LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Michael Irvin still bitter about 94

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chico:
That was Seifert that traded him!

Well Haley was causing dissension because of his dislike of Young. It was Clarke and Policy that made the decision to trade to the Cowboys. They made the gauffaw of trading someone like Haleys talent to the cowgirls, you never trade to a division rival or main competition, unless you suck anyway and the guy is a at the end of his career.
M. Irvin should just stop it already. I personally believe if T. Aikman had been smart enough he would have targeted a lanky A. Harper more in that game. I swear dude was open most of the game but instead Troy had predetermined to go to Irvin from the jump. as a result of the diss that A. Harper felt from Dallas's offense and more so from the HC and OC he decided to sign with TB Bucs the following year. if Irvin wants to start some sort of beef he needs to find T. Aikman, JJ and N. Turner for the lack of game planning and losing the game.
How come for the Cowboys turnovers he uses the word "spotted" but then uses the words "closed the gap" when the Cowboys where handed a gift...like the 2nd half kickoff which Adam Walker fumbled and the Cowboys recovered at the Niners 20?? I will say however I did feel rather fortunate that the Niners came out with the w
How come for the Cowboys turnovers he uses the word "spotted" but then uses the words "closed the gap" when the Cowboys where handed a gift...like the 2nd half kickoff which Adam Walker fumbled and the Cowboys recovered at the Niners 20?? I will say however I did feel rather fortunate that the Niners came out with the w
dang..sorry!
Originally posted by signman:

Believe it or not, Michael Irvin was a 10X bigger jackass while he was playing then he is even now.
Crack is wack!!!!
Originally posted by sacniner:
Man, I loved that old school, real rivalry. I like the fact that he still hates that team. S*it is real.

This x10

I won a bet against a co-worker that year, if he lost , he would have to burn his Cow puke hat in front of errbody. Let's just say he almost cried when i handed him my Red 49ers lighter. Hahahaha! Good times man.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGs_wUClams"> </div> <div class="video youtube-kGs_wUClams"> <div class="video youtube-c3ZaVnt5Xsk[/video] </div>
suck on this irvin!

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGs_wUClams"> </div> <div class="video youtube-kGs_wUClams"> <div class="video youtube-c3ZaVnt5Xsk[/video] </div>
suck on this irvin!

Best part was when that dope switzer cried about the field being muddy and it was a disgrace. Well dummy, I have 2 things to say in response:
1. The Niners were on the same field as you, so no advantage there.
2. If the cowgirls had the better record, the playoff game would have been held in dallas. You didn't, it wasn't, now you AND irvin shout shut up.

Ah, the Super Bowl winning, 1994 season. Deion Sanders was the Defensive MVP of the League
It wasn't a fluke win like Irvin had implied. Niners owned them for several more games even with Deion on their team.
Originally posted by 99problems:
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/1142/michael-irvin-talks-%E2%80%98madden-13%E2%80%99-megatron

Other legends in "Madden" this year include Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders. Do you think you would have gotten that last ring if Deion would've stayed in San Francisco and never joined the Cowboys? He really seemed to swing the balance of power.

Listen, we were getting rings long before Deion went anywhere. I think that no-pass interference call and the three turnovers we gave up at the beginning of that game swung the balance of power for that playoff game. If we would've come back and won that game, there would've been no balance of power swung. Trust me, now. We spotted them 21 and closed the gap. I don't think anyone could've spotted us 21 and closed the gap.

He states that they "spotted" us 21 points instead of earning it.
thoughts....
and if anyone could have done what he says nobody could it would have been the 49ers.

I'm not certain how losing by 10 points "closes the gap." His quarterback made a host of bad throws in the first quarter. Was Eric Davis supposed to knock the ball to the ground instead of catching the ball and returning it? Please.
Well, I'm still bitter about his constant pushing off, and Moose Johnsons constant holding! So I guess we are even!
Some great arguments here.....tremendous. Most are irrefutable except I do believe there was holding on that bomb to Rice in '92.....saw that game replayed months ago and I think it was the right call (as much as I hate to f**** write that!).

I think as a '90s dynasty....the way they were built, the Cowboys were a better team than the 49ers. However, let me preface that by saying:

1. They had superior control of the line of scrimmage....both sides of the ball, but more so their OL. Their ability to run was better overall.
2. Aikman was never required to be as good as Young.
3. The Haley addition by subtraction cannot be ignored. That swung the power more than Deion or Ken Norton JR did...
4. Alvin Harper was an anomaly who seemingly brought superstar talent only to 49er games

Bottom line, and something nobody brought up:

All Dallas fans should be SO GRATEFUL FOR IDIOTIC MINNESOTA VIKING FRONT OFFICE MANAGEMENT IN 1989!!!

Just think that a dynasty for the first time in history was built off a freaking TRADE....and it was still was a close fight for best team in the NFC.

49ers should have been fighting either another team (Green Bay maybe) or a Dallas team that just wasn't that powerful.
Share 49ersWebzone