LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

How will the Niners win at GB in game one?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
They will Rush with 4 and drop 7 (Same way the Giants beat them), obliterate the run game with just the front 7, and run the hell out of the ball.

It's funny because at its heart, the basic strategy of football hasn't changed in a while. The nuances of the game can make it difficult (ie. how do you handle your coverage scheme), but at its core the overall strategy remains very similar. The 49ers, like the Giants, are built to compete against the Green Bay's of the NFL with a tough defense (in the Saints game most of the drives required New Orleans to work for its yards) and a solid running game.

While I don't expect the T/O ratio to be as ridiculously awesome as it was last year, the defense should be able to force GB to take a bit of time working its way down field. Special teams is another area SF really uses well to change the flow of games. Its coverage and return teams are great and could further force GB into longer drives for points.

My buddy is a huge GB fan so this game means a little more for me in terms of bragging rights. :)
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Aug 13, 2012 at 9:30 AM ]
Willis will dick slap any wr or RB that comes near him and that will cause the ball carrier to fumble and that will make all the difference
Start the game with the "heavy package"

Put leonard Davis in as eligible TE.
Tukafua as FB
Jacobs as RB.

Pound the defense up the middle.

Then use the speed backs James and Hunter to run sweeps causing the D linemen to go sidleine to sideline.

beat them up, put them back on their heels.
Niners are going to win by producing efficient, clock eating, scoring drives, which keeps the defense rested, and Rodgers on the sidelines!
Right now, GB is hurting real bad. They have some key injuries like Bishop and they had to shore up the RB squad with Benson. The depth is what will harm that team.

There is no doubt in my mind we will run on that D and keep Rodgers on the sideline. Keep eating the clock and win the battle of field position.

Did they end up signing sorry ass Benson?
We need to go out there and punch them in the mouth !
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
if this game isn't on nationally, it'll be a crime on humanity.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
if this game isn't on nationally, it'll be a crime on humanity.

it is, that's why it's a 1pm PST start
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 13, 2012 at 12:02 PM ]
POUND the ball

eventually their front 7 will be begging for mercy , we are a much more physical team, and if we can limit their passing game, we have a chance to really kick them in the teeth

Call me crazy but I think we are a better team than Green Bay. Outside of a crazy passing attack what do they have? The one time they faced a superior defense (Giants) they crumbled.

I think they'll give us a run for our money but this game will come down to ball control and control in general. If we dictate the terms of this game we win plain and simple. The packers rely on the ability to score...a LOT. This isnt going to be some 42-35 score game. Let's be honest...if it is...we may be in trouble. But if this game is 21-17 or 17-13 going into the 4th quarter...we got it.
Packers have serious injury issues

The Packers shortened practice to help cope with all the injuries. 19 players missed Sunday's practice, after 21 missed it the day before. Running back James Starks' injury may be the most worrisome other than losing Bishop.

I'm sure most of these injuries will heal by Sept. 9th, but still, ...

bad for them = good for us
Originally posted by verb1der:
Niners are going to win by producing efficient, clock eating, scoring drives, which keeps the defense rested, and Rodgers on the sidelines!

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Call me crazy but I think we are a better team than Green Bay. Outside of a crazy passing attack what do they have? The one time they faced a superior defense (Giants) they crumbled.

I think they'll give us a run for our money but this game will come down to ball control and control in general. If we dictate the terms of this game we win plain and simple. The packers rely on the ability to score...a LOT. This isnt going to be some 42-35 score game. Let's be honest...if it is...we may be in trouble. But if this game is 21-17 or 17-13 going into the 4th quarter...we got it.

After watching our first drive against the Vikings last friday, I said "We're going to do just this against the packers!" So far, we've stayed decently healthy, minus minor injuries (....Walker being the x-factor now)

Yes, our pass depth grew over the offseason, but I think it will be worked in throughout the season. I see a VERY run happy game plan against the Packers. I'd be very surprised if we tossed over 30 passes. Our run depth also grew, and this team will be set week 1 to execute that attack.

We looked so clean for a first preseason game with our starting units. Of course there were miss communications, but miss communications you'd expect to see Week 1. I wish the reg. season started this week because I think we're ahead of the curve. Sooooooo unlike last year.

- Packers have HOLES! Niners have areas they could/need to improve.
- If this game was in SF, we'd be major favorites IMO.

....Control the clock, make them play our game, get to Rodgers.
Originally posted by susweel:
This is gonna be hard game for our boys Im hopeful our physical defense can dominate their Oline and give Rogers a good beating. I do think that this one will probably be a loss, but anything is possible Go Niners !!!!

I think the niners will win this one.I expect our running game to come in to play
Our offense will win it for us. That's right, I said it. Our offense > GB's Defense. Run all over'em. Defensively, we need Aldon to be 110% for this one.....
Share 49ersWebzone