There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Michael Irvin still bitter about 94

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/1142/michael-irvin-talks-%E2%80%98madden-13%E2%80%99-megatron

Other legends in "Madden" this year include Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders. Do you think you would have gotten that last ring if Deion would've stayed in San Francisco and never joined the Cowboys? He really seemed to swing the balance of power.

Listen, we were getting rings long before Deion went anywhere. I think that no-pass interference call and the three turnovers we gave up at the beginning of that game swung the balance of power for that playoff game. If we would've come back and won that game, there would've been no balance of power swung. Trust me, now. We spotted them 21 and closed the gap. I don't think anyone could've spotted us 21 and closed the gap.

He states that they "spotted" us 21 points instead of earning it.
thoughts....
and if anyone could have done what he says nobody could it would have been the 49ers.
[ Edited by 99problems on Jul 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM ]
On my "Most detested Football Player" list. Scr€w Irvin.
[ Edited by English on Jul 30, 2012 at 1:25 PM ]
Well, a very similar argument could be made about the Saints game....17-0 vs. 21-0....

Interestingly enough his points are valid....but our defeat of them during the regular season was far from the spectacle show we put on in the 1st quarter of the NFCC.

Those Cowboys were very tough indeed. It's a good thing our short to intermediate passing game was tight because they were getting pressure on us a lot on deeper drop backs.

One thing Irvin should be grateful for is his trademark shove off to get open.....I recall seeing Crabtree doing that against the Gaiants during the regular season matchup and get called for offensive pass interference. Looked brilliant and dominant, but no longer allowed!
Micheal Irvin will be giving hand jobs for cocaine within 10 years
Something else to keep in mind is the swing of emotions and energy in a game. It's very easy to build up a lead off turnovers and then sorta chill.

And then score when needed. He could attempt to make the implication that had we not gotten those turnovers we wouldn't have scored 38 points, and they scored 28 total. You cannot do make that assumption.

As for '95....Ricky Watters was huge.
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Micheal Irvin will be giving hand jobs for cocaine within 10 years

thats alot of handy's
i think he will go straight to testing his gag reflex
Man, I loved that old school, real rivalry. I like the fact that he still hates that team. S*it is real.
I don't care what Irvin thinks about anything.
Remember on the opening drive by us two years before that in the NFCCG January 1993 (that muddy ass game). Steve Young threw a long TD to Rice and there was some questionable offensive holding call that cost us 7 to start the game? Yeah. If that didn't happen we probably win that game and then go smoke the Bills.
[ Edited by Muggins on Jul 30, 2012 at 3:20 PM ]
he must be high again
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Something else to keep in mind is the swing of emotions and energy in a game. It's very easy to build up a lead off turnovers and then sorta chill.

And then score when needed. He could attempt to make the implication that had we not gotten those turnovers we wouldn't have scored 38 points, and they scored 28 total. You cannot do make that assumption.

As for '95....Ricky Watters was huge.

cant forget Bar None
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,176
Deon was looking at the ball the entire way which saved a PI call. Irvin's a competitor and any true competitor hates to lose! So many "what ifs" go into every game. However, i always HATED Michael Irvin so 'screw him!"

My favorite was when the heavily favored Cowb***hes lost to a Elvis Grbac and mighty powerful 49ers...When he threw to Jerry in the slot for a TD and then Merton runs one back for a TD!!! now THAT was my favorite ass whooping of the cowb***hes!
Must still be doing that white......smh
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,912
Originally posted by Chico:
Deon was looking at the ball the entire way which saved a PI call. Irvin's a competitor and any true competitor hates to lose! So many "what ifs" go into every game. However, i always HATED Michael Irvin so 'screw him!"

My favorite was when the heavily favored Cowb***hes lost to a Elvis Grbac and mighty powerful 49ers...When he threw to Jerry in the slot for a TD and then Merton runs one back for a TD!!! now THAT was my favorite ass whooping of the cowb***hes!
and i am pretty sure that on the ensuing kickoff after merton scored, they fumbled, tim mcdonald ran it back and it was 21-0.. i remember john madden screaming,, this is just like it was last year(referring to the 94 playoff game!) i also remember terry bradshaw saying without steve young,,, the 49ers have no chance of winning that game with elvis playing qb!!
He's just upset that he couldn't push off of Deon and get away with it like he did everyone else. Refs let them play that game, only difference is Deon had the speed to catch back up after being shoved out of the way! If Rice wasn't HOSED on the Deep td in the 92 nfccg never know how momentum may have worked in our favor! (I Still wonder what would have happened had Montana played in that game rather than Young too- Sorry got off topic forgive me everyone!)