There are 417 users in the forums

Ted Ginn Jr. could be in danger of being cut.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We'll miss him in the return game...
Yea he could be on the chopping block
uh, yeah!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If Ginn gets cut i rather have LaMichael James returning kicks...........Kyle Williams is dead to me

f*ck him!!!!
at this point in time, he will not get cut. However the knee thing could be a concern and like everything else if someone out plays him and takes the return job from him like james or williams then I am fine with that. in the best case we keep ginn with james, williams, our rookie wide out, cox and even the rock for back ups. Then next year when ginn is not signed, one of those guys has to be the man
He won't be cut...bc we need him.
would it have even been possible to keep 6 WR's, 4RB's, and keep depth for the front 7?
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
would it have even been possible to keep 6 WR's, 4RB's, and keep depth for the front 7?

QB- Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Josh Johnson {3}
RB- Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Brandon Jacobs, LaMichael James {4}
FB- Bruce Miller {1}
WR- Michael Crabtree, Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, AJ Jenkins, Kyle Willliams, Ted Ginn, {6}
TE- Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, Nate Byham {3}

OT- Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Mike Person
OG- Mike Iupati, Alex Boone, Joe Looney
C- Jonathan Goodwin, Daniel Kilgore {total OL = 8}

NT- Isaac Sopoaga, RJF
DE- Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Demarcus Dobbs, Will Tuakufu {total DL = 6}

ILB- Patrick Willis, NaVarro Bowman, Larry Grant, Tavares Gooden
OLB- Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Parys Haralson, Cam Johnson {total LBs = 8}

CB- Carlos Rogers, Tarrell Brown, Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox, Curtis Holcolmb
S- Dashon Goldson, Dante Whitner, CJ Spillman, Trent Robinson, Colin Jones {total DBs = 10}

K- David Akers
P- Andy Lee
LS- Brian Jennings {STs = 3}

...... and that still leaves one spot left for... maybe Ian Williams or an OL
^Thx for filling in the blanks for me.

(Rock Cartwright)
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jun 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM ]
Ginn will make it. When healthy he is one of the top return men in the game and gaining field position with our special teams when our great defence holds a team to 3 and out is an important factor in how the 49ers win.
No way Ted Ginn gets cut. He's arguably the best return man in the game. I can't believe this is a thread.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
^Thx for filling in the blanks for me.

(Rock Cartwright)

Ah, yes... maybe Cartwright could be that one more fill-in player. Hate to keep that many backs though, but whatever.
Good post.

Very tough call - glad JH will be making it.

It'll be really tough in training camp. JH is a performance guy and it will boil down to that.
Every thread about a WR turns into a KW s**t fest. He isaint going anywhere anytime soon and you all know it. I think they Carry six, but if they dont Ginn is probally the odd man out.
as long as KW gets cut, could care less
This is like Harbaugh is on the hot seat
Share 49ersWebzone