There are 158 users in the forums

Niners will start the season 0-2 best case scenario 1-1 (ARTICLE)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I see the 9ers winning in GB. They will have a chip on their shoulders and be really up. For the Packers it's not as big a deal...just the 9ers with their second rate QB.
I think it is definetely possible that we start the season 0-2 (although I feel like we have just as good of a shot to be 2-0, or even 1-1) but the main difference is with this coaching staff and team it wouldn't be a devestating start that would result in losing all confidence and momentum and would be the start of us falling back to the bottom of the league. If this team does start 0-2, I think they will be okay and be able to rebound fine...unlike the disastrous start in Seattle under Sing.

the 49ers would be fine at 0-2.................the Webzone on the other hand
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
I live in the East too. I call it East Coast Ignorance rather than an east coast bias.
Haha yeah. I guess I easily can see it that way too.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I see the 9ers winning in GB. They will have a chip on their shoulders and be really up. For the Packers it's not as big a deal...just the 9ers with their second rate QB.

Yeah, at the end of the day the packers still have rogers. Now...we could say..you win, you get aaron, we win, we get aaron...that would be crazy. The winning team gets to take a player from the other team....haha, holy crap....that would make things interesting...
I'm kidding, I love alex and i'm glad we still have him.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

Yeah, at the end of the day the packers still have rogers. Now...we could say..you win, you get aaron, we win, we get aaron...that would be crazy. The winning team gets to take a player from the other team....haha, holy crap....that would make things interesting...

I'm kidding. I love alex and glad he has proved a lot of people wrong, including me. Hope he continues to lead this team.
I'm kidding, I love alex and i'm glad we still have him.

I'm kidding. I love alex and glad he has proved a lot of people wrong, including me. Hope he continues to lead this team.

...plus, Smith might throw the game rather than go to GB! LOL!
Unless Green Bay completely turned their defense around this offseason I don't see how they'll be able to stay with us. Our offense should be dramatically better and our defense is stacked with bad asses from top to bottom. I see Grant Cohn is predicting over hyped Mathews to be too much for our line and Vernon to handle. LOL No metion of our pass rush against their line who if I'm not mistaken is starting some noob at LT. Good luck with the Smiths. I got the Niners coming out and ending our losing streak in GB! We'll dismantle the Lions in SF too! GO NINERS!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
0-2 would make the webzone explode. old habits are hard to break
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Unless Green Bay completely turned their defense around this offseason I don't see how they'll be able to stay with us. Our offense SHOULD be dramatically better and our defense is stacked with bad asses from top to bottom. I see Grant Cohn is predicting over hyped Mathews to be too much for our line and Vernon to handle. LOL No metion of our pass rush against their line who if I'm not mistaken is starting some noob at LT. Good luck with the Smiths. I got the Niners coming out and ending our losing streak in GB! We'll dismantle the Lions in SF too! GO NINERS!

We'll see how much different our offense really is.

And Matthews isn't underrated:

3 yrs in the league - 29.5 Sacks, 6 FF, 4 INTs, 2 returned TDs

I agree that our offense against their defense is an advantage to us, but how much remains to be seen.
Some of those comments at the bottom show how incredibly past tense people live in when it's realtive to their hopes. Some on there think the 49ers can't keep up with the high scoring offenses of the Lions and Packers. It annoys me that people forget we had about a month to implement a totally new system last year and really relied on deceptive scheming and running the ball to get by. The players learned much as they went along. Considering the circimstances , I'd say the team did well for itself. This year, we had several months to get more comfortable in the system and learn some different things. Who the heck says that we cannot be one of the more potent offenses this season?

I say bring the haters on...
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jul 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM ]

Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Some of those comments at the bottom show how incredibly past tense people live in when it's realtive to their hopes. Some on there think the 49ers can't keep up with the high scoring offenses of the Lions and Packers. It annoys me that people forget we had about a month to implement a totally new system last year and really relied on deceptive scheming and running the ball to get by. The players learned much as they went along. Considering the circimstances , I'd say the team did well for itself. This year, we had several months to get more comfortable in the system and learn some different things. Who the heck says that we cannot be one of the more potent offenses this season?

I say bring the haters on...

Exactly.

I love how it's the entire NFL has film on the 49ers.....and the 49ers are now stuck!! LOL.

And yeah, the lockout magically benefited the 49ers, right? :)

It's possible it helped us with our running game, but man we had Smith doing some good things in a very undesirable scenario.

Overall, the 49ers will improve more than other teams improve relative to us in the game planning department. If Vernon Davis could do what he did in the playoffs as the only real receiving threat, it's gonna be insane what an entire team can do this year.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
this guy is full of s**t. the packers have no D and no running game. our D is awesome at taking away a teams best thing and making them one dimensional, even less than one dimensional sometimes lol. our offense was good enough last year to move on the packers and this year itll be even better. last year we beat detroit when we were supposed to lose and we added a ton more talent this year to do the same thing. 2-0. f**k this dadgum clown

Yes, we are fully capable of winning at GB and at home against Detroit. We've faced high powered offenses before but when the Packers played a good defense in the Giants, they folded. And seriously, save for 2 lob-passes to a 6'6" TE with serious hops and a 5 yard pass that went 60 yards, did Brees really run all over our defense? In fact, who did? Rodgers is one of those guys who can be a head case once things aren't going perfectly well (like usual). If you start hitting him and get in his head, ala Brady, he will start making plenty of mistakes trying to be "the man."

I think we can beat the Packers in GB if the refs allow it (you know what I mean; most biased officiating team by far; Giants would be #2).

As far as Detroit, our players love Harbaugh and will bust their butts to whip the Lions for him AT HOME!

2-0!
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM ]
Niners start 0-0-2

Jk f**k this dude
The packers game will be a tough one. We WILL beat the Lions, Jim shorts won't upstage Harbaugh. Lions won't make the playoffs again, the bears will.

highly doubt that. i think Rodgers still has a huge grudge against us, and this was *supposed* to be the NFC championship game last year. winning this game would help them get over feeling like losing to the Giants was fluke.....
Share 49ersWebzone