There are 227 users in the forums

49ers' Alex Boone has risen from the depths of alcohol abuse

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good story, I'm glad we took a chance on him. He was always a high character person. A team leader, and very well liked even during his drinking days at Ohio State. Major props to him for turning his life around. He's come a long way.
cool story
Note to Harbaugh. Make sure to put Boone in a room that locks from the outside during Super Bowl week. Don't need a Barry Simms incident.
Thanks - really good article.
he's worked his arse off the last couple of seasons, kicked the habit, lost alot of pounds. Good for him.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Note to Harbaugh. Make sure to put Boone in a room that locks from the outside during Super Bowl week. Don't need a Barry Simms incident.

What Did Barry Sims do? I thought that was Barret Robbins...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Sounds like a guy that can't be around alcohol, hope his teammates realize this and help him stay sober.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Good story! Great job Alex Boone...keep fighting because tempation is going to be around you your entire NFL career and life. Keep it in moderation... isn't that what charles barkley says?
Originally posted by Chico:
Good story! Great job Alex Boone...keep fighting because tempation is going to be around you your entire NFL career and life. Keep it in moderation... isn't that what charles barkley says?

Nope hes says.....terrrrrblllle
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I'll drink to that!

Me too.........

Me being a person who has dealt with alcoholism, find him to be a true inspiration! its never too late to change your life for the better...bravo Boone
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Originally posted by Joecool:

What Did Barry Sims do? I thought that was Barret Robbins...

It was. Dude went awol.
What an inspiring young man, I'd love to buy him a brew
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by Chico:

Nope hes says.....terrrrrblllle

Lol I saw that dude singing kareoke in Tahoe tossing free beer into the crowd... Gently of course
good story
Share 49ersWebzone