Justin Smith #17 on top 100

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by drunk49er:
you have got to be kidding me with that

umm nope
Originally posted by BayArea:
umm nope

I totally get your argument. Very nice well spoken post with some good valid points. Nice effort. You sure showed me.....
I totally get your argument. Very nice well spoken post with some good valid points. Nice effort. You sure showed me.....

You put him in the same breath as Joe Montana. No argument needed. If you told me that clouds were made of marshmellows or that the stork brings babies, I wouldn't bother arguing that point either.
[ Edited by SmittyFever on Jun 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM ]
Originally posted by SmittyFever:

You put him in the same breath as joe montana. no argument needed. If you told me that clouds were made of marshmellows or that the stork brings babies, I wouldn't bother arguing that point either.

They don't???
Originally posted by SmittyFever:
you put him in the same breath as joe montana. no argument needed. if you told me that clouds were made of marshmellows or that the stork brings babies, i wouldn't bother arguing that point either.

I said he was once in a lifetime. Can you argue that? Nice first post.... Got to have a slight suspicion you might be another user who just created an account. You ain't that drunk guy from above are you? Oh ok. .... good.... sorry for the doubt.
there's also the part where he's the best at a much more valuable position than middle linebacker. love me some willis, but great passrushers are at a premium these days and if i had a choice i'd take demarcus.

sorry to rain on your homer parade

You have a good arguement, and homerism aside, I'd still take Patrick Willis. Only because Pat can pretty much do it all. I find Ware more one demensional..hes a good run stopper and a BEAST at rushing the passer..but thats about it. Willis can even cover elite tight ends, he can PUNISH blocking runningbacks, cause fumbles, had decent hands and has the lowest % of missed tackles year in and year out!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
WHAT how is allen and Nagta above this monster. He takes one the whole offense line every play and still havent or will see anyone bull rush back to back O linemen to get to the qb while being held whole play. SMH Smith should be top linemen on that list. IDIOTS
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Jamie hater dukes hating on smith and steve whise called him out! lol.

He was hating on Justin Smith or Alex? If Justin he should be fired immediately. What did he say?

he was talking crap bout justin. Whise said something about the fact he was all pro at 2 positions and dukes said it's because the voters don't know what they are doing. Whise called him a hater.(how do you spell his name?)

Dukes is a f**king idiot.

The voters (players) don't know what they are talking about? Please..that piece of s**t worthless ex-player doesn't know s**t. How you dis-respect Justin is beyond me. Dude should have been Defensive MVP this year.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by denali22:
there's also the part where he's the best at a much more valuable position than middle linebacker. love me some willis, but great passrushers are at a premium these days and if i had a choice i'd take demarcus.

sorry to rain on your homer parade

You have a good arguement, and homerism aside, I'd still take Patrick Willis. Only because Pat can pretty much do it all. I find Ware more one demensional..hes a good run stopper and a BEAST at rushing the passer..but thats about it. Willis can even cover elite tight ends, he can PUNISH blocking runningbacks, cause fumbles, had decent hands and has the lowest % of missed tackles year in and year out!

Willis is MLB which is a harder position to play and most demanding spot on the defense. Ware is OLB and basiclly a DE. Patrick has been a beast even with our trash defense when he first started. I love ware but MLB harder to play and willis is the best in the biz

Justin Smith - do you see the size of his arms? Isn't that against the law?
I said he was once in a lifetime. Can you argue that? Nice first post.... Got to have a slight suspicion you might be another user who just created an account. You ain't that drunk guy from above are you? Oh ok. .... good.... sorry for the doubt.

I wouldnt say once in a lifetime..but hes definately a once-in-a-decade type player. After Willis is done, I'll put him in the same category as Ray Lewis. Although Willis is on pace, and has the potential to be even better. Which is quite scary.
[ Edited by denali22 on Jun 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Nagta is in the top 10. Now that's respect.

My Tongan brother!
#17 is mad props for our boy who didn't even get ranked last year. Let's keep in mind they actually put players in the Top 100 of last year that barely or didn't play at all
Willis just lead the best defense since the 2000 ravens.......he should be top 5
Share 49ersWebzone