LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

I think he could do a .lot better for as long as he has been here but I am no expert. I do think he is overpaid
i think early on this year he will be putting up 60 or 70 yard receiving days but by week 5 or 6 when everyone gets used to the offense and get all their timing and hand issues under control crabtree will put up huge numbers. hes faster than i expected, runs great routes and has some of the best hands in the nfl. dude was snatching balls out of the air like nobody's business last week
Originally posted by reno911:
crabtree is not a bust,I think he will turn out to be one of the best pass catching recievers the 49ers have ever had

Um, no. Rice, Taylor and Owens. I am very happy with Crabtrees development, but you just cannot put him in the same category.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
crabtree is not a bust,I think he will turn out to be one of the best pass catching recievers the 49ers have ever had

ok lets not go that far he wont even be close

hes solid to a great player but imo nothing special he is not the type of guy you have to create a gameplan for like a fitz andre johnson megatron and a selective few others

You're just talking prototype receivers. Most of the best receivers do not have that kind of build, including the greatest ever. (And so far this year, of the top 3 receivers, none are even over 6' tall)

I'm not saying Crabtree will be an all time great, but he at least has the physical attributes required to become something special.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Sep 22, 2012 at 4:39 AM ]

Originally posted by English:

Um, no. Rice, Taylor and Owens. I am very happy with Crabtrees development, but you just cannot put him in the same category.

...yet.

True, but does he still have a chance to be mentioned along side those guys if he keeps getting better?
Originally posted by Ether:
Cashtree is developing into Smith's #1 target in the clutch, and they're only going to get better as the season goes on.

This. Hope it turns into a TD this week.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Ether:
Cashtree is developing into Smith's #1 target in the clutch, and they're only going to get better as the season goes on.

This. Hope it turns into a TD this week.
Ditto, he deserves to get into the endzone, I'm thinking by the end of the season, 1100 yds and 8 tds

Years 1-3 Stats:

John Taylor: 83 receptions 1553 yards 12 touchdowns
Terrell Owens: 162 receptions 2547 yards 26 touchdowns
Michael Crabtree: 175 receptions 2240 yards 12 touchdowns

All of this "true #1 receiver" rhetoric needs to stop now. I've never seen a phrase get so over used. The guy is clearly our featured WR

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Crabtree is the best WR the 49ers have picked in the 1st round since Jerry Rice.

Originally posted by kush:

Years 1-3 Stats:

John Taylor: 83 receptions 1553 yards 12 touchdowns
Terrell Owens: 162 receptions 2547 yards 26 touchdowns
Michael Crabtree: 175 receptions 2240 yards 12 touchdowns

Good God people, do I really have to explain those stats?

Who was playing alongside Crabtree for those three years? Answer? Well, nobody.

And who was playing alongside JT and TO for their first three years?

Yes, him.

Meaningless stats are meaningless.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Who was playing alongside Crabtree for those three years? Answer? Vernon Davis.

Fixed.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Fixed.

Are you serious?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Fixed.

Are you serious?

No, not really. Mostly ribbing.

I agree with you to a point. It's a bit more complicated than you're making it, though.

Who was throwing to Rice, Taylor, and Owens? Who was coaching Rice, Taylor, and Owens?

Also, Crabtree has been limited by his holdout (his own fault) and injuries (not really his fault, IMO). He might have better numbers up to this point otherwise.

Do I think he will ever come anywhere close to Jerry Rice? No.

Could he end up as good as any other WR to play for the 49ers? I'm not ruling it out.

Let's see how he looks the rest of this season before we make final judgements, eh?
Share 49ersWebzone