LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

Potential Harbaugh head game tactics this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This will be the most talked about matchup pre bye week guaranteed.

Didn't catch this before I posted, you are---right on. I hope JH spanks his a$$ and they have to be separated by security, you know; like the real world, not Goodall's world.

GO freakin NINERS!
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
definitely. the ex player usually beats his old team most of the time from what ive seen unless he just goes to a s**t team but i think the smith rodgers matchup, in an equal playing field for once will be the best matchup of the year, i just wish the nfl put it towards the middle of the year so both teams are firing on all cylinders when they play

====>>>begin> What will the biased media say if Alex actually put up more yards and TD's than Rodgers in that game? Probably call it a fluke or something. That would make my day if it happened though. The media can't get off Rodgers nuts long enough to take a breath.end><====
To many drugs my man, kind of sad actually....
Originally posted by genus49:
Who cares about facing former division opponents?

How about Smith vs Rodgers
Saints vs Niners rematch
Giants vs Niners rematch
those are way more headline worthy than Moss vs Bills or Dolphins

This is true, but if you look at my post you will see the emphasis on 1, 5, 7.

Thanks for thread derail guys.....

I've only been wasting tons of time on WZ and still am clueless as to which battles are important this season.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
This is true, but if you look at my post you will see the emphasis on 1, 5, 7.

Thanks for thread derail guys.....

I've only been wasting tons of time on WZ and still am clueless as to which battles are important this season.

You made the list but put emphasis on 5 and 7? LOL! Just giving you a hard time! I never care about these things unless a player left on really bad terms and has a revenge motive. Seldom live up to the hype. VD's return to DC last year was a good example...no revenge motive, just added pressure.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jul 12, 2012 at 6:46 AM ]
I think the OPs main point has been lost...he's not saying that these should be the most hyped games of the season but that Harbaugh thought ahead and based some of these short term free agency moves based on our upcoming schedule. For example, if we were not playing the Patriots this season would he have the same interest in bringing Moss in, or Jacobs if a rematch with the Giants wasn't happening. Haven't we seen coaches like Belichik use this similar tactic in the past? Now I'm not sure if a team would invest millions in a player just because we happen to be playing their former team...but I could see Harbaugh trying to get any kind of advantage in these matchups that he can. The Patriots and Giants will be tough games for us.
Subtract from a rival, add to your team...not more than that. You don't waste a roster spot to spy on a competitor, the player has to warrant the signing. Will Harbaugh mine every positive from the player/situation? Sure.

It's already being hyped. Won't have to wait for the season for the pundits to start talking about this game.
Moss at Lambeau as well. Didn't he moon the crowd?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

It's already being hyped. Won't have to wait for the season for the pundits to start talking about this game.

This will likely be the most scrutinized hand shake in the history of the game! LOL! Jamie Dukes will find some reason to blame Alex Smith for whatever happens!
JH should buy one of those fake hands for the end of game hand shake. Then as he shakes hands he pulls away. HA ha.

That will give the scumbag pundits plenty to talk about.

THEN, imagine if we meet them again in the playoffs!

didn't our schedule come out after we picked up Moss, Manningham, & Jacobs?

Can't wait for this!
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:

Originally posted by ninerdaddy:

i believe schedules are set a few years ahead of time...... they don't determine the date i believe until that year though.

http://www.pslsource.com/san_francisco_49ers_future_schedule_of_opponents

only link i could find..... i'm lazy.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jul 12, 2012 at 2:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone