There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners will start the season 0-2 best case scenario 1-1 (ARTICLE)

I hope everyone keeps underestimating us.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I hope everyone keeps underestimating us.

This!!!
Originally posted by Candlestick_Monsta:
People hate us when we're good, laugh at us when we're horribly bad & generally disrespect the franchise too much. Thanks East Coast Media.

(Sometimes, I can't believe I live over here in the East...)

He!! yeah! Same here.
It's very possible
The majority of NFL sportswriters don't want the Niners to win...they'd rather hang their hat on GB, Giants, Pats, even Denver. Harbaugh does his thing his way...and that rubs many the wrong way. Be that as it may, I'm sure the Packers know they're in for a battle royal when they play us...they're not invincible at home...Giants proved that. Our D's definitely superior to theirs, as is our running game. The way to beat them is to control the ball, put up TD's and keep Mr Rodgers on the sidelines. Putting him on the ground a few times won't hurt, either.
I think the GB game may be easier to win than some believe and the Detroit game may be harder to win than some believe.

2-0 would be great, but even 0-2 wouldn't be a disaster. Its all about the offense to me. We have got to be more effective on that side of the ball to be a more balanced/consistent team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Overkill:
I think the GB game may be easier to win than some believe and the Detroit game may be harder to win than some believe.

2-0 would be great, but even 0-2 wouldn't be a disaster. Its all about the offense to me. We have got to be more effective on that side of the ball to be a more balanced/consistent team.
we have to keep doing the little things we can control. The big thing is tackling, plain and simple. we had to be the best tackling team in the nfl last year, we pursue very well, we take good angles, we wrap and tackle. Those are things we can control. You do the little things well, the big things will take care of themselves as said by former Aplington Parkersburg Iowa football coach Ed Thomas in the book, sacred acre
The last time we played the Packers, the announcers were laughing their arses off in the 3rd quarter about how much time Rodgers had to throw the ball and how little time Smith had. Really ticked me off... not just that they were laughing, but that the assessment was so accurate.

This protection disparity needs to change in week 1.
Awesome. I'd blow this up and post it in the locker room. It's sound logic and if I were the coaches I'd want the team working hard to come out 2-0.
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
what if we went 0-0-2??!!!

the world would implode
Originally posted by Candlestick_Monsta:
People hate us when we're good, laugh at us when we're horribly bad & generally disrespect the franchise too much. Thanks East Coast Media.

(Sometimes, I can't believe I live over here in the East...)

I live in the East too. I call it East Coast Ignorance rather than an east coast bias.
So what! Who cares what the world thinks, and who cares if we start 1-1. Like Bill Walsh said it doesn't matter how you many games. You win in September." If we start 2-2 fine! The Super Bowl is still our's to lose. Gauex Niners!
there will be blood on the field, and it will be theirs, and harbaugh will want to rub his cheeks, on our players bloody jerseys
If the 9ers happen to win in GB, and I am ambivalent as to yes or no, God help the rest of the NFL. Even if we win in GB, I still see us losing a couple, one which we shouldn't have lost. With Harbaugh, tho, you have to believe he expects, and will demand this team to win 'em all. Against the big rush, Rodgers looked very mediocre last season. With no rush he looks like Brady..and Brees. Big rush remakes all QBs and the result is usually not good. Unnnhhhh....i don't expect Rodgers to not see the "big Rush".
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
this guy is full of s**t. the packers have no D and no running game. our D is awesome at taking away a teams best thing and making them one dimensional, even less than one dimensional sometimes lol. our offense was good enough last year to move on the packers and this year itll be even better. last year we beat detroit when we were supposed to lose and we added a ton more talent this year to do the same thing. 2-0. f**k this dadgum clown

No D, No Running game, but they do have Aaron Rodgers and one of the best receiving corps in the NFL. The talent that comprises that passing game puts to shame anything we've seen since the Moss/Carter/Reed Vikings (and even they didn't have a QB of Rodgers' caliber). One dimensional, yes, but a 15-1 record proves it's one HELL of a dimension.

That said, I do believe the 49ers win both games. I think the Packers game will be epic, the Lions game will be fairly one-sided.

Maybe homerish to say it, but the 49ers are the single most talented team in the NFL right now. Alex is the key. Not Smith:) Boone. That was our weakest position last year, it NEEDS to be better. The running game was not nearly consistent enough. Frank Gore needs some daylight this time around, or we end up with a similar offense to last year, Moss or no Moss.