LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

If we lose Goldson..I wont shed a tear

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
I'll suggest this again, how about some of you watch the games from last year to save yourself any further embarrassment in this thread...

Lol, how about YOU rewatch some of the games. I'm sure all you do is watch highlights on youtube, so I wouldn't be surprised if you think everyone on our defense is a future hall of famer. Lmao. If you cant handle a simple debate, I'm sure the easiest thing to do is insult the intelligence of people that argue against you.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
That INT in aginst the Saints wasn't lucky...if anything looked like he had spent some time in the film room and baited one of the best QB in the league into that INT...
Yeah, I didnt say ALL his INTs were lucky. I give him credit where credit is due. He did have some really great plays!

Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I watched every single game last year and some of them twice. I am a fan of the guy, but I don't think he is a top 5 safety. He deserves to get a fair contract, but 8 million a year is just silly. We have other players to pay, who you wanna let go to pay him so much?

Ok, name me 4 other Safeties who had as many picks as he did last year, shut down the run as much as he did last year, shifted opposing O's to attack the other side out of fear, how many FF's did he have, how many passes did he break up, and who are the top 5 players playing at his position in the NFL right now? Also, by making him the franchise player, he automatically makes top 5 money next year (if/when) he sign's the tender

By your logic, it seems that the best safeties in the NFL have the most interceptions. Correct? And when you claim he 'shuts down the run', was it before or after we had a stellar front 7 that prevented people running for years? Now I'm sure some WR's look at film against us and see a safety that likes the big hit. But you're telling me if you were game planning against us, you WOULDNT attack Goldson through the air? I dont see our front office paying 7-8 mil a year for a safety to intimidate recievers.

Yeah he had 6 INTS and 1 in the playoffs, but you need to think about how many plays did he give UP? If he was absolutely a shut-down safety and has no flaws in his game, why do you think our front office isnt locking this guy up for the future?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It's amazing to me, how guys who are making millions of dollars , can sit and argue over another million or so, when they are on a team that is headed for greatness...ie, some SBs and not just one. Somehow, these guys think only of $$ when in the end, the thing that will mean the most to them is that SB ring...or rings. And we are poised to go after some SBs, beginning this yr. If the offer on the table is as stated above, as AB said, he would be foolish to turn it down. Yeah, I for one would really miss him, but am puzzled how short sighted some of these guys are. I get it that they only can play a certain number of yrs, but especially because of that, the SB consideration... one would think would be factored in.

In the erickson/noln/BM times, damn well bet I would want every penny to play here, because this team was dog doo doo. But now? Wow, a really legit shot at the SB, and Goldson wants more than the comparable salary, when he could play for a SB winner? I just don't get that . If Goldson turns it down, then we probably should get rid of him next yr....because he is unwisely greedy.

This is exactly correct. Goldson shows his true colors when the team is on the verge of winning again.
Originally posted by denali22:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It's amazing to me, how guys who are making millions of dollars , can sit and argue over another million or so, when they are on a team that is headed for greatness...ie, some SBs and not just one. Somehow, these guys think only of $$ when in the end, the thing that will mean the most to them is that SB ring...or rings. And we are poised to go after some SBs, beginning this yr. If the offer on the table is as stated above, as AB said, he would be foolish to turn it down. Yeah, I for one would really miss him, but am puzzled how short sighted some of these guys are. I get it that they only can play a certain number of yrs, but especially because of that, the SB consideration... one would think would be factored in.

In the erickson/noln/BM times, damn well bet I would want every penny to play here, because this team was dog doo doo. But now? Wow, a really legit shot at the SB, and Goldson wants more than the comparable salary, when he could play for a SB winner? I just don't get that . If Goldson turns it down, then we probably should get rid of him next yr....because he is unwisely greedy.

This is exactly correct. Goldson shows his true colors when the team is on the verge of winning again.

the owners of these teams make much much much more money than these players. i find it funny that some want to bash dashon or any player for trying to get a team to give him an extra mill...when that team makes that extra mill like it is nothing. again the nfl is the only top sports league where your contract is not guaranteed....i don't know how some like to call some of these players greedy when they play a sport where their careers could easily end or more chance at injuries than say sports like baseball or basketball.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jun 20, 2012 at 9:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
the owners of these teams make much much much more money than these players. i find it funny that some want to bash dashon or any player for trying to get a team to give him an extra mill...when that team makes that extra mill like it is nothing. again the nfl is the only top sports league where your contract is not guaranteed....i don't know how some like to call some of these players greedy when they play a sport where their careers could easily end or more chance at injuries than say sports like baseball or basketball.

When you are making that many millions, it is greed.

The owners make a truckload, sure, but the spending cap for personnel still exists. Goldson hogging that extra million or so can hurt the team's ability to spread the money around to other positions ( meaning hurt the team overall in keeping it strong ). It's selfish greed. If Dashon can't "feed his family" on less than 8 mil per, then something's really wrong with that. He should be thrilled to be on this team behind their front 7... he should be thrilled with making 5 or 6 mil per year. Greed and a "me" attitude sucks... especially for a player that has not established himself as a stud for more than a season.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

When you are making that many millions, it is greed.

The owners make a truckload, sure, but the spending cap for personnel still exists. Goldson hogging that extra million or so can hurt the team's ability to spread the money around to other positions ( meaning hurt the team overall in keeping it strong ). It's selfish greed. If Dashon can't "feed his family" on less than 8 mil per, then something's really wrong with that. He should be thrilled to be on this team behind their front 7... he should be thrilled with making 5 or 6 mil per year. Greed and a "me" attitude sucks... especially for a player that has not established himself as a stud for more than a season.

who the hell are you to judge him as a person? To judge what is enough for his family or what ever. This is his life....This is the real world. Athletes and entertainers get paid for their demand.

no need to bash him as a person or to try to discredit his accomplishments as a player, just because you might be jealous or alittle bitter about how this world is.

Dashon doesn't have to be thrilled about "behind this front 7" He'd do great on another team....I'm sure he is thrilled to play with his brothers Justin Smith, Patrick Willis etc people who understand his situation.....He is a ProBowl Safety. If anyone should be THRILLED to be on this team, it's non- ProBowler Alex Smith.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jun 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM ]
who the hell are you to judge him as a person? To judge what is enough for his family or what ever. This is his life....This is the real world. Athletes and entertainers get paid for their demand.

no need to bash him as a person or to try to discredit his accomplishments as a player, just because you might be jealous or alittle bitter about how this world is.

Dashon doesn't have to be thrilled about "behind this front 7" He'd do great on another team....I'm sure he is thrilled to play with his brothers Justin Smith, Patrick Willis etc people who understand his situation.....He is a ProBowl Safety. If anyone should be THRILLED to be on this team, it's non- ProBowler Alex Smith.

Originally posted by oldman9er:

if we had a proven safety behind him i wouldnt shed a tear
[ Edited by gold49digger on Jun 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM ]

I got no sympathy for a guy making millions complaining that it isn't enough. I will judge him because I am a man that works hard for a living NOT playing a game. When you are making 5-6 million a year and you hold out for more, it is nothing but greed any way you wanna slice it. Pro bowl safety or not greed is greed. I personally think he is just dodging OTA's like some vets always try to do and will sign in time for camp. I don't think he is really thinking he will get Weddle money because Weddle doesn't even deserve Weddle money. But once again I got absof**kinloutely no sympathy for a guy making as much money as he is when there are men that work a lot harder for less that are having a hard time trying to raise a family on far less money than Dashon is holding out for. Now if you think it is appropriate to be that way under the current circumstances of the economy, then I am sorry for you.
Now if you think it is appropriate to be that way under the current circumstances of the economy, then I am sorry for you.

Well that response beats the heck out of my comical gif.... exactly my feelings.

This thread is ridiculous, I'm glad you people aren't running this team.
whoever posted this is nuts, hes the biggest hitter we had since parrish who we got grom the bears, and tim mcdonald from our last super bowl. he picks werent gets tips or deflections. look at that saints game. infact, a strong case can be made that if we had him in that dallas game, we would have won that too. and that would have changed our playoff run. Goldson should be paid, how much? well thats up for debate. but, once you have a player like that, you cannot let him slip pass you. hes a game changer....pay him!
  • GORO
  • Veteran
There are not alot of good safties in the league today and Dashon is a solid player whom almost made two big interceptions agains the Giants that would have put the 49ers in the super bowl. I hope he gets a good deal, he showed his loyalty a resigned with the 49ers last year on a 1 year deal and now it's time he get paid well.
Originally posted by GORO:
There are not alot of good safties in the league today and Dashon is a solid player whom almost made two big interceptions agains the Giants that would have put the 49ers in the super bowl. I hope he gets a good deal, he showed his loyalty a resigned with the 49ers last year on a 1 year deal and now it's time he get paid well.

Yeah I hope he gets a deal that is good for the team and they player. My argument is that 8 million a year is not a good deal for a team that will have other free agents coming up. It is not that I don't want the guy on the team, he is a top 10 safety without a doubt.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Jun 20, 2012 at 3:45 PM ]
Originally posted by GORO:

Yeah I hope he gets a deal that is good for the team and they player. My argument is that 8 million a year is not a good deal for a team that will have other free agents coming up. It is not that I don't want the guy on the team, he is a top 10 safety without a doubt.

This, offer what he is worth, and let him walk if he chooses not to accept.
Share 49ersWebzone