There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would the Dolphins be interested in trading for any of our WR's??

Why would they trade when we have to cut someone?
Originally posted by kidash98:
Stacked? Really?!?!?!?!?

- 98


Yes, let me know of any 49er team post Rice/Taylor that was this deep?

Michael Crabtree- 1st round pick, led the team in reception yards.
Randy Moss- 1st round pick, multiple pro bowls- one year deal
Ted Ginn- 1st round pick- more of a KR/PR, and can be a deep threat.
Mario Manningham- signd for two years. Solid receiver who will make the roster as a #2.
AJ Jenkins- 1st round draft pick- Cannot be cut because he is first round pick. Hopefully Baalke pulls anothe Aldon Smith draft pick.
Kyle Williams- Seems to be on the cusp of becoming an established WR.
Nate Palmer- high udfa signing bonus shows multiple teams wanted him
Chris Owusu- played under Harbaugh at Stanford, if not for concussion history would have been drafted.
Tyms- fast PR/KR
Brett Swain- was our #3 going into play off game, his fall to the bottom of the talent ladder shows how much talent the niners added.

So assuming the Niners only keep 5 WR and 1 KR/PR, I think the niners are more stacked than any WR combination since the Rice/Taylor era.

Please let me know what year and roster you think is better.

If they do not trade any of the players, when they are cut I can guarantee you that either Palmer or Owusu would be picked up before going to the PS.
2. Michael Crabtree- 1st rounder- With Manningham and Moss, willing to part with Crabtree for a 1st round pick in the future, probably a high first rounder in 2013.
I lol'd
Sign Chad Johnson, trade him to Miami for a first rounder.

I do it in Madden all the time.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,125
They might be, but I am very hesitant to trade anyone right now.

First the first time in a decade, we have legitimate competition at the wide receiver position. It was only 4 years ago that our WR corps featured Arnaz Battle, Isaac Bruce, and Bryant Johnson.

We aren't at the point where we can trade a Kyle Williams yet because Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, and A.J. Jenkins are still WIP in their ability to perform with Alex Smith at the helm.

May the best man win in preseason, even if it sacrifices acquiring a 6th round pick. Frankly, our roster is deep enough where a 6th rounder should only compete for special teams duty/2nd string backup.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Stacked? Really?!?!?!?!?

- 98


Yes, let me know of any 49er team post Rice/Taylor that was this deep?

Michael Crabtree- 1st round pick, led the team in reception yards.
Randy Moss- 1st round pick, multiple pro bowls- one year deal
Ted Ginn- 1st round pick- more of a KR/PR, and can be a deep threat.
Mario Manningham- signd for two years. Solid receiver who will make the roster as a #2.
AJ Jenkins- 1st round draft pick- Cannot be cut because he is first round pick. Hopefully Baalke pulls anothe Aldon Smith draft pick.
Kyle Williams- Seems to be on the cusp of becoming an established WR.
Nate Palmer- high udfa signing bonus shows multiple teams wanted him
Chris Owusu- played under Harbaugh at Stanford, if not for concussion history would have been drafted.
Tyms- fast PR/KR
Brett Swain- was our #3 going into play off game, his fall to the bottom of the talent ladder shows how much talent the niners added.

So assuming the Niners only keep 5 WR and 1 KR/PR, I think the niners are more stacked than any WR combination since the Rice/Taylor era.

Please let me know what year and roster you think is better.

If they do not trade any of the players, when they are cut I can guarantee you that either Palmer or Owusu would be picked up before going to the PS.

Just because they are first round picks that doesn't mean they are any good. Crabs is a decent number to 2 WR, Moss is old and has been out of football for a year and the year he did play he sucked so most likely he is washed up. Ginn is a good return man but sucks as a WR. Manninghma is a decent number 3 WR, thats what he was in NY.

Kyle Williams- Seems to be on the cusp of becoming an established WR. come on dude really ?

the rest of the dudes besides AJ who doesn't look like much right now are nothing but camp fodder.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Stacked? Really?!?!?!?!?

- 98


Yes, let me know of any 49er team post Rice/Taylor that was this deep?

Michael Crabtree- 1st round pick, led the team in reception yards.
Randy Moss- 1st round pick, multiple pro bowls- one year deal
Ted Ginn- 1st round pick- more of a KR/PR, and can be a deep threat.
Mario Manningham- signd for two years. Solid receiver who will make the roster as a #2.
AJ Jenkins- 1st round draft pick- Cannot be cut because he is first round pick. Hopefully Baalke pulls anothe Aldon Smith draft pick.
Kyle Williams- Seems to be on the cusp of becoming an established WR.
Nate Palmer- high udfa signing bonus shows multiple teams wanted him
Chris Owusu- played under Harbaugh at Stanford, if not for concussion history would have been drafted.
Tyms- fast PR/KR
Brett Swain- was our #3 going into play off game, his fall to the bottom of the talent ladder shows how much talent the niners added.

So assuming the Niners only keep 5 WR and 1 KR/PR, I think the niners are more stacked than any WR combination since the Rice/Taylor era.

Please let me know what year and roster you think is better.

If they do not trade any of the players, when they are cut I can guarantee you that either Palmer or Owusu would be picked up before going to the PS.

Minus Moss and Manningham, the rest are so, so...

Crabtree hasn't had a great yeat (minus last year, officially his best), Kyle is still raw, Ginn is just that, a PR/KR, Jenkins is still raw, Palmer (will be a practice squad player, more than likely), and the rest?????

And we're stacked????

Really????

Granted, this is the best receiving corp's we've had in a minute but to say we're stacked???

- 98
What we're REALLY stacked with is LATE-ROUND DRAFT PICKS. Don't need no moe.

Teddy Ginn for a 3rd rounder was a good one though. I chuckled aloud.
Crabtree should trade to Dolphins for first rounds in future! We don't need to crabtree cuz he is sux and his plm injured that his feets! Byee Byee Crabtree.. Good luck urself!!
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Stacked? Really?!?!?!?!?

- 98


Yes, let me know of any 49er team post Rice/Taylor that was this deep?

Michael Crabtree- 1st round pick, led the team in reception yards.
Randy Moss- 1st round pick, multiple pro bowls- one year deal
Ted Ginn- 1st round pick- more of a KR/PR, and can be a deep threat.
Mario Manningham- signd for two years. Solid receiver who will make the roster as a #2.
AJ Jenkins- 1st round draft pick- Cannot be cut because he is first round pick. Hopefully Baalke pulls anothe Aldon Smith draft pick.
Kyle Williams- Seems to be on the cusp of becoming an established WR.
Nate Palmer- high udfa signing bonus shows multiple teams wanted him
Chris Owusu- played under Harbaugh at Stanford, if not for concussion history would have been drafted.
Tyms- fast PR/KR
Brett Swain- was our #3 going into play off game, his fall to the bottom of the talent ladder shows how much talent the niners added.

So assuming the Niners only keep 5 WR and 1 KR/PR, I think the niners are more stacked than any WR combination since the Rice/Taylor era.

Please let me know what year and roster you think is better.

If they do not trade any of the players, when they are cut I can guarantee you that either Palmer or Owusu would be picked up before going to the PS.

Minus Moss and Manningham, the rest are so, so...

Crabtree hasn't had a great yeat (minus last year, officially his best), Kyle is still raw, Ginn is just that, a PR/KR, Jenkins is still raw, Palmer (will be a practice squad player, more than likely), and the rest?????

And we're stacked????

Really????

Granted, this is the best receiving corp's we've had in a minute but to say we're stacked???

- 98


Ok, this is the best receiving corps we have had in recent memory. Harubaugh said himself he views them as 5 number 1's. So not stacked but better than years past. Others watching hard knocks on HBO realize how poor the dolphins have it at WR right now.
I could maybe see them trading Walker if they got a decent offer (not even a WR, but not signed long term and teams might be interested in his versatility), but otherwise I don't think any of our guys has real value. Unless Palmer goes for 500 yards and a few TDs this preseason I don't expect him to get any interest.

And if he did that we'd probably just keep him ourselves.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Aug 14, 2012 at 9:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
I could maybe see them trading Walker if they got a decent offer (not even a WR, but not signed long term and teams might be interested in his versatility), but otherwise I don't think any of our guys has real value. Unless Palmer goes for 500 yards and a few TDs this preseason I don't expect him to get any interest.

And if he did that we'd probably just keep him ourselves.

We lose more than we gain by trading anyone on our roster.

The only trade that makes sense is moving Kaepernick for a 1st and a 2nd IF he turns out to be a commodity like Matt Schaub in a year or two. And even then, I don't think you do it unless Tolzien grows up from being baby-Brees to big-Brees.

A Crabs-trade would make sense if we had a stud ready to replace him, but we don't. So right now, we just stay put and dominate son!!!
We desperately need all of our WR's this year. The original poster should be fried for this.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Crabtree should trade to Dolphins for first rounds in future! We don't need to crabtree cuz he is sux and his plm injured that his feets! Byee Byee Crabtree.. Good luck urself!!

This post is so full of fail and I'm not even talking about the grammar
I'd be interested in a sandwich right now.