-down efficiency and red-zone production showed there is definite room for improvement. "Last year at times there were some opportunities out there and for whatever reason didn't get them, maybe unsure, different things, hesitant," Smith said. "As an offense and myself speaking, I think just a little better pulling the trigger this year, taking our shots that are there and executing." Smith better think fast Sundy. Miller and Dumervil combined for 21 1/2 sacks last season, including 11 1/2 from Miller, who beat out the 49ers' Aldon Smith for NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year honors. Two rookies to keep an eye on: Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson.

This is the game that will give the line a good test. Dumervil and Von Miller Seattle's Okung was being abused by Dumervil's quickness. Dumervil pretty much got hold on just about every play -- the ref called it once. Lets see how Staley will do....
Great challenge for Anthony Davis. I haven't seen this "new and improved quickness/footwork", but playcalls and whatnot haven't really given too many opportunities to see him take on speed rushers.
Same word, different coach: Roman on 'evaluating' Manning

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/08/22/same-word-different-coach-roman-on-evaluating-manning/

Like Harbaugh, Roman was unprompted today when he characterized the 49ers' interest in Manning as an evaluation. Similarly, he implied their interest in signing Manning wasn't piqued after he and Harbaugh saw the future Hall of Famer work out at Duke.

Do you have a chance to sit and talk football?

GR: Sure did. Yeah, we had a chance to talk football and talk about families. I mean, it really was an evaluation. When you look at free agency, on every player that's a free agent, you need to write a report on them. So how do you write that report on Peyton Manning as a free agent? How do you write it? You don't. It's such a unique situation. You have to see where's he's at. You have to see where he's at physically. Where his mind is at. What exactly does he represent at this point, et cetera. So, I just think the uniqueness of the situation, you can't write a free-agent report on a player in that situation unless you actually get hands on and see how he's doing. See where he's at. So that's pretty much what it was, really, just an evaluation.

Oh, we know (laughing) …

GR: Do you? Do you know? Do you? Really? Because that's really all it was. And I understand how things are going to get blown up. It was good to talk football with him, but it really was just an evaluation. Where is this guy at? Can he even play? Where he's at, physically, mentally – all that good stuff. So that's it.

Share 49ersWebzone