There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DENVER BRONCOS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON WK 3)**

The offense looked ok. We did not get a good push running the ball with the first team. I like that alex was 4/4. The play to VD was awesome. Somewhat of a mis-communication. I also don't think the Denver DB thought VD was as fast as he turned out to be. It was very funny watching a LB try to run down field with VD at wide-out. I liked what we saw from the 2nd team and CK. I think Coach Harbaugh is holding back for the regular season. we looked like but last preseason as well and everything was pretty vanilla today.
Green Bay is going down!! All of our secret weapons will be unleashed week 1!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by niners94:
Can we forfeit the last preseason game? Bring on Green Bay!

the game, sure, but we definitely need those 2 weeks of practice.

IDK how any niner fan can be happy with the performance of our first team O or D today.

there was no game plan against peyton

freaking goldson quit running on deckers 1st td
Even the second string offense is a field goal only team.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
Get back to me with the running stats, particularly the attempts ratio vs. pass attempts ratio.

1st-Half:

Total plays - 18

8 RUNS
8 PASSES (1 was a fumbled snap)
2 STs

83 yards

3rd Quarter:

Total plays - 19

13 RUNS
4 PASSES
2 STs

152 yards
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by niners94:
Can we forfeit the last preseason game? Bring on Green Bay!

the game, sure, but we definitely need those 2 weeks of practice.

IDK how any niner fan can be happy with the performance of our first team O or D today.

Didn't we suck last preseason too? I'm not putting much stock in it.
Interesting observation from Kevin Lynch:

"Cornerback Carlos Rogers also looked vunerable, but that's because he relies so much on film study and the 49ers don't prepard much for preseason games."

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/08/26/first-quarter-impressions-2/
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Khunt looks waaay more explosive than Gire.

not catching on
Originally posted by captveg:
Interesting observation from Kevin Lynch:

"Cornerback Carlos Rogers also looked vunerable, but that's because he relies so much on film study and the 49ers don't prepard much for preseason games."

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/08/26/first-quarter-impressions-2/

Not surprised, Rogers is not the fastest guy. He relies on his smarts and instincts and that starts in the film room which obviously isn't used much if any during the preseason
We lost our 3rd game of the preseason last year 30-7 to Houston.

Get over preseason performances.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Our offense is going to be a work in progress and our defense may take sometime, too. I don't care how we look the first 3 games. I'll take any win we can get. Survive the first part of the season, then break out the rest of the way.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Yep. This "win" only shows how good our depth is now.
Dixon being interviewed on fox 2.
Originally posted by okdkid:

True I wish this pre season would just end already. Hard to believe that kickoff is only two weeks away can't wait.
True that Niners would be holding some things back prior to season opener. I still don't like the look of pass coverage. Rogers was not sharp. There was little line push from 1st team defense. Poor tackling also. The 1st team offense did not look good either; Vernon's TD on blown coverage aside.It's good there is some practice time to address these things. I would even consider picking up someone elses safety for roster. All today showed me is the Niners have impressive depth on team and Akers is a beast.