There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers' Alex Boone has risen from the depths of alcohol abuse

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/17/4733711/fighting-to-play-sober-alex-boone.html#storylink=omni_popular

Anyone that skips this read is really missing out on a long and terrific story. We all mostly heard about the night of drinking that dropped his draft stock, but this gives a much more detailed picture of Boone.

Its a good story that he has came so far and hopefully he can keep it going but I have my doubts of him holding up at guard.
Good stuff from Matt Barrows

Boone might be just the guy to pull this O-line into the next level. Like elite level
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM ]
dont trust these guys, always on the verge of a relapse. See Josh Hamilton in MLB
every teenager has risen from the depths of alcohol abuse.
Good story. I hope he continues to impress.

I give him a pass on the drinking because he grew up in Cleveland. If you lived there, you would get drunk to ease the sorrow as well.
I'll drink to that!
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Good story. I hope he continues to impress.

I give him a pass on the drinking because he grew up in Cleveland. If you lived there, you would get drunk to ease the sorrow as well.

LOL... I've been there for work and hell yes this is true. It's always gray and depressing out there. Plus the beezy's are big and pasty.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
dont trust these guys, always on the verge of a relapse. See Josh Hamilton in MLB

oh you mean one of the best players in baseball.
Originally posted by 99problems:

dude misses lots of games every year cuz of his relapses. not that many games in the NFL. this dude relapses and we are stuck with a backup linemen

dude misses lots of games every year cuz of his relapses. not that many games in the NFL. this dude relapses and we are stuck with a backup linemen

your post proves why its not that much to worry about. Im sure he can stay focused during the grind of a football season. Its more the offseason i would be worried about

your post proves why its not that much to worry about. Im sure he can stay focused during the grind of a football season. Its more the offseason i would be worried about

he will probably end up killing Harbaugh in a drunken rage
I wish i was able to have a beer with him in his Ohio State days. Dude would put away 12 packs like it was nothing.
  • mod
  • Veteran
aint nothin wrong with a good brew

he will probably end up killing Harbaugh in a drunken rage

GTFO with that nonsense.