There are 198 users in the forums

Michael Irvin still bitter about 94

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not an issue to me. I expect any player and competitor to say. I mean the majority of this board says we gave the Giants a victory with the turnovers, yet it's wrong for Irvin to say this.
Irvin has a right to say what he did,but it sounded more like an excuse for losing than a fact.Even if the cowboys were down 21-0 they still could not overcome the 49ers defence and offence
Originally posted by 99problems:
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/1142/michael-irvin-talks-%E2%80%98madden-13%E2%80%99-megatron

Other legends in "Madden" this year include Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders. Do you think you would have gotten that last ring if Deion would've stayed in San Francisco and never joined the Cowboys? He really seemed to swing the balance of power.

Listen, we were getting rings long before Deion went anywhere. I think that no-pass interference call and the three turnovers we gave up at the beginning of that game swung the balance of power for that playoff game. If we would've come back and won that game, there would've been no balance of power swung. Trust me, now. We spotted them 21 and closed the gap. I don't think anyone could've spotted us 21 and closed the gap.

He states that they "spotted" us 21 points instead of earning it.
thoughts....
and if anyone could have done what he says nobody could it would have been the 49ers.

Hihihi
Cocaine shortens the memory
The very next year 1995 the cowboys spotted the grbac led 49ers another 17 points and they couldn't "close the gap"
Hihihi
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by reno911:
Irvin has a right to say what he did,but it sounded more like an excuse for losing than a fact.Even if the cowboys were down 21-0 they still could not overcome the 49ers defence and offence

I think a long touchdown pass to rice right before halftime really deflated them a bit?? I just remember young running around the stadium when they won
Share 49ersWebzone