LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

If we lose Goldson..I wont shed a tear

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anytime a player can get paid I'm all for it. One play and a career could be over, with ownership long gone before the next game. Big hitters like Goldson will be history in the future NFL. The increased awareness to physical injury and the alteration of the game through restrictive rules make big hitters go the way of the walkman.
I'm not worried if he signed or not...I'm kind of numb to it now.. I think highly of Goldson..and I am one of the few, for some reason, but I believe he is on the level of Reed and Troy. Like I have posted before, there is no perfect Free Safety in this league... Troy still takes chances that teams exploit here and there, and him and Reed are both have injury issues. Dashon is also 6'2 compared to Reed and Troy's 5'10.

I'm just ready to get his jersey...waiting for him to sign a long term deal, hopefully over here but if not I'll still get his jersey for his new team.
Originally posted by Oscar:
That's a great article on Goldson. I think we have him play out his franchise year, then we give him the ol' Baalke special. Decide on a number and don't deviate. He leaves in FA and we either get a replacement (since now people actually want to come here) or one of the young guys steps up. Win-win.

Exactly.............
Won't shed a single one
I blame Alex.
He'll sign. Stop worrying. They play the system to try to get $500,000 or $1,000,000 more per year. In the end he'll sign.
I think he signs a long term deal around $7 million per year right before the July deadline. Let's go HAWK!!!!!!

CHICAGO49ERFAN
We ain't going to the Bowl without him. Then again he did Crush our own DB's "Hawking"
Goldson is inconsistent. I think he also gets bad advice, maybe it's his own flaw. I don't fault the guy for trying to get his, but he should have realized his value when no one in the league went after him last year.

I think it's a big mistake to hold out of camp.....I have never liked players that have done it. (Crabtree, Aubrayo Franklin, Chris Johnson).....I can't even think of a player that has had a good season after they have held out. Dashon needs to be in camp and enhance his game.

Goldson has his flaws but he has the ability to make the big play and change the game with a big hit. Teams are afraid to go over the middle on us now with Whitner and him patrolling the middle. But Goldson needs to become more consistent. I'd rather have a ballhawk as the Free Safety than the big hitter.

We won't overpay for any player, if he doesn't sign long term then next year we are looking for safety and we got the picks to get a good one.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
I blame Alex.

HAHAHAHAH!

He is not the same caliber of safety as Reed, but he is a good safety. He just needs to learn how to go after the ball without killing his own teammates. He put Brown out of a playoff game, whose replacement immediately gave up big plays. If he wants big time money, he'd be well served to bring some discipline to his game. I think he can get better, I guess we will find out.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He is not the same caliber of safety as Reed, but he is a good safety. He just needs to learn how to go after the ball without killing his own teammates. He put Brown out of a playoff game, whose replacement immediately gave up big plays. If he wants big time money, he'd be well served to bring some discipline to his game. I think he can get better, I guess we will find out.

1 play.... He was going for the interception aggressively. There is 10 times more good in his game than bad.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1 play.... He was going for the interception aggressively. There is 10 times more good in his game than bad.

Never said he sucked, just saying that an interception is not worth injuring one of your teammates. Positional awareness is something he really needs to work on, especially if he wants the top money. Also it seems kinda douchey to be greedy when there are so many people in this country that are struggling to make ends meet. He getts paid plenty if he signs the tag ( which I am confident he will) but he needs to be in camp getting better as a player if he wants the big payday. He should feel very lucky to have such a great job.

By the way, I would say two or three times the good to bad. I think he is just a level below Reed, Berry and Polamalu, but I think where he lacks can be coached up, Positional awareness and coverage discipline ( not biting so hard on play action). Once again, I like him, want him on the team, but don't want to overpay him when we have other, more vital positions coming up in free agency.
I think some of you need to re-watch some games from last season... We absolutely need him back and anyone who says different is an idiot.

It really astonishes me that some of you actually think you know what you're talking about when it comes to this team
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
I think some of you need to re-watch some games from last season... We absolutely need him back and anyone who says different is an idiot.

It really astonishes me that some of you actually think you know what you're talking about when it comes to this team

I thought the honey badger didn't give a f**k?
Share 49ersWebzone