There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers signed Darcel McBath

Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Ancient9r:
Originally posted by Hitman49:

Not feeling so confident seeing these shots..........

its ok, those WRs are running in the wrong direction out of fear

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
McGone

Awesome
Originally posted by cciowa:
our depth at safety is razor thin. I am glad they brought in someone to compete. i am very worried about this area

i really dont understand this hype cuz thats all it is is hype. this rumor has been goin around the boards an fans since before the draft. there wsnt even one point this offseason where we were "thin" at safety unless for some reason you think a position requiring 2 starters needs 8 backups which is the logic behind many people here obviously. pre-draft we had i think 3 maybe 4 backups. we now have more than 6 backups....people the safety position is 2 starters...how are WE THIN?? i dont get it, we are stocked with people fighting for the safety position yet people still wanna talk like were thin there. common sense people common sense
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
didn't our DB coach coached him up over there?

Yep, he coached him 09 and 10. Should get a chance because we don't have much depth behind Whitner and Goldson. Spillman is the favorite to backup both spots I think. After that Robinson, Colin Jones, McBath, Michael Thomas, etc all should get a chance to compete. I think I am missing somebody...

...trent robinson
It's a 1yr $540,000 deal, will be a RFA after 2012 if still on roster. More likely an insurance for Goldson, and he has a shot of making the team over Trenton Robinson, and possibly Colin Jones if he shows more on Special Teams.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Former 2nd round pick won't be much of a factor, hes nothing but camp fodder.
Looks like he is a CB for us, at least how 49ers.com has the article listed as CB Darcel McBath. And roster section has him as a CB.
Originally posted by 49ersFan831:
Originally posted by Hitman49:

Not feeling so confident seeing these shots..........

EWWW!! Mark Roman flashbacks!!!

hes on ST guys
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Looks like he is a CB for us, at least how 49ers.com has the article listed as CB Darcel McBath. And roster section has him as a CB.

Wasn't he always a Safety though?? They must have some confidence in him if its true.
Originally posted by stefano89:
i really dont understand this hype cuz thats all it is is hype. this rumor has been goin around the boards an fans since before the draft. there wsnt even one point this offseason where we were "thin" at safety unless for some reason you think a position requiring 2 starters needs 8 backups which is the logic behind many people here obviously. pre-draft we had i think 3 maybe 4 backups. we now have more than 6 backups....people the safety position is 2 starters...how are WE THIN?? i dont get it, we are stocked with people fighting for the safety position yet people still wanna talk like were thin there. common sense people common sense

I don't think you know too much about the players at the position who are listed as our backups. Hell, with your post, I don't think you know very much about the safety position in general. You cannot just plug n play with just any backup. Injuries can happen not only in games but also can happen a month before the season begins.

So in review, I wonder how long you have been a fan of the Niners. There is not much proven depth at safety, bottomline. Its far from "stocked." Just because Colin Jones came in and played receiver last year doesn't mean he's ready to be our last line of defense.
(Although, tell me that wasn't a sick touchdown reception Colin Jones had against the Eagles last year??)
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Jul 23, 2012 at 2:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Wasn't he always a Safety though?? They must have some confidence in him if its true.

He may of played some CB, but I swear mostly Safety. Maybe Donatell gave brass some info we don't know about.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hes on ST guys

regardless, he's at least 10 yards behind. He's either bad at angles or too slow to be playing DB.
regardless, he's at least 10 yards behind. He's either bad at angles or too slow to be playing DB.

he had the most ST tackles for the bronocs that year
A couple of you guys have gone full retard in your 'critic' over 2 snap shots of his ST coverage.

Goldson's replacement.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hes on ST guys

You realize that Marc Mariani and Dwayne Harris are super fast returners, and who knows how far away he was from the play, maybe he came from the other end to try and catch them.