LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Wk 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:
Loved the "300" chant! Hope it continues!

i heard a couple people say it but i didnt notice.. when did they do it?
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Traffic on both 19th avenue and 101 south near Candlestick caused me to be late to the game, I missed both touchdowns by the time I got there so I basically didnt get to see anything. The only rewarding part about the experience was that I got to sit next to a beautiful girl, and I even got her phone number. Considering the tickets were free, and we won the game, it was definitely worth it.

Ahem.

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Ahem.

Thanks, just talking about what I saw at the game.
I was surprised at the number of carries that Rock Cartwright had. I was under the impression that he was going to be primarily a special teams guy. He had the 2nd most on the team with 8 (Dixon had 12). I thought for sure they'd give our two young RBs more carries.

Tolzien looked imo. It was against 3rd stringers though.
I think they were definitely trying to see what they had in the two and use that to figure out what to do with them.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Youngb:
I was surprised at the number of carries that Rock Cartwright had. I was under the impression that he was going to be primarily a special teams guy. He had the 2nd most on the team with 8 (Dixon had 12). I thought for sure they'd give our two young RBs more carries.

Tolzien looked imo. It was against 3rd stringers though.

that's harbaugh for you.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by dcsham:
I would be surprised if we win more than 3 games this year based on what I've seen tonight:

Our starting QB is worthless
Our defense had absolutely no pass rush
LaMichael James is too small to play in this league...a wasted draft pick
Aldon Smith is ineffective and may be out for an extended periord when all is said and done
Secondary was burned over and over again
Moss...did he even do anything?
Crabtree played in his first preseason game. Horrible
Does Vernon Davis even have a role?
Where was our kicker? David Akers too good to play in a preseason game?

Basically, I see us as a low level team. And I base this totally on what I saw in this first preseason game.
Somehow I can see SanDiego49er totally saying this.

SD's been pretty happy ever since we got Harbaugh
Traffic on both 19th avenue and 101 south near Candlestick caused me to be late to the game, I missed both touchdowns by the time I got there so I basically didnt get to see anything. The only rewarding part about the experience was that I got to sit next to a beautiful girl, and I even got her phone number. Considering the tickets were free, and we won the game, it was definitely worth it.

Keep us posted.

pics of the girl?
Originally posted by niner4ever12:

pics of the girl?

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

^
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
pics of the girl?

i know, right!
  • THEB
  • Veteran
small boobies.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Whoa I dont discriminate small breasts but, Damn! Those don't do anything for me!
Five things we learned after the first 49ers preseason game

http://www.examiner.com/article/five-things-we-learned-after-the-first-49ers-preseason-game

The running game will be mixed with several types of offenses.
The 49ers were able to run the ball for 260 yards against the team. Plays were coming from sweeps or going up the gut.

The pass rushing is effective.
Ponder, Webb and Bethel-Thompson were all under pressure for several parts of the game.

The backup QB position battle is still up for grabs.
Even though Kaepernick had a huge run, his arm was not as impressive. There were times he didn't hit his target or make a good decision when throwing to receivers.

Brandon Jacobs will be used for short yardage situations.
It was clearly shown that Jacobs would be on the field when there was a 3rd down with under five yards needed. He was put on the field for every third and short.

Bruce Miller will be the key to the 49ers offensive success on the ground.
The ground plays for running backs wouldn't be possible without Bruce Miller. He emerged last season for being effective at blocking. This could be the year where he has an excellent season in creating holes for RBs.
Share 49ersWebzone