Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Amir:
that's fair going into the season.

Agree

Dis
[ Edited by cwilson830 on Jul 31, 2012 at 4:56 PM ]
feels good to not be ranked in the 20's anymore
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Greenbay is gonna get knocked in the mouth so hard every body in the nation will take notice. book it. Last i heard they were having tackle problems. Cowboy and Aldon are gonna be foaming at the mouth. This team is ready for the best competition in the league. been a long time since i could say that confidently.

Agreed, I want the Niners to play all their opponents at their very best, hoping no injuries happen to their players. We are going to take this "harder schedule" head on.
Seachickens 22 Tards 23 Lambs 28 Get ready for "sure the niners won, look at the crappy division they play in"

I'd rather we were 32, give Harbs something to yell about in the locker room. No respect from the league or the pundits seems to drive our coach, our team and our fans.

As for the Giants, Steelers, and Cowgirls. Who cares where they are ranked, There will be new rankings from multiple sources each week for people to argue/complain about.

Man is this a long offseason.
yup. all those teams have won a SB recently and have Elite QB's.

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by verb1der:
How are the Packers #1? 49ers, Pats, Giants made it farther than them last season

Power rankings aren't about where finessed last year. looks about right to me

yup. all those teams have won a SB recently and have Elite QB's.

Pats haven't won a SB since after the '04 season...
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Like the Seahawks?

HAHA!

Got that right.
Fine for now.

I think we'll be laying Houston in the SBowl.

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninermedic:

My bad. But they still have Brady, an Elite QB and they upgraded their defense. I can understand them being rated ahead of us going into the season.

I honestly think we have a better TEAM than the three ahead of us but they have Elite QB's.
Originally posted by cwilson830:

Got that right.

Although how can a team that is ranked #4, only be expected to win "7.2 games" lol

As Harbaugh would say:

"For those -- the scribes, pundits, so-called experts -- who have gone so far as to say that [we are going to win 7.2 games] should just stop. I recommend that because they're making themselves look more clueless than they already did."
Originally posted by ninermedic:

My bad. But they still have Brady, an Elite QB and they upgraded their defense. I can understand them being rated ahead of us going into the season.

I honestly think we have a better TEAM than the three ahead of us but they have proven Elite QB's.

Fixed.

Alex's top 10 QB rating combined with the NO game where both nuts dropped in the last 3 minutes, will allow him to finally shine. Together with a real HC, a real OC (two years finally), real weapons other than Gore and VD, a real OL, and the rest of the team. He apparently fixed his stance with that House guy that fixed Brees after his shoulder injury. Nowin and Sing did a number, mentally and physically.

I'm not saying that he is "Elite". I'm saying that I have a feeling that Alex will have a great, Pro Bowl kinda year, 30+ TDs, less than 15 ints, over 4000 yards, while guys like Brees, Manning (Eli), and Rodgers struggle. I wouldn't be surprised if Alex's year, combined with those guys having down years, have people "whisper" that Alex approaches Elite status.

For god's sake, Alex already tied Joe's record for 4 fourth quarter comebacks on the road last year.

I know Harbaugh will be the first to say it
Houston played the only team in their division that could handle them. If they played anyone else they would have been superbowl bound. I would put them over the Giants this year. Especially knowing the Nicks is going to be slowed and Ballard is gone.
raiders are ranked #23? I don't like the raiders, but wow...
Share 49ersWebzone