Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DENVER BRONCOS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON WK 3)**

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Smith to VD-- good for 2-3 TD every game. Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Ginn are all there to make it even that much harder to defend the connection. Moss ain't getting the ball until defense can show they can stop 11 to 85

The downfield shot to Moss...although it didn't connect that play....WILL BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Why did Alex even throw that? He was in TRIPLE coverage...

Because it RANDY FU-KIN' MOSS. I'm glad (Alex) took a shot. If Randy caught that....
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Someone mentioned maybe it was just to back the defense off. Give the defense something to think about although I'm not sure that is a good idea with triple coverage.

Yeah who knows. He won't make those throws in the regular season. Had to be a particular reason behind it..
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Someone mentioned maybe it was just to back the defense off. Give the defense something to think about although I'm not sure that is a good idea with triple coverage.

Overthrow it and all is well.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Overthrow it and all is well.

Yeah, just make sure you overthrow it by a lot.

Sidenote: I am sure this was talked about but anybody here not agree that Terry Bradshaw should never be in a booth again? He's ok if it's pre-season and he can joke around and say stupid things but during the regular season I would have been pissed. P.S. How is Troy and Joe still Fox's #1 team? There are a few teams better than them. P.S. We get them game 1 at GB.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 26, 2012 at 6:14 PM ]
LOve how everyone b**ches after that deep Moss pass. Triple covered? Eh... sorta. Look closely at where two of the defenders are... behind Moss and useless. Only Bailey was any sort of threat to turning that play into trouble. If Moss has another step (yeah, slight overthrow) and goes up for it, it's an exceptional completion. NO big deal..
Originally posted by oldman9er:
LOve how everyone b**ches after that deep Moss pass. Triple covered? Eh... sorta. Look closely at where two of the defenders are... behind Moss and useless. Only Bailey was any sort of threat to turning that play into trouble. If Moss has another step (yeah, slight overthrow) and goes up for it, it's an exceptional completion. NO big deal..

Most of us seen it only live and didn't get rewatch the game yet so that's where the mistake could have come from. Will have to keep an eye out for that.
I think the throw to Moss into double coverage was a reminder to the defense, because the following play was a run by Hunter that went for 9yds and almost a first down. Huge whole and lots of space. I think it was a setup to give us some space for a 2nd &10 run at our own 10 yard line. They even put VD in to block the blindside.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM ]
I'd take two or three shots to moss every game. You gotta prove to the other team that you're willing to take the chance and the next time he goes deep, he'll be covered by a safety. We need to use that to our advantage (play calling wise).
  • THEB
  • Veteran
i wish we would just stop running the football on 3rd and 10+ it makes no damn sense to me
Originally posted by THEB:
i wish we would just stop running the football on 3rd and 10+ it makes no damn sense to me

Backed up inside our own 15, the coaches will do that a lot. Show passing formation on obvious passing plays then do the opposite -- run the ball on a draw. Even if they don't get the first down, they will have the room to punt the ball. Come back on the next drive with better field position and try again. Just the way most coaches think. Been like that for years. Unless the team has a prolific offense.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by THEB:

Backed up inside our own 15, the coaches will do that a lot. Show passing formation on obvious passing plays then do the opposite -- run the ball on a draw. Even if they don't get the first down, they will have the room to punt the ball. Come back on the next drive with better field position and try again. Just the way most coaches think. Been like that for years. Unless the team has a prolific offense.

yep.. just watched that drive... we a were clearly just sayin' f**k it... let's just run more clock and GTFO here.
I couldn't watch the damne game because of work.. Humph

Did Peyton rape us like the box score suggests? Was it against the first stringers
How the starters in O look?
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Did Peyton rape us like the box score suggests? Was it against the first stringers

He basically had all day to throw and picked on favorable matchups... Decker vs Grant over the middle? Decker vs Brock? No biggie... we didn't and don't curr.
^ oh, and Rogers picked on too, but he played off and didn't curr either.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

He basically had all day to throw and picked on favorable matchups... Decker vs Grant over the middle? Decker vs Brock? No biggie... we didn't and don't curr.

I kinda curr a little bit.