LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

1990 SuperBowl 24 Culbertson California Brut Champagne

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've been helping my grandfather, who brought me to my first 49er game back when I was 9 (1991) for my birthday, renovate a house. As we're clearing out a shed, he hands me a bottle of champagne and says he wants me to have it, knowing how much of a fan I am. I look down and see the SuperBowl XXIV logo engraved just above the brand sticker.

Was pretty excited. Montana's 4th SuperBowl. 55-10. Most lopsided SB ever, most ever points scored. Montana MVP and OPOY.

Thing is, I can't find any info on the bottle... Did they hand it out at the game? Was it sold after the fact?

Next thing I need to do is get it signed by Golden Joe hopefully. Maybe when the hotel deal goes through I can get down there for groundbreaking or something.

I'll try and get a picture up today.
Joe will sign it. For 250 bucks.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Joe will sign it. For 250 bucks.

that seems pretty steep. ouch if you're serious.

anyhow, here's the pic

http://pic.twitter.com/bOjhQbVH
[ Edited by mkmasn on Jun 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM ]
Originally posted by mkmasn:
I've been helping my grandfather, who brought me to my first 49er game back when I was 9 (1991) for my birthday, renovate a house. As we're clearing out a shed, he hands me a bottle of champagne and says he wants me to have it, knowing how much of a fan I am. I look down and see the SuperBowl XXIV logo engraved just above the brand sticker.

Was pretty excited. Montana's 4th SuperBowl. 55-10. Most lopsided SB ever, most ever points scored. Montana MVP and OPOY.

Thing is, I can't find any info on the bottle... Did they hand it out at the game? Was it sold after the fact?

Next thing I need to do is get it signed by Golden Joe hopefully. Maybe when the hotel deal goes through I can get down there for groundbreaking or something.

I'll try and get a picture up today.
Doubt they gave any away after the game. This particular Brut would've probably cost $30 to $40 in 1990. Guessing they probably had a local run with the imprint afterwards. I'm sure you won't, but don't even entertain opening it. Champagnes even in their finest vintage's don't last more than 10 years, and that's when stored properly (not a shed) Looks like you got a cool piece for your sports bar!
Share 49ersWebzone