Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we have the most talent in the NFL?

Do we have the most talent in the NFL?

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
We got some pretty good talent but we are very average at the most important position in professional sports.

According to Singletary when he was the HC, the qb isn't the most important position on the team so.... who do you have in mind....

MLB FTW!

Punter ftw

Big Mike don't know punt! 4th down? Smash mouth up the middle!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jul 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM ]
idk

i think the packers, with Rodgers and Woodson alone have more talent than some teams
Originally posted by ads_2006:
idk

i think the packers, with Rodgers and Woodson alone have more talent than some teams

Why add Woodson. Having Rodgers alone makes the Packers an elite team. Pin point accuracy on all his throws according to Greg Cossell. Certainly no hype involved in that.

Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by walker807:
Dont forget about the pats too. They have more talent on offense in every area but RB. On the flip side we have more talent on D [b]everywhere but NT.[/b]

i disagree 4 years ago wilfork was better than sopoaga is now. but now, the man has lot his stamina and gained 40lbs of not muscle.

Maybe you should watch the Pats some more, you sound like you have him confused with haynesworth. I live about 20 minutes from foxboro and watch every pats game while im streaming the niners. Wilfork is the Justin Smith of NT's. The only area Sopoaga is even close in is clogging up the inside lanes on run plays. The only thing that has happened in the last 4 years is that the defensive talent around Wilfork has gone down but his level of play is still very high. 5 pass deflections and 2 INT's from his positions is absurd, not to mention he shows the agility of a man half his size at times.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Dont forget about the pats too. They have more talent on offense in every area but RB. On the flip side we have more talent on D [b]everywhere but NT.[/b]

i disagree 4 years ago wilfork was better than sopoaga is now. but now, the man has lot his stamina and gained 40lbs of not muscle.

Maybe you should watch the Pats some more, you sound like you have him confused with haynesworth. I live about 20 minutes from foxboro and watch every pats game while im streaming the niners. Wilfork is the Justin Smith of NT's. The only area Sopoaga is even close in is clogging up the inside lanes on run plays. The only thing that has happened in the last 4 years is that the defensive talent around Wilfork has gone down but his level of play is still very high. 5 pass deflections and 2 INT's from his positions is absurd, not to mention he shows the agility of a man half his size at times.

Wilfork is an elite NT and coming off of a great year. He was unblockable at times in the playoffs even though other teams were focused on him.

I love Soap, but Wilfork is the better player.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
We got some pretty good talent but we are very average at the most important position in professional sports.

According to Singletary when he was the HC, the qb isn't the most important position on the team so.... who do you have in mind....

MLB FTW!

Punter ftw

Can't have no punter without a LS

Brian Jennings

FTW

Brian Jennings alone means we have the most Talent. Period.

They brought in 24 long snappers (23 of which were signed to a "futures contract" -- wtf is that) and he is the last one standing
[ Edited by wysiwyg on Jul 5, 2012 at 11:24 PM ]

lol yeah he was hell bent on shortening Gores career.
Maybe. QB, WR are question marks. D Line depth is extremely thin. RB is banged up and getting older. Backup return men suck as we have seen. Are we a talented team? Sure. Are we a shoe in for the best or an elite run? I don't know about that.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Maybe. QB, WR are question marks. D Line depth is extremely thin. RB is banged up and getting older. Backup return men suck as we have seen. Are we a talented team? Sure. Are we a shoe in for the best or an elite run? I don't know about that.

RB getting older? If only we had drafted some running backs over the last few years.

Oh, wait.....
Originally posted by English:

RB getting older? If only we had drafted some running backs over the last few years.

Oh, wait.....

Those guys aren't proven to be at the production level of Frank Gore. They are little smurf change of pace type backs.
Originally posted by English:

Oh, wait.....

Those guys aren't proven to be at the production level of Frank Gore. They are little smurf change of pace type backs.

Hunter as a rookie looked pretty darn good. I wouldn't characterize him as a smurf change of pace back either, if you can run up the middle then your not a smurf and he can run up the middle. James is the guy I don't expect to run up the middle much but I dont think he was brought in to do that anyways. Of course these guys aren't "proven" to be at Gore's production level, they play on the same team and gore was just rated 6th best RB in the league. What at least Hunter did prove was that in the carries he did get he at least did something with them and flashed enough talent at times to show he has game.
Hunter as a rookie looked pretty darn good. I wouldn't characterize him as a smurf change of pace back either, if you can run up the middle then your not a smurf and he can run up the middle. James is the guy I don't expect to run up the middle much but I dont think he was brought in to do that anyways. Of course these guys aren't "proven" to be at Gore's production level, they play on the same team and gore was just rated 6th best RB in the league. What at least Hunter did prove was that in the carries he did get he at least did something with them and flashed enough talent at times to show he has game.

I disagree about James in that he was a goal line monster in college. Would slide into the line, disappear, keeping his legs moving like pistons and boom, next thing you know he was in the end-zone. Both guys may be sturdier than folks give them credit for being. I remember thinking Gore was a smurf too...LOL! Boy was I wrong!

I disagree about James in that he was a goal line monster in college. Would slide into the line, disappear, keeping his legs moving like pistons and boom, next thing you know he was in the end-zone. Both guys may be sturdier than folks give them credit for being. I remember thinking Gore was a smurf too...LOL! Boy was I wrong!

I think James would have a lot harder time at the NFL level doing the goal line stuff he did in college. The threat of him bouncing outside left massive holes in the Dline at Oregon that he was able to burst through. I personally just think his outside the tackles ability is what will translate the most to the nfl and is what the niners need the most from him.
James just needs to run right and he will become invisible to the enemy behind Boone and Davis. Opposing LBs will be stumbling left and right with indecision on which gap he's coming through.

Gore is around 220 lbs. We have RB who is 185 soaking wet. That's a big difference. Gore is short. But he is stocky and strong. He has muscle. Hunter is a little bigger at 199.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jul 6, 2012 at 7:57 AM ]