LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Countdown to Opening Day: 49ers @ Packers: 0 days!!!! It's Game Day!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
2 days

woooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by mayo49:
2 days

tingling yet? (or..."is it Tingle Time?")
Who else is gonna be there? Where is the 49erswebzone tailgate gonna be at? Sitting in Section 305 Row 2.
We're gonna get an ass whoopin' from Rodgers and his gang this Sunday. That offense is too potent (cite Manning against our D in preseason), and our offense struggles mightily when Alex refuses to take chances. I think Moss / Crabtree / VD / Manningham are the perfect targets to go to against a weak GB defense. Unfortunately, Alex will likely play conservaball and I doubt anyone outside VD has any significant numbers. Packers win, and win BIG 30+ - 13.

Off to Detroit
Originally posted by mella8:
We're gonna get an ass whoopin' from Rodgers and his gang this Sunday. That offense is too potent (cite Manning against our D in preseason), and our offense struggles mightily when Alex refuses to take chances. I think Moss / Crabtree / VD / Manningham are the perfect targets to go to against a weak GB defense. Unfortunately, Alex will likely play conservaball and I doubt anyone outside VD has any significant numbers. Packers win, and win BIG 30+ - 13.

Off to Detroit
did you not watch 49ers last year

when were behind and need to catchup alex takes chances and usually it pays off which is why he has so many comeback wins including a 20 point comeback against ragles

Off to Detroit

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Off to Detroit

when were behind and need to catchup alex takes chances and usually it pays off which is why he has so many comeback wins including a 20 point comeback against ragles

Last year opponents had a different mindset against us. No one thought Alex had the ability to will the team to win, so teams took us lightly. Thats why we made some miraculous comebacks against the Eagles, Lions, and heck even the Saints. This year, teams are gonna dare Alex to beat them. If GB gets an early 2 TD lead, you think McCarthy is gonna sit on it and let the time wash out (ala the Eagles did last year) ? They're gonna keep pushing, and although I think Alex has the ability to pull us out of a deep hole, I dont think he has the will to do it consistently. He's still conservative by nature, and I think against elite teams this year where we might have to play point for point, Alex is gonna lose a lot of battles. Im hoping our D can carry us again, but Im not counting on Alex playing probowl caliber this season.

Off to Detroit

Last year opponents had a different mindset against us. No one thought Alex had the ability to will the team to win, so teams took us lightly. Thats why we made some miraculous comebacks against the Eagles, Lions, and heck even the Saints. This year, teams are gonna dare Alex to beat them. If GB gets an early 2 TD lead, you think McCarthy is gonna sit on it and let the time wash out (ala the Eagles did last year) ? They're gonna keep pushing, and although I think Alex has the ability to pull us out of a deep hole, I dont think he has the will to do it consistently. He's still conservative by nature, and I think against elite teams this year where we might have to play point for point, Alex is gonna lose a lot of battles. Im hoping our D can carry us again, but Im not counting on Alex playing probowl caliber this season.

Off to Detroit

So the Saints took an NFC Divisional playoff game lightly? Yeah that's why we won
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Off to Detroit

So the Saints took an NFC Divisional playoff game lightly? Yeah that's why we won

In a way, yeah. Think about it. We shut the Saints down all day long. Looked like they had no chance of winning it, and all of a sudden Brees started picking us apart. It's not like we changed our defensive strategy late in the game. So what was it, a memory lapse on our part ? I think the Saints decided that they'd had enough and started firing on all cylinders, but the surprise was that Alex went into Chuck Norris mode and kept coming back at them. I dont think this happens again this year. Teams will beat us down when they get the chance.
In a way, yeah. Think about it. We shut the Saints down all day long. Looked like they had no chance of winning it, and all of a sudden Brees started picking us apart. It's not like we changed our defensive strategy late in the game. So what was it, a memory lapse on our part ? I think the Saints decided that they'd had enough and started firing on all cylinders, but the surprise was that Alex went into Chuck Norris mode and kept coming back at them. I dont think this happens again this year. Teams will beat us down when they get the chance.

Yeah the Saints decided to put themselves in a hole, Pierre Thomas decided to take a nap, Brees hit Goldson with a pass in stride (intentionally of course), they didn't want the ball so their ST's gave it back nicely just to make it fair for the 49ers and Alex.

Share 49ersWebzone