There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers win best game of the year ESPY

Originally posted by BayArea:
Honestly if there was a better game out there then I would have been living under a rock because honestly that was one of the best I have seen in a long time. I wish I could relive it again.

But I'm not sure my heart could stand living through that type of game too many times. When Brees threw the last TD leaving the 49ers without much time at all, I thought that was it. The entire season came down to that Favre-like heart-breaking play.
Originally posted by fastforward:
But I'm not sure my heart could stand living through that type of game too many times. When Brees threw the last TD leaving the 49ers without much time at all, I thought that was it. The entire season came down to that Favre-like heart-breaking play.

100% agree. I was at the game and I remember when Brews threw that last TD. There was a little over a minute left and I felt dejected. Like you said, it felt like the old days when Favre would own us. The whole crowd went quiet as if we'd all seen this far too many times. That little ray of hope I had along with everyone else ended with the Catch 3! It was the most amazing game I've ever seen and will probably ever attend!
[ Edited by mustangmele on Jul 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM ]
That was a game for the ages. If the Niners would have won the Superbowl, that game would be featured next to "The Catch" until the end of time. But, since we lost the week after, it didn't meet its full potential in my book. Very sad ending to a miracle year...
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
That was a game for the ages. If the Niners would have won the Superbowl, that game would be featured next to "The Catch" until the end of time. But, since we lost the week after, it didn't meet its full potential in my book. Very sad ending to a miracle year...

Not really a miracle year, Harbaugh just actually provided the team with a real coach.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
That was a game for the ages. If the Niners would have won the Superbowl, that game would be featured next to "The Catch" until the end of time. But, since we lost the week after, it didn't meet its full potential in my book. Very sad ending to a miracle year...

Yeah i thought we were going all the way. I really did. Even in OT. Even when the fumble happened.

f**k...
[ Edited by ItsKapTime on Jul 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
That was a game for the ages. If the Niners would have won the Superbowl, that game would be featured next to "The Catch" until the end of time. But, since we lost the week after, it didn't meet its full potential in my book. Very sad ending to a miracle year...

Yeah i thought we were going all the way. I really did. Even in OT. Even when the fumble happened.

f**k...

was definitely our year to win it... giants pats superbowl meant nothing.
saw this last night and it was nice to see our guys get national love. Also very nice of VD to give props to Alex it shows good team unity. Also nice of them to take that kid up there who had some disease.


That Rob Riggle guy was hilarious in the opening monolog. The comment about Drew Brees and the Saints bounty fund was awesome.
Originally posted by susweel:
saw this last night and it was nice to see our guys get national love. Also very nice of VD to give props to Alex it shows good team unity. Also nice of them to take that kid up there who had some disease.


That Rob Riggle guy was hilarious in the opening monolog. The comment about Drew Brees and the Saints bounty fund was awesome.

Yea I was crackin up at that part and also when he was pointing out Anthony Davis unibrows, lmao

VD's shout out to Alex Smith was definitely nice!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,321
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by susweel:
saw this last night and it was nice to see our guys get national love. Also very nice of VD to give props to Alex it shows good team unity. Also nice of them to take that kid up there who had some disease.


That Rob Riggle guy was hilarious in the opening monolog. The comment about Drew Brees and the Saints bounty fund was awesome.

Yea I was crackin up at that part and also when he was pointing out Anthony Davis unibrows, lmao

VD's shout out to Alex Smith was definitely nice!

I don't understand why Alex wasn't there with Vernon to accept the award? He DID make that epic throw afterall.

OH AND STILL NO VIDEO!?!?!?!?!
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by susweel:
saw this last night and it was nice to see our guys get national love. Also very nice of VD to give props to Alex it shows good team unity. Also nice of them to take that kid up there who had some disease.


That Rob Riggle guy was hilarious in the opening monolog. The comment about Drew Brees and the Saints bounty fund was awesome.

Yea I was crackin up at that part and also when he was pointing out Anthony Davis unibrows, lmao

VD's shout out to Alex Smith was definitely nice!

I don't understand why Alex wasn't there with Vernon to accept the award? He DID make that epic throw afterall.

OH AND STILL NO VIDEO!?!?!?!?!

If you remember he was at the NFL awards show to accept the award for coach Harbaugh and then the niners went and "evaluated" Peyton Manning. I think Alex probably still feels a bit jilted, and add to the fact they gave him a modest contract. Maybe he just choses to stay away from representing the team in public so much.

Not saying thats what happened but it could be a possibility.
Originally posted by susweel:
If you remember he was at the NFL awards show to accept the award for coach Harbaugh and then the niners went and "evaluated" Peyton Manning. I think Alex probably still feels a bit jilted, and add to the fact they gave him a modest contract. Maybe he just choses to stay away from representing the team in public so much.

Not saying thats what happened but it could be a possibility.

Or maybe staying away from Cam Newton.
Just taped it on TV with my phone. Here you go...

Thanks MM For that video, I have been in a cave since the NYG game and I am just getting out, this made it better. I just made my final payment for my season tickets for 2012. May this season be good for us.
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Just taped it on TV with my phone. Here you go...


Thanks.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home