There are 297 users in the forums

Do we have the most talent in the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we have the most talent in the NFL?

No, but the Niners are in the top 3.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
The lack of talent at the QB position is our only weakness as far as I can determine.

It's the cold hard truth, and it's inescapable. -Right now we're the '00 Ravens, but with a franchise QB we'd be the 1984 49ers.
You're going to compare Alex Smith to Trent Dilfer? Are you for real??????
I think it's understood the 49ers are the most balanced team in the NFL along with Texans and perhaps Ravens.

In the NFC, I think 2nd best team for balance - Bears.
Providing we stay injury free I feel we are sure to go to the Superbowl with the talent we have.
[ Edited by JoeMontana on Jul 5, 2012 at 8:14 AM ]
We don't have the most talent in the NFL. What we have is the best coaching staff. They get the most from the talent we have and that makes it look like we're more talented than we really are.

The list of guys that had their best years last year is huge - Rogers, Alex, Brown, Brooks, Bowman, Goldson, etc. Put any of those guys on a different roster last year and I bet they would have been backups or had average years.

We have good players buying into great systems. That's it. I'd rather have that than all the talent in the world and no team (Eagles).
Absolutely!! Been saying that for years. For a long time I've saying that all this team lacked was REAL coaching. It's amazing what real coaching can do with a talented team.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Absolutely!! Been saying that for years. For a long time I've saying that all this team lacked was REAL coaching. It's amazing what real coaching can do with a talented team.

Yep.. same here. The responses then from some were, "well, we got all these first-rounders, so we gotta blame teh QB!"

First-rounders or 7th rounders... gotta have decent coaching that can develop talent, implement unpredictable schemes, and adjust in-game to what isn't working.

Feeling sure that we have that now... finally!
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Yep.. same here. The responses then from some were, "well, we got all these first-rounders, so we gotta blame teh QB!"

First-rounders or 7th rounders... gotta have decent coaching that can develop talent, implement unpredictable schemes, and adjust in-game to what isn't working.

Feeling sure that we have that now... finally!

X 2! or is this X 3? May I use an exponent?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We got some pretty good talent but we are very average at the most important position in professional sports.
we may be the most balanced, but sadly i have to say the Eagles are the most talented. They are better than us on offense in every position (except TE). I'd take Vick over Alex, McCoy over Gore, and the WR's are WAY more explosive than ours. Defensively we edge them out slightly. They didnt play up to their potential last year. This year they're going 11-5.

Originally posted by susweel:
We got some pretty good talent but we are very average at the most important position in professional sports.

According to Singletary when he was the HC, the qb isn't the most important position on the team so.... who do you have in mind....

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

According to Singletary when he was the HC, the qb isn't the most important position on the team so.... who do you have in mind....

MLB FTW!

Ugh... and he had gotten by long enough without a bite... until you.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Ugh... and he had gotten by long enough without a bite... until you.

LOL! Yeah, we all tend to bite once in a while. Just to let everyone know...my favorite bait is roe...tastes like caviar.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

MLB FTW!

Punter ftw
Share 49ersWebzone