There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defense not as dominant?

I was watching NFLN and jamie dukes was hating on the niners again. He basically said that the defense wont be able to handle the pressure Alex Smith will heap upon them for only throwing one touchdown a game. Additionally he said we were lucky to not have any major injuries. Granted, it may be true we did not get hit with the injury bug, i still feel we have decent backup all around that we wouldn't miss much. We lost Patrick Willis for a couple of games, the best linebacker in the game, and Grant stepped up nicely.
The D was a history making defense. There's no way we can duplicate it.
Dukes can suck it. Seriously. We have had this conversation on here a lot. Guy knows nothing. He is a fat ass so stop listening to him.
Man, Jamie Dukes is the truest definition of a hater. I just got done watching it and had to rewind back because I couldn't believe how pointless his argument was. Not once did Jamie Dukes comment on Alex having a second year in a row with the same offense, although he did mention we surrounded Alex with more weapons, he did not say Alex can flourish in the system.

Whoever the other guy was made Jamie Dukes look foolish in my opinion. For me, if and when the 49ers win it all I am gonna cringe at how awkward Dukes will be nut hugging Alex Smith.


CHICAGO49ERFAN
It's possible our D could be a little worse. And we need to score more on Offense.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's possible our D could be a little worse. And we need to score more on Offense.

I agree, but add better wide receivers, possible improvement at the RB spot, if Boone pans out at Guard, consecutive years in the same offense for Alex Smith, and MORE SPEED on Offense. Doesn't that equal more points scored?

CHICAGO49ERFAN
Stopped reading after jamie dukes
Daisy Dukes has tried to knock down the 49ers mojo for three straight days now I believe . . . whatever.
What's he gonna say when we take the Lombardi trophy home?
Dukes is hater, he always was. I belive he was a Atlanta Falcon back when they were in the NFC West so that may have something to do with it. But he is an idiot regardless. Guy has been a hater since day one. I wouldnt put much stock into his "analysis" of the 49ers.
What does Jamie Dukes know about winning teams? Over his 10 Career his teams are like a combined 60-95 with seven 10-loss seasons. The Dingleberry-era niners would have been an improvement for him.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
What's he gonna say when we take the Lombardi trophy home?

Jamie Dukes: " The Niners didnt win the game. The (insert team here) lost it."

An even better question would be Whats he gonna say if Alex is Superbowl MVP? lol
Why do some people care what this nimrod has to say?
Dukes and the Cohn family make livings by starting fights in empty rooms, what else can they say? As far as the D goes, it can only get better. Good defenses tend to stay around a while. Look at Pittsburgh and Baltimore, a system is set in place and it continues year after year.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,484
Originally posted by bishop915:
I was watching NFLN and jamie dukes was hating on the niners again. He basically said that the defense wont be able to handle the pressure Alex Smith will heap upon them for only throwing one touchdown a game. Additionally he said we were lucky to not have any major injuries. Granted, it may be true we did not get hit with the injury bug, i still feel we have decent backup all around that we wouldn't miss much. We lost Patrick Willis for a couple of games, the best linebacker in the game, and Grant stepped up nicely.

You'll come to find that in this forum, Jaime Dukes is in the 49er hater hall of fame.